Home

EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$ within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 12:14 PM   #25
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This is funny because its counter to EVERYTHING people say here. Now EA is only focused on MMA fans? I thought the issue was that the game was too focused on arcade/casual fans and that the dev team needed to focus on realism and things hardcore MMA fans want?

Well, when you put it that way, it sounds like an overall dumb statement of mine.

But that's not what i said/meant. Maybe it came out wrong.

One can be an MMA fan, but not a hardcore MMA fan or not a hardcore gamer. Meaning one can enjoy watching UFC, but when it comes to the games, they want it simple so that they don't have to put a lot of effort when playing them, they might be a casual gamer and still have an MMA game itch.

So yeah those people can still want a casual/relatively easy and forgiving mma game, that they can play from time to time, while at the same time being hardcore MMA spectators.

Basically what i was saying was, EA owns the MMA games market, since they have the UFC license and they don't care about making a quality product that anyone can enjoy, but rather care about milking people who want an mma game but have no other option to choose from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #26
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
The game isnt 70 dollars? You csn pre-order the standard edition for like 40 right now??

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Where can i do that? Last time i checked, was 80-90 Euros through EA UFC 2 10% discount at reveal trailer.

Now i think it's 70 Euros for standard or 80-90 Euros for Champions.

I would have loved to have a game where i would spend 70-80-90 Euros if i knew the game was worth it, but EA UFC 3 ain't one of them, despite me being a hardcore fan of the series and knowing i'll be spending a lot of time most likely with it.

But at times, i remember being burned out with EA UFC 2, due to a lot of it's issues and i remember there being like an 8 month period, where i couldn't wait to hear something about EA UFC 3 and i had stopped playing EA UFC 2 for like 4 months and only returned back to it recently until EA UFC 3 beta came out.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 01-14-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #27
Banned

People that complain about the price of a game are usually people who spend money on Call of Duty games. The same game every year.

All I can say is ufc 3 is more complete than ufc 2 back in the day.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #28
Pro

Through ufc 2 was a 20% discount when i bought the game plus 10% for having ea access. So it was 30% off. I got the champions edition for the price of the regular edition at list price(essentially)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-14-2018, 12:27 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
Well, when you put it that way, it sounds like an overall dumb statement of mine.

But that's not what i said/meant. Maybe it came out wrong.

One can be an MMA fan, but not a hardcore MMA fan or not a hardcore gamer. Meaning one can enjoy watching UFC, but when it comes to the games, they want it simple so that they don't have to put a lot of effort when playing them, they might be a casual gamer and still have an MMA game itch.

So yeah those people can still want a casual/relatively easy and forgiving mma game, that they can play from time to time, while at the same time being hardcore MMA spectators.

Basically what i was saying was, EA owns the MMA games market, since they have the UFC license and they don't care about making a quality product that anyone can enjoy, but rather care about milking people who want an mma game but have no other option to choose from.
See thats hyperbole.

Removing FTF makes this game not "a quality product"? Getting Ngannou's bodytype wrong means its not "quality"? Not enough grappling additions (and there are a few of them) makes it not "quality"?

Your argument would be valid if they did nothing major but they did. Striking is revamped and there are changes to damn near every mode and game mechanic. Its a quality game. Its not a money grab.

Now you may not think its worth 70 bucks but that doesnt mean its not a quality game.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #30
Rookie

EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I think you have a weird way of looking at series, but I could see not thinking anything was worth it from that perspective. I also think that UFC 3 selling poorly/having a smaller profit margin is more likely to lead to the series being cancelled than it being improved. I still disagree with you, but understand it much more now than I did before.

I agree. The series getting canceled is what concerns me in the long run.

It seems like EA isn’t willing to provide the resources necessary to make the game well-rounded and detail-oriented. The result will probably be poor game reviews and sales. Game reviewers are usually sticklers about details, and many of the issues in this game show an inability to go “above and beyond,” primarily because of limited resources and short timelines for game devs. Hoping this doesn’t lead to cancelation of the franchise by EA

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by iceberg3445; 01-14-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
But thats not what I'm saying.

I said "complaining non-stop about issues". I have issues with UFC 3 and here they are:

No universe mode.
Not enough improvements to CAF.
No improvements to event mode.
Not enough cage grappling and positions.
I dont love the new camera angles.
No instant replay function.
Certain fighter body types are off.
No customization of roster fighters.
Rogan's commentary.

Now, I've posted my issues here and directly to the devs. For many of those issues, I've been informed that there likely wont be a change for UFC 3. So I dont need to post "non-stop" about those issues anymore. I got an answer. I dont love the answer. Now I have a decision to make.

Are these issues going to prevent me from buying the game?

If yes, then I wont buy the game and I'll move on from complaining. Why? Because the devs arent working on UFC 4 yet so posting about things I know wont be added to 3 is useless at this point.

If no, then I buy the game and I move on from complaining. Why? For the same reason above.

All of my constant complaining about the same thing isnt going to cause any immediate change and just will serve as "noise" that gets in the way of feedback of things that can be fixed by patch for UFC 3.

Here is one thing I've learned: Most of the time when things are fixed by patches its not because the devs see people posting for weeks about the same issue. The devs typically see the original post....look into and see if its actually an issue...and if it is see if its something they can fix.

Your post 3 weeks after the issue is identified isnt causing the change. For example, if they change Ngannou or add ref interactions by patch, it will have nothing to do with a post that you make today. It will be because of the person who first identified the issue.
Fair enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 12:43 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I agree. The series getting canceled is what concerns me in the long run.

It seems like EA isn’t willing to provide the resources necessary to make the game well-rounded and detail-oriented. The result will probably be poor game reviews and sales. Hoping this doesn’t lead to cancelation of the franchise by EA

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
UFC 2 got poor/average reviews from hardcore gamers and alot of websites....it still sold 2 million copies.

I honestly dont think it will take any hits from major video game websites about the things we complain about here. If anything, the complaints will be related to difficulty adjusting to the new striking controls and some of the movement issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »