Home

EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$ within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70$

As an MMA fan, I am hyped to play EA UFC 3 as soon as possible, despite it's already revealed flaws, despite it lacking in some departments and lacking some more detailed feutures, that a lot of us long-term hardcore fans of the series have expected to have made it in the series by now, but didn't, which is where the feeling of disappointment, for a lot of us griefing in this forum, derives from.

Make no Mistake, EA UFC 3 is a complete & fully functional AAA game, a game that Anyone who is a fan of MMA, can play and enjoy and possibly have the best available MMA gaming experience to exist in this point & time. Both in terms of the game being up to date with the current visuals standards, as well as the gameplay depth & the replayability factor.

Hell, if you have never picked up any of the other games of the EA UFC series and you are just getting into it the current-gen MMA gaming now and thus, are not burned out from some of those old(but well-made) aspects of the 2 previous games, i'd say you stop reading right here and go and pick up that game Day-1, because you'd be getting your money's worth.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

But because EA UFC 3 is part of a 4 year old series and because it's reusing a lot of those older assets & because it has a lot of older flaws and lacks the appropriate polishing & is rough around some edges, that many of us have been putting up with throughout the series, to anyone already owning EA UFC 1 & 2 or just 2, I cannot recommend that they get the game on Day 1 for the full 70$ price.

Although irrelevant, because everyone should be focusing on themselves when it comes to pushing the boundaries forward, it's worth noting, that this has become the norm in the gaming world of Sports Franchises. Selling annual sports games' sequels for AAA prices, when there are barely any noticable differences from their predecessors. Although the EA UFC series is a 2 year- development cycle franchise, it doesn't mean it isn't suffering from the same flaws that other annual sports games sequels are suffering from.

Still, this doesn't mean that because the time has passed and something negative to the consumer like this, has been the standard of the industry for a while, we should just give up and accept it as is, thus passively normalizing it and contributing into harming the industry as a whole even further. Harming it, By allowing the limit stressers to get away with edgy anti-consumer tactics, without any blowback.

For that reason, i am writing this post to express my disappointment for some of those feutures that are holding the series back and I am gonna use the only tool we have as consumers, which is our votes. Those votes are made with our wallets. The best way to affect those votes, is for people to spread criticism over things they are displeased with and if others can relate with our mindset, we can convince them to vote similarly as well and make our change through the power of numbers, which is the only thing that will make the publishers pay attention to.

I think we can all agree it's already too late for EA UFC 3 to do anything major so close to release date, i doubt we can do anything at this point, to get the game sorted out, at a stage where we would be getting our money's worth on release date. (Polish the Finish-The-Fight & Knockdown Mechanics/ Some Tweaks on the Ground/Clinch Game to make em more responsive to the player's input and fitting with the rest of the game's pace/ Add a Replay System/ Update some Out-dated Fighter Models)

Which is why i would propose to the community, if you don't want to get disappointed by EA UFC 4 again, you need to vote with this game. EA UFC 3's failure, should be our message to the publishers for the next game. Do not pre-order this game, do not buy the Champion's Edition, do not support Origin Early Access, do not buy Microtransactions, do not buy this game on the first month of it's release. Wait until it reaches the deserving price of 30-40$ in a month or so, because at this point, we are getting way too many reused assets & way too many flawed, out-dated & lacking gameplay mechanics, that the supporters of the series don't deserve after investing in all of those games

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

With that said, i'd like to hear from you below, what are your thoughts on my assessment of the EA UFC series situation and what are some of the things you would have come to expect from the series at this point, but are disappointed that they haven't gotten down yet, with EA UFC 3 right around the corner?

Last edited by manliest_Man; 01-14-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #2
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
As an MMA fan, I am hyped to play EA UFC 3 as soon as possible, despite it's already revealed flaws, despite it lacking in some departments and lacking some more detailed feutures, that a lot of us long-term hardcore fans of the series have expected to have made it in the series by now, but didn't, which is where the feeling of disappointmentl, for a lot of us griefing in this forum, derives from.

Make no Mistake, EA UFC 3 is a complete & fully functional AAA game, a game that Anyone who is a fan of MMA, can play and enjoy and possibly have the best available MMA gaming experience to exist in this point & time. Both in terms of the game being up to date with the current visuals standards, as well as the gameplay depth & the replayability factor.

Hell, if you have never picked up any of the other games of the EA UFC series and you are just getting into it the current-gen MMA gaming now and thus, are not burned out from some of those old(but well-made) aspects of the 2 previous games, i'd say you stop reading right here and go and pick up that game Day-1, because you'd be getting your money's worth.

But because EA UFC 3 is part of a 4 year old series and because it's reusing a lot of those older assets & because it has a lot of older flaws and lacks the appropriate polishing & is rough around the edges, many of us have been putting up with throughout the series, to anyone already owning EA UFC 1 & 2 or just 2, I cannot recommend that they get the game on Day 1 for the full 70$ price.

Although irrelevant, because everyone should be focusing on themselves when it comes to pushing the boundaries forward, it's worth noting, that this has become the norm in the gaming world of Sports Franchises. Selling annual sports games' sequels for AAA prices, when there are barely any noticable differences from their predecessors. Although the EA UFC series is a 2 year- development cycle franchise, it doesn't mean it isn't suffering from the same flaws that other annual sports games sequels are suffering from.

Still, this doesn't mean that because the time has passed and something negative to the consumer like this, has been the standard of the industry for a while, we should just give up and accept it as is, thus passively normalizing it and contributing into harming the industry as a whole even further. Harming it, By allowing the limit stressers to get away with edgy anti-consumer tactics, without any blowback.

For that reason, i am writing this post to express my disappointment for some of those feutures that are holding the series back and I am gonna use the only tool we have as consumers, which is our votes. Those votes are made with our wallets. The best way to affect those votes, is for people to spread criticism over things they are displeased with and if others can relate with our mindset, we can convince them to vote similarly as well and make our change through the power of numbers, which is the only thing that will make the publishers pay attention to.

I think we can all agree it's already too late for EA UFC 3 to do anything major so close to release date, i doubt we can do anything at this point, to get the game sorted out, at a stage where we would be getting our money's worth on release date. (Polish the Finish-The-Fight & Knockdown Mechanics/ Some Tweaks on the Ground/Clinch Game to make em more responsive to the player's input and fitting with the rest of the game's pace/ Add a Replay System/ Update some Out-dated Fighter Models)

Which is why i would propose to the community, if you don't want to get disappointed by EA UFC 4 again, you need to vote with this game. EA UFC 3's failure, should be our message to the publishers for the next game. Do not pre-order this game, do not buy the Champion's Edition, do not support Origin Early Access, do not buy Microtransactions, do not buy this game on the first month of it's release. Wait until it reaches the deserving price of 30-40$ in a month or so, because at this point, we are getting way too many reused assets & way too many flawed, out-dated & lacking gameplay mechanics, that the supporters of the series don't deserve after investing in all of those games

With that said, i'd like to hear from you below, what are your thoughts on my assessment of the EA UFC series situation and what are some of the things you would have come to expect from the series at this point, but are disappointed that they haven't gotten down yet, with EA UFC 3 right around the corner?
I would have expected more in general if it wasn't for the striking overhaul that had to be done. Sometimes more isn't necessarily better, so I can see why they chose to prioritize to revamp the striking. Sometimes it's better to go again from scratch than add on top of a "non secured fundation."

Do I think it's worth the asking price, yes I do. With the 10% off from ufc 2 I even went as far as getting the championship edition.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

Re: EA UFC 3 is worth getting into, but it's not worth the minimum asking price of 70

I'm not sure what the point of this is, you don't think it's worth the launch price so you won't be buying it. I do think it's worth the launch price, so I will be buying it at launch. I don't find this game to be very anti-consumer, or at the very least no more anti-consumer than UFC 2 or any other game with an Ultimate team mode, nor do I think it's as stagnated as some people on this forum seem to think it is, I think they've made enough changes for them in addition to a roster update to be worth £60.

Now, by no means do I think the game is perfect, I just think it's more than good enough for my money and have faith in the devs that they will improve the game a lot with patches post launch.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #4
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

70$ isnt much for 2years entertainment, nobrainer for me.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Most if not all of the regulars here will buy the game at launch.

You likely will buy the game at launch (or around launch) for full price.

The game wont be "$30-40" until months from now. This game wont do NBA Live numbers so they likely will wait until April or later to do a real price drop. For example, they didnt do a price drop for NHL until Black Friday which was more than 2 mos after release and that game sells less than UFC.

I give a ton of credit to the people who will wait and not buy it if they are unhappy. I'm skeptical that a significant amount of people here will not buy the game because FTF was removed, Ngannou's body type is god awful and Aldo wont be updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Aldo wont be updated.
This is the thing that's closest to a deal breaker for me, Aldo deserves to look like Aldo, they can't keep doing this to my sweet boy haha
Old 01-14-2018, 10:32 AM   #7
Rookie

its $59.99
And you're goddamn right I'll pay that for a much more dangerous realistic striking system, fixes in the grappling/clinch system, mocapped animations, tournament mode, MUCH improved career mode, sliders, and improved presentation
Its as much improvement as a 16 month cycle can give

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #8
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i will buy champions edition but wont be getting any micro transactions from UT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »