Home

All fighters use the same moves ?

This is a discussion on All fighters use the same moves ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: All fighters use the same moves ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There are something like 10 different jabs and 10 different straights in the game. Possibly a few more actually, I don't feel like counting them all.
Then I'm all good, that's way more variety than I was hoping for!
Old 01-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
There are two styles of overhands. One of them didn't make it into the beta.
What about kicks to the body and to the head ,I feel like I only seen the same thing from every fighter in the beta. The different Straights look so slick and clean but what about hooks ,uppercuts and kicks? Look the same for the fighters I've seen in the beta and those fighter different in SOOOOOO many ways

Sent from my LGMS550 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickeddMMA
What about kicks to the body and to the head ,I feel like I only seen the same thing from every fighter in the beta. The different Straights look so slick and clean but what about hooks ,uppercuts and kicks? Look the same for the fighters I've seen in the beta and those fighter different in SOOOOOO many ways

LOL. Diaz and Mcgregor had different jabs and straights than everyone else. Diakese had kicks that only he had. Barbosa is the only one I can think of who should have different kick animations. The rest dont really strike differently. There isnt a big difference between a jab from Dunham and Dariush.

Also, GPD can correct me if I'm wrong but all 10 of the different jabs and straights werent in the beta.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #12
Rookie

From the dozens of videos Ive seen from the beta, there are lots of different kinds of punch animations in the game.

What bothers me a little bit are the body kick animations. A guy like Al Iaquinta throws the same kick as Edson Barboza. Stats are different but the animation is the same.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. Diaz and Mcgregor had different jabs and straights than everyone else. Diakese had kicks that only he had. Barbosa is the only one I can think of who should have different kick animations. The rest dont really strike differently. There isnt a big difference between a jab from Dunham and Dariush.

Also, GPD can correct me if I'm wrong but all 10 of the different jabs and straights werent in the beta.
I never spoke on the straights and jabs because I know those are different ,what I want to know is if there are more INDIVIDUAL strikes than UFC 2, like more hook animations than UFC 2, more uppercuts than UFC 2, more kicks than UFC 2 and so on?

Also I disagree there are so many different styles and everyone strikes different , u can see how conor kicks different from lets say Stephen Thompson and many others if u actually watch footage of them. I know it's too late to actually think about this and actually put something like this in the game but I believe that Fighters that don't kick to the body or to the head that much shouldn't have those kicking techniques in their Arsenal, so instead of giving them kicks they don't throw in real like how about u use the kicking buttons for punch for specific fighters (only if they rarely kick).I don't see khabib throw kicks often so give him more punching animations ,put punching animation in the kicking button scheme.

Last edited by WickeddMMA; 01-12-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #14
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

I'm definitely not expecting every fighter to have unique striking animation besides a few. Maybe if the franchise lasts long enough and gets nearly all the gameplay elements we hope for...MAYBE we start to see this.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #15
MVP

The only thing that's really bothered me is the body kick. It looks off when Stipe throws it, possibly because I just don't see him throw body kicks IRL.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2018, 02:58 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
There are something like 10 different jabs and 10 different straights in the game. Possibly a few more actually, I don't feel like counting them all.
Does each fighter have one of the jabs, or do fighters have multiple styles they use in different situations? Not a big deal either way (I think I’d prefer the first way) but just curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »