Home

What a shame

This is a discussion on What a shame within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 04:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What a shame

-no possibilty to hit someone on the ground after a KO
-scripted, horribles, and robotics "finish the fight animations" (like UFC2)
Yes, they made a new striking system but what about these immersives things ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 06:14 AM   #2
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: What a shame

Although this is kind of a s41Tpost you've got going on here, there is no denying that those things are true.

The game is not bad, it's just that half of it feels great, but half of it is way outdated.

My hype levels fell off after trying out the game and now near release after seeing how EA is handling it's marketing etc.

It's like they don't care about the game. They know they have the exclusive rights to the UFC games, so they can sell what basically feels like an Expansion/Patch for 70 Euros and MMA fighting fans will eat it up, because it's their only option. EA clearly gave the devs limited resources and despite having nearly 2 years time since the last game, it doesn't really show in what i've seen in terms of gameplay improvements.

Despite my hype falling off, i still can't go back to EA UFC 2 after playing EA UFC 3.

I think with the limited resources they have, focusing on improving the career mode was a mistake, but i am sure that wasn't even their decision to do so.

I'd much rather EA made them, first get everything down in terms of gameplay and update the 2-3 year old ground/clinch game that felt broken even back when it originally came out, then after those are done, then they should have focused their resources on things like Career mode/Ultimate Team Mode/ Entrances/Presentation etc.

There are many things that needed fixing and we put up with, for 2 years with EA UFC 2 and even longer since EA UFC 1 and now we are gonna have to keep putting up with until EA UFC 4 only to get disappointed at EA UFC 4 as well?

I don't feel that i'll be getting my money's worth by buying EA UFC 3 at 70 Euros, i know i'll buy it, but i might rent it for a week, then buy it a month later when it's half the price, because that's what i feel it is worth.

It's like an Indie Game, trying to be a AAA game, but EA is treating it, like an indie game, yet when we the players play it, we see so many broken things with it that we feel like we are playing an Indie game, but at the same time it has AAA things going for it... I don't know man, the whole series feel weird on how they've been handled by EA.

If this was being sold for like 20-30 Euros for people who own the past 2 titles, i'd feel like it was worth it, but whatever they are doing with it, just feels off.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 01-11-2018 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:14 AM   #3
Rookie

You can only have one or the other. Ragdoll KOs or follow up strikes/good finish the fight sequences. The amount of resources it would take to make physics-based KOs followed with clean entry to follow up strikes is outrageous. It's why UFC 2 had the buggy entrance to jumping in to finish things.

Man, if you think the devs don't care about the game, you're an absolute tool. Come on. What kind of statement is that?
Old 01-11-2018, 06:42 AM   #4
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl426
You can only have one or the other. Ragdoll KOs or follow up strikes/good finish the fight sequences. The amount of resources it would take to make physics-based KOs followed with clean entry to follow up strikes is outrageous. It's why UFC 2 had the buggy entrance to jumping in to finish things.

Man, if you think the devs don't care about the game, you're an absolute tool. Come on. What kind of statement is that?
That's not what i said at all, I was referring to the way EA is handling the marketing. It's as if they don't care about the game. Not nearly enough hype/trailers as you'd expect.

Maybe i am wrong on that, but i haven't seen enough push for the game by EA as they did with EA UFC 2 or 1.

Asides from the devs interacting with the hardcore fans in these closed-off forums and subreddits, i don't see EA pushing out a lot of material for this title as they did with past titles or their other games in general.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
I think with the limited resources they have, focusing on improving the career mode was a mistake, but i am sure that wasn't even their decision to do so.
EA haven't yet given us a career mode in a UFC game. Career was one of the MAJOR things that needed to be fixed from the last 2 games. It's about time. If they released this game with 100% perfect gameplay but no decent career mode and then said "ah sorry we were focusing on the gameplay, no time for career mode" then I wouldnt even buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Their data shows that the majority of people who play this game mostly play offline career mode and want a better career mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Their data shows that the majority of people who play this game mostly play offline career mode and want a better career mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm glad there data shows that. They gotta give career mode players some love.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #8
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
They know they have the exclusive rights to the UFC games, so they can sell what basically feels like an Expansion/Patch for 70 Euros and MMA fighting fans will eat it up, because it's their only option
I'm pretty sure EA UFC 3 has made more significant changes to the game than any sports game released this year, by any company.

Do you disagree?

If not, how can you devalue it by comparing it to an expansion pack.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »