Home

80-100 cap on stats

This is a discussion on 80-100 cap on stats within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2018, 08:43 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 80-100 cap on stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Doesn't really solve it though, it makes the average even less meaningful than my toy example.
It makes the average more accurate. The more of a sample size you have the more accurate the average will be.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:08 AM   #34
MVP

Or one could simply press Square/X and have a look at each separate stat before picking their fighter when they want to measure who's good at what exactly.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 01-17-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:04 AM   #35
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
It makes the average more accurate. The more of a sample size you have the more accurate the average will be.
In that case it would dillute the meaning of the stats. If there are many stats in a category, you can add a bunch of points to a precious stats, without seeing any difference in the category.

Really... I know it's hard, but it's best to just wait to see their actual stats.

I've said this in other threads, but I'll repeat it here: the categories are very misleading, because:

1- They don't display the decimals. A 90 and 91 could be very similar, whereas a 90 and 90 could be very different.

2- They don't take into account the value of each attribute. You could go from a low 90 to a high 90 on Striking by adding 5 to Power, or 5 to Switch Stance. (I suppose you'd agree that 5 points of power would make quite a difference, but you wouldn't even see it in the category at all, because it'd be dilluted in the hidden decimals.)

3- Not even the 80 to 100 marging necessarily means what it seems.

So, wait for the actual stats and play with the fighters, before passing judgement, otherwise you'd just be lured by a bnch of different misleading factors.

Last edited by Solid_Altair; 01-17-2018 at 05:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #36
Rookie

I appreciate the comments that the overall ratings or even the ratings for each category do not currently reflect the actual attributes of the fighter, but it would be great if they could. For example, Gilbert Burns is a very dangerous guy on the ground in reality and I am sure he will also be great in the game, but an overall grappling rate of 86 does not really reflect it (although the individual categories will).

I know that this is a lot to ask for, but I believe that that a lot of players/posters, including myself, would like to see future games implement a broader and more comprehensive ratings system, a la NBA 2K, with more categories and ratings between 60 and 100.

Similar to 2K it would be great if EA UFC would highlight the overall rating, but also three or more key strengths of fighters, instead of having the four subgroups. For example, for Khabib it could show an overall of 90 (ish?), with high overall ratings in Top Game, Takedown Ability and Chin Strength. For Gilbert Burns it could show great submission offense, defense and a good bottom game. This type of overview would eliminate the problem of misinterpretation of the averages and give better insights into strengths of fighters.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #37
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickosh
I appreciate the comments that the overall ratings or even the ratings for each category do not currently reflect the actual attributes of the fighter, but it would be great if they could. For example, Gilbert Burns is a very dangerous guy on the ground in reality and I am sure he will also be great in the game, but an overall grappling rate of 86 does not really reflect it (although the individual categories will).

I know that this is a lot to ask for, but I believe that that a lot of players/posters, including myself, would like to see future games implement a broader and more comprehensive ratings system, a la NBA 2K, with more categories and ratings between 60 and 100.

Similar to 2K it would be great if EA UFC would highlight the overall rating, but also three or more key strengths of fighters, instead of having the four subgroups. For example, for Khabib it could show an overall of 90 (ish?), with high overall ratings in Top Game, Takedown Ability and Chin Strength. For Gilbert Burns it could show great submission offense, defense and a good bottom game. This type of overview would eliminate the problem of misinterpretation of the averages and give better insights into strengths of fighters.
Another options would be to have a few more categories, like clinch separated from ground. But you can't o too far this route, or you'll lose the purpose of summary. And yet another option is to have a modified overall for the categories, considering the weight of the real stats (power more precious than switch stance).

But all of these things wouldn't make a huge different and they'd probably take quite a bit of work. All this while the real sollution is to just look at the actual stats. It's a pickle.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 1

OVR is really important in Madden because the AI uses it to set line ups.

OVR doesn’t matter in UFC because there’s just no situation besides right now that it will come up. In fact it will help more experienced players that know how good fighters really are down the road versus people who are just picking fighters based on OVR.

I’d love for them to get rid of it but I get people wanting to see one nice number to tie everything together, it’s just too complex to actually do that, and that’s a good thing.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
In that case it would dillute the meaning of the stats. If there are many stats in a category, you can add a bunch of points to a precious stats, without seeing any difference in the category.

Really... I know it's hard, but it's best to just wait to see their actual stats.

I've said this in other threads, but I'll repeat it here: the categories are very misleading, because:

1- They don't display the decimals. A 90 and 91 could be very similar, whereas a 90 and 90 could be very different.

2- They don't take into account the value of each attribute. You could go from a low 90 to a high 90 on Striking by adding 5 to Power, or 5 to Switch Stance. (I suppose you'd agree that 5 points of power would make quite a difference, but you wouldn't even see it in the category at all, because it'd be dilluted in the hidden decimals.)

3- Not even the 80 to 100 marging necessarily means what it seems.

So, wait for the actual stats and play with the fighters, before passing judgement, otherwise you'd just be lured by a bnch of different misleading factors.
Or i am just seeing the stats and imo they do not reflext reality. Most sports games have rating systems. Demian maia has better stirking that jonny Hendricks. I know your going to say about individual stata being different but he cant be that much better in some aspects to be better kn average.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Or one could simply press Square/X and have a look at each separate stat before picking their fighter when they want to measure who's good at what exactly.
Yes i agree, but all i am suggesting is adding depth to the rating system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »