Home

Constructive Criticism

This is a discussion on Constructive Criticism within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2018, 06:37 PM   #9
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Constructive Criticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You mean, how the sport actually works?

What if in WWE2k, when you pin someone, the ref, instead of sliding in and doing his thing, just stands there, and the numbers "1,2,3" appears on the screen?

You mean how 99% of all KOs actually finish? You very rarely see walk away 1 hitter quitters in MMA. Almost every single KO comes by way of knockdowns and punches.

I don't think those things are unreasonable at all. I'm buying EA UFC 3 day 1. NO hesitation. I don't think those issues are "stupid" though.
I can't really agree it's all that rare to walk away. Sure there's a fair share of guys that go crazy still after KOing someone but I've been seeing a lot of fighters back off lately. I wouldn't call it a stupid request, I'll miss doing it to spammers and taunters, but it honestly didn't care too much mostly because of the lack of ref interaction and other little things. It was just a little extra thing to rub in the opponents face when they fought in a frustrating way lol.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #10
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleAgony
To your first point...two totally different games. I have no issue with the ref not pushing me off because as stated by GPD, they had far bigger issues to work out than that animation. So if that one thing ruins the realism for you? Thats on you.
No. It doesn't ruin anything, but it is a completely fair and reasonable point to acknowledge.

Quote:
Second point, do you know why that happens? Because refs are human and cant grt there in time to stop that. Look at Overeem and Francis for example. Clearly KOd. Still got a shot because the ref isnt the flash. Also as GPD stated, they didnt want it in the game because it looked bad for the sport. I am totally fine with that as well. Its as if people are trying to find things to complain about and they shouldnt. GPD seem to be doing EVERYTHING they possibly can to fix real issues.
Look... Starched out, Ice cold, 1 shot KOs objectivly just don't happen that often....

Just 1 example out of thousands, but here.... Conor Mcgregor. Devastating KO artist. I'm sure he's going to have insane power stats, move levels, and KO perks, yet wait, look at this.......

Literally every single KO he has in the UFC is a knockdown with follow up punches. Every single one.

Spoiler

Quote:
Its like a slap in the face when they do that and then we ask "oh btw...hide those meters. Cause i want em to be hidden"
Again,
You mean, how the sport actually works?

Having extra & perfect information allows you to build gameplay strategies in a very unrealistic manner, and completely changes the dynamic of the game. Again, a perfectly reasonable and fair point to bring up. Are we a sports sim, a fighting game, or somewhere in between, and what does this mean for gameplay?

These are all perfectly reasonable discussions to have IMO.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #11
Rookie

My main point is this...I am utterly tired of seeing thread upon thread of nit-picky complaints about this game. And you made another one and linked a video about learning from failure....like....what the hell? Where is there a failure AT ALL in this game so far? Grt over yourself please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #12
Rookie

Oh wow...okay. To those gifs you sent...none of them were layed out ICE COLD. Of course youshould follow up. That is not the point we were speaking on. You adjusted it slightly to fit your argument

Last edited by OleAgony; 01-11-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:58 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I can't really agree it's all that rare to walk away. Sure there's a fair share of guys that go crazy still after KOing someone but I've been seeing a lot of fighters back off lately. I wouldn't call it a stupid request, I'll miss doing it to spammers and taunters, but it honestly didn't care too much mostly because of the lack of ref interaction and other little things. It was just a little extra thing to rub in the opponents face when they fought in a frustrating way lol.

It was satisfying to get those extra hits in on someone who fought in a way you don't like. That or maybe you used a roster fighter compared to their tailored 100 overall CAF to beat them. It's like the extra shots rampage hit Wandelei with.

Rampage knew he was out but that was payback for what Silva did to him in Pride FC. Which is something that I'm sure people would want to do to the CPU in career mode to a Rival.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
My main point is this...I am utterly tired of seeing thread upon thread of nit-picky complaints about this game. And you made another one and linked a video about learning from failure....like....what the hell? Where is there a failure AT ALL in this game so far? Grt over yourself please.
He was clearly giving examples of things that could be improved to better match the simulation of MMA. I admit my wording could have been much better in the other forum which I feel bad about, but we all reiterated the praise for the striking overhauls made by the developers. Some people like me and Haz are realism enthusiasts and we feel passionately about these aspects.

This forum should be used for praise and criticism alike, however telling someone else to "get over yourself" and calling ideas stupid is really childish.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Oh wow...okay. To those gifs you sent...none of them were layed out ICE COLD. Of course youshould follow up. That is not the point we were speaking on. You adjusted it slightly to fit your argument

Just because you're not out cold doesn't mean you aren't done. And just because you're clearly outcold doesn't mean your opponent won't follow up. So there goes your argument.

The reason Mark Hunt's walk off KO's are so spectacular and awe inspiring is because people generally can't tell if their opponent is out in the heat of the fight. Also, it's not that uncommon for a person to kind of go out, hit their head on the floor and wake back up. You follow up to make sure the fight is over.

It's by no means a gamebreaker to not have referees properly tackle fighters like they do in real life to stop a fight, but it would definitely make the end of a fight more intense, immersive and rewarding.

I really don't understand why you think it's such a bad thing for people to want..

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 01-11-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2018, 07:08 PM   #16
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Oh wow...okay. To those gifs you sent...none of them were layed out ICE COLD. Of course youshould follow up. That is not that point we were speaking on. You adjusted it slightly to fit your argument
OK, how about Rumble then. Most devastating striker in the UFC right?

Spoiler

I'm not trying to turn this thread into an argument over ref interactions, but you just objectively don't see many walk away, 1 shot KOs.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 01-11-2018 at 07:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »