Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Gameplay Video - Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
If you can get someone to play a patient pocket game like this with you, with short hops, and smart headmovement, it's insanely fun.

Unfortunately, 99% of players hold forward 100% of the time, winging lunging strikes, and ignore nuance.
This is something I hope will be fixed by the divisions in online. Like, to use Starcraft as an example, bronze league is all 6 pools, cannon rushes and proxy barracks which is a really annoying and unfun way to play Starcraft if you're looking for a more macro focused game, but from about gold/diamond and up, you actually get really fun back and forth games where tiny economic advantages make the difference.

I'm hoping UFC 3 will end up like this, where the bad players can play badly against other bad players and have a pretty good time and the good players can have competitive technical fights with other good players. Or, it'll turn out that the dominant strategy is something really weird and division 8 will be imanari rolls and flying knees, who the hell knows?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #42
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Or, it'll turn out that the dominant strategy is something really weird and division 8 will be imanari rolls and flying knees, who the hell knows?
That's the burning question in my mind too.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #43
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Head movement looks so bad

I really wish we could get the 8 way movement to allow for smaller slips. Vast majority of fighters dont commit that hard to a side especially when chaining/feinting slips

Active knockdown is also really out of place. Bottom fighter should be able to choose between sitting in his guard or getting right back up. Offensive fighter should be able to hit his opponent or try to pounce on him.

There’s 0 control in those situations. The animations themselves look okay but they clearly dont flow with the rest of the gameplay.

I still have faith in this Dev team but marketing needs work.

They need to put GPD in charge of that as well lol
/Agree

New Head Movement is much better than before but could use a tiny bit of polishing and I think we'll really be set.

Active Knockdowns....we should definitely have option to sit on our butt if we want to LOL Werdum styleee

(Maybe if you sit there for 5 seconds, and opponent doesn't engage, Ref Stands you up to prevent stalling, I'm fine with that, but sometimes I want to stand up quickly, sometimes I *DON'T* --- I want to be able to make a choice if possible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
That's the burning question in my mind too.
The goal should be that there are *NO* dominant strategies; and that you have to adjust your strategy to your fighter, and opponent, which I'm sure you agree with --- should be interesting to see how your sandbox universe pans out GPD
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 01-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #44
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCobra
I hope the final game is nothing like the beta when it comes too the feel. As far as i remember the forums were pretty divided. Yea they got a lot of praise but they also got a lot of flak. I did play the beta quite extensively so i know exactly what the striking felt like. Tho i really disliked the whole "queueing" of punches which disrupted the the sense of flow, and felt like input lag at times, the biggest issue i had then (and still have after watching the vids) is the whole movement deal. It just looks so off, floaty and stiff at the same time.
I meant outside these forums, more on social media. I haven't said much, but I think the whole stand up looks really weird and janky.(it also feels that way to me) I haven't had time to get accustomed to it, so I'm not concerned. (at all)
Old 01-10-2018, 06:26 PM   #45
Banned

Wtf is that sound lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #46
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
Wtf is that sound lol
The sound seems the same as the audio glitch from UFC 1, I wonder if that issue is back for ufc3.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The final game is very much the same as the beta when it comes to feel.
Well, thanks for the reply even tho it wasnt the answer i was hoping for. If we can expect the beta all over again for an entire game lifespan then I'll just sit this one out, at least until the price drops. No way I'm spending a small fortune on a game on release day when I know it has major flaws I will have a really hard time getting over. And on top of that all these god awful "pay-to-win" micro transactions.

It looks like this game will serve as a very good platform for the next installment, in which i assume you guys will focus on expanding the grappling aspect. But right now, to me, it feels like ufc 2.5. And yea, I'm saying that without having played the full game, cause with your statement in mind its enough for me. The feel is everything, and this time around it is off by a mile.

See you at UFC 4!
Old 01-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #48
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCobra

It looks like this game will serve as a very good platform for the next installment, in which i assume you guys will focus on expanding the grappling aspect.
What more could someone want from grappling outside of maybe some additional animations, subs and positions?

Every EA ufc game was significantly better later in life than at launch, due to patches. (IMO)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »