Home

Is ranked still gonna be blind pick?

This is a discussion on Is ranked still gonna be blind pick? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #9
MVP

Trillz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is ranked still gonna be blind pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
And then everyone picks the 2nd most OP character, which leads to them becoming the new OP characters since the same ones will be banned each time, probably
That might happen in divisons with not much fighters however is the 2nd most op character like flyweight going to be any different than the other top guys in the divison??? Really just DJ is the top dog in flyweight, i bet you cant even say who the 2nd best guy in flyweight is right now because they are all mostly even after DJ.

Also in stacked divisons it wont matter as much as there will be many top fighters. e.g. lightweight has khabib, ferguson,conor,barboza, diaz banning one of those and there are still many options.

Tbh i think this is the best way to go forward!
Old 01-16-2018, 09:29 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
And then everyone picks the 2nd most OP character, which leads to them becoming the new OP characters since the same ones will be banned each time, probably
This is true, but I'd probably like the feature just to never face Jon Jones in ranked again. I hated playing against Jon Jones soooooo much
Old 01-16-2018, 10:52 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzarek
No way.
So you will win fight if someone quit but you will not play a game.
You mean like when someone leaves the game in the 1st round before you even throw a punch?

I suggest the following changes.

Online championship

> Pick a fighter

> Search for a fight

> Tale of the tape

By picking a fighter before searching, devs could add the option to filter out people who are using the same fighter. Though this would lower the pool of potential opponents and might result into a longer searches, it solves everything.

Ultimate team

> Search for a fight

> Get matched with player

> See general information about the fight (3 or 5 rounds? Title?), your opponent (Height, reach, record, base style), and generic statements about your opponents stats (ie: Knockout artist, doesn't get tired)
- At this point, you're should be unable to leave without taking a loss

> Player has x seconds to add training cards

> Tale of the tape

By giving us general information on our opponents before we use our cards, we get to actually use them effectively.

Real fighters study and train for specific opponents as well as tailoring their overall game plan to whether or not it's a 3 or 5 round fight, so why exactly do we have to guess and get lucky?

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 01-16-2018 at 10:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #12
Rookie

the_brooklynite's Arena

I would like to be able to see who my opponent picks. I might have a specific fighter and strategy for who they pick. But more importantly, I really don't like mirror matches. If my opponent picks the same fighter as me, I'd pick a different one.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-17-2018, 12:18 AM   #13
Rookie

Hopefully blind pick. I hate having people leave the game in unranked.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:20 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_brooklynite
I would like to be able to see who my opponent picks. I might have a specific fighter and strategy for who they pick.
Both players cannot have this advantage so to keep things fair, blind picks are the way to go. Just pick who suits you best for your own reasons.

If you don't, you encourage an endless shuffle of trying to counter-pick your opponent until you both run out of time and end up with random characters.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:17 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukEasy
Both players cannot have this advantage so to keep things fair, blind picks are the way to go. Just pick who suits you best for your own reasons.

If you don't, you encourage an endless shuffle of trying to counter-pick your opponent until you both run out of time and end up with random characters.
If you run out of time, it's not an endless shuffle. Double confirmation for the win. If you back out you get a loss. You will see more of the roster getting used this way. No fear of picking a bad fighter if you see you are not up against Jones, DJ, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 02:25 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
If you run out of time, it's not an endless shuffle.
I hope you were trying to be funny and didn't actually miss my point.. Hard to judge on a forum..lol

Quote:
You will see more of the roster getting used this way. No fear of picking a bad fighter if you see you are not up against Jones, DJ, etc.
You could easily fix that by doing actual matchmaking.

Separate fighters into three tiers based on ratings and make it so that you get matched with fighters from the same tier as your fighter. While adding the option to turn off this filter for the masochists among us.

It's the same thing FIFA does. No need to see your opponents pick beforehand.

Last edited by DaisukEasy; 01-17-2018 at 02:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »