Home

UPROXX Brian Hayes interview

This is a discussion on UPROXX Brian Hayes interview within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2018, 02:17 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: UPROXX Brian Hayes interview

I'm really glad EA focused on the changes they did to give us EA UFC 3. The RPM Tech, damage and Stamina system changes im impressed with. The overhall of animations mocapping over 5,000 animations is awesome. The new rendering artwork is a nice addition.

Pride FC, WEC, Strikeforce, Invicta FC, are all different organizations from the UFC. Which Zuffa has rights to all of those promotions as well as the WFA. I may not know the full process of what is needed to put those organizations into the game, but I guarantee there are people out there who loved being able to have different Venues, & Different Rulesets. It's what made EA MMA unique.

EA MMA had 4 Different Rulesets which effected movesets of what was allowed or not, and also it effected fight time.

-Unified Rules
-Strikeforce Rules (No Ground Elbows)
- Japanese (Pride Rules)
-Vale Tudo

EA MMA is the only MMA Game to have a Hexagon Cage, Circle Cage, & Boxing Ring. Which can be chosen as an option at each Venue.

I understand the Focus of a UFC game should be the UFC. That's true. No other promotions should be promoted more than the UFC. Some people just want the other organizations for a change in venue.

Every EA UFC Venue looks the same inside the octagon. Outside the octagon they look different and have different walk in entrances, different lighting, different seating arrangement, different Giant Screen Display, & some no Display at all.

Those outside the octagon differences however do not give the appearance of change inside the octagon because none of the octagons have different sponsor's on the floor mats, or post of the octagon.

Which is part of the reason some of us want other organizations in the game because those organizations would have different colored octagons, (WEC) (UFC 200), a boxing ring(Pride FC) a different style cage (Strikeforce Hexagon, Circle Cages)

Not only do such venues like above give us a different feeling fighting in them, but it also effects the way Locomotion feels as well. I noticed diffrences in EA MMA moving around, and circling in and out felt different in each different cage or ring.

Which is why some of us would actually like to be able to fight in the WFA as well outside of career mode, and also be able to fight inside the practice gym outside of career and Practice Mode.

Yes I would say it's more for the hardcore's I agree. While having the ability of Different Rulesets and time fighting limits would be nice.

I look at WWE 2K and they have a massive amount of Venues of defunct organizations they own. Not only that they gave players the option to create their own arena.

If EA allowed a arena creator similar to how in Madden you can make your own team and stadium it would be nice if you allowed us to create our own arena with the option to fight in a boxing ring, a octagon ring, hexagon ring, circle ring,

Octagon Cage, Circle Cage, Hexagon Cage with the ability to game face images into the game.

I seen people recreate pride FC in the 2K game because of their creation tools available.

Hopefully one day in the future you can allow for something such as this so we can take Fantasy play to another level.

I bet if people had access to that they would play stand and bang mode in their own arena and play as if they were doing kickboxing and Muay Thai matches.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:33 PM   #18
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaach
I'm really glad EA focused on the changes they did to give us EA UFC 3. The RPM Tech, damage and Stamina system changes im impressed with. The overhall of animations mocapping over 5,000 animations is awesome. The new rendering artwork is a nice addition.

Pride FC, WEC, Strikeforce, Invicta FC, are all different organizations from the UFC. Which Zuffa has rights to all of those promotions as well as the WFA. I may not know the full process of what is needed to put those organizations into the game, but I guarantee there are people out there who loved being able to have different Venues, & Different Rulesets. It's what made EA MMA unique.

EA MMA had 4 Different Rulesets which effected movesets of what was allowed or not, and also it effected fight time.

-Unified Rules
-Strikeforce Rules (No Ground Elbows)
- Japanese (Pride Rules)
-Vale Tudo

EA MMA is the only MMA Game to have a Hexagon Cage, Circle Cage, & Boxing Ring. Which can be chosen as an option at each Venue.

I understand the Focus of a UFC game should be the UFC. That's true. No other promotions should be promoted more than the UFC. Some people just want the other organizations for a change in venue.

Every EA UFC Venue looks the same inside the octagon. Outside the octagon they look different and have different walk in entrances, different lighting, different seating arrangement, different Giant Screen Display, & some no Display at all.

Those outside the octagon differences however do not give the appearance of change inside the octagon because none of the octagons have different sponsor's on the floor mats, or post of the octagon.

Which is part of the reason some of us want other organizations in the game because those organizations would have different colored octagons, (WEC) (UFC 200), a boxing ring(Pride FC) a different style cage (Strikeforce Hexagon, Circle Cages)

Not only do such venues like above give us a different feeling fighting in them, but it also effects the way Locomotion feels as well. I noticed diffrences in EA MMA moving around, and circling in and out felt different in each different cage or ring.

Which is why some of us would actually like to be able to fight in the WFA as well outside of career mode, and also be able to fight inside the practice gym outside of career and Practice Mode.

Yes I would say it's more for the hardcore's I agree. While having the ability of Different Rulesets and time fighting limits would be nice.

I look at WWE 2K and they have a massive amount of Venues of defunct organizations they own. Not only that they gave players the option to create their own arena.

If EA allowed a arena creator similar to how in Madden you can make your own team and stadium it would be nice if you allowed us to create our own arena with the option to fight in a boxing ring, a octagon ring, hexagon ring, circle ring,

Octagon Cage, Circle Cage, Hexagon Cage with the ability to game face images into the game.

I seen people recreate pride FC in the 2K game because of their creation tools available.

Hopefully one day in the future you can allow for something such as this so we can take Fantasy play to another level.

I bet if people had access to that they would play stand and bang mode in their own arena and play as if they were doing kickboxing and Muay Thai matches.
Wow. Amazing post. These options would be so awesome. I can't even tell the different stadiums apart in EA UFC to be honest.

Are there even different stadiums in EA UFC?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
There is, and you can tell the difference the exact same way you do watching actual fights, the arena name is written in red and blue in the fighters corner. The crowd shots are also (slightly) different. I'd imagine that they can't do much because the UFC wants it to look like a UFC fight and they don't really look all that different stadium to stadium. I'm also not sure if it matters for crowd audio, like I'm not sure if Rio Arena gets "Você vai morrer!" more often or anything, but in my own personal experience it feels like it does, could totally be confirmation bias.

Having said that, a little visual variety would be sweet, but that's a criticism you can make of the actual UFC so I'm not sure it's fair to blame the devs.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Wow. Amazing post. These options would be so awesome. I can't even tell the different stadiums apart in EA UFC to be honest.

Yes but it's only outside of the octagon differences that is noticeable.

The only other thing inside the octagon that makes the octagon look different is different sponsor's will be on the mats and octagon post. But the game doesn't even do that with different sponsor's on the mats and post.

Here are some real examples of the outside arena octagon diffrences. Look at the lighting and see the use of a screen or no screen at all.

02 Arena

MGM Grand

UFC Rio Arena

Saitama Super Arena

UFC Madison Square Garden

Old 01-11-2018, 03:10 PM   #21
Pro

Personally I wish the EA team would do what UFC Undisputed 2009 did.

Look at mat behind rampage and notice how it updated with the time and promoted UFC 99 in this shot.

EA UFC does not do this. Even though the EA UFC live Events get updated every fight. Even a slight detail like this would help change up presentation. UFC Undisputed always changed that up, and it was crazy because that stuff promotion and sponsor images would change up on the in between rounds replays on UFC Undisputed.

Every UFC Event has the current event on the mats and octagon post. It's not game breaking that EA doesn't do this. It's a small amount of detail. It was a feature in Undisputed that only worked when connected to the internet.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 03:38 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
There is, and you can tell the difference the exact same way you do watching actual fights, the arena name is written in red and blue in the fighters corner. The crowd shots are also (slightly) different. I'd imagine that they can't do much because the UFC wants it to look like a UFC fight and they don't really look all that different stadium to stadium. I'm also not sure if it matters for crowd audio, like I'm not sure if Rio Arena gets "Você vai morrer!" more often or anything, but in my own personal experience it feels like it does, could totally be confirmation bias.

Having said that, a little visual variety would be sweet, but that's a criticism you can make of the actual UFC so I'm not sure it's fair to blame the devs.

That's true the devs can only do so much with the UFC arena. The Arena's actually look good, but the outside the octagon detail we don't see much of. And we have no replay feature so we can't pause the game go into replay mode and actually look at each of the details they have done with the game.

It's impossible for the octagon to feel different without other cages types, colors or other organizations realistically.

But you are right about the Crowd audio. As we speak I'm recording video clips that show the arena during the walk in.

I just made it to the Rio Arena and it's the only clip I seen so far that had The crowd chanting Brazil! Brazil! Brazil.

When I finish recording each arena I will post it here.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #23
MVP

For me it's not about the arena and how it looks (unless they want to put some stadiums in, that would be cool).

It's about how it sounds. I said previously that I'd be cool with generic arenas that are set in a region like say, Australia. So when I create and event and load it up with Whittaker, Hunt and Rawlings, the crowd reacts to every moment like they are the home team. Think Stipe in Cleveland. That kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
Pro

EA UFC 2 has 14 Venues. Practice Mode Gym, & The TUF Gym is not accessible in Fight Now or Quick Fights matches. The EA Devs actually put quite a bit of detail into each arena. But the way the UFC sets up their arena's is the cause of the similarities between most of them. It's mostly differences in the crowd arrangements, lighting, arena name, big screen monitors, the Walk way from backstage to the arena that is different.

I used Jose Aldo in each arena to keep it consistent. The Rio Arena had alot if noticable detail diffrences. I noticed the crowd wore green and yellow, and was the only arena to have a hometown reaction to Jose Aldo during his walk in.

Not saying that's the only arena with Brazil crowd chants because that's not true. But as far as entrance wise that was the only arena that it happened in. Which means EA must of put some detail into those sort of things. These entrances normally get skipped so people usually don't get to see these diffrences in the Venues.

Madison Square Garden
Spoiler

MGM Grand
Spoiler

Honda Center
Spoiler

Prudential Center
Spoiler

Toyota Center
Spoiler

Air Canada Centre
Spoiler