Home

Colby Covington not in the game at launch

This is a discussion on Colby Covington not in the game at launch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2018, 07:23 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Colby Covington not in the game at launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You just shouldn't mess with Star Wars.
Welp, Geroge Lucas not in at launch confirmed, preorder cancelled :P.

Seriously though, this gave me a good laugh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #42
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Think it was a dick thing to do, when you have as wide a reach as he does. Even if not for the followers he has, a tweet by him is going to be posted by many people. I don't even follow the douchebag because I don't really like the things he said. But I had the movie spoiled by that tweet anyway.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:02 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Think it was a dick thing to do, when you have as wide a reach as he does. Even if not for the followers he has, a tweet by him is going to be posted by many people. I don't even follow the douchebag because I don't really like the things he said. But I had the movie spoiled by that tweet anyway.
Yeah, I agree, I have no time for that guys gimmick, It might get him a fight or two, but it ain't winning him many fans.

But spoiling Star Wars is just.. Troll level weird.
Like, did he expect someone to challenge him in the UFC cause he spoiled starwars? Or did he just want to alienate what few fans he has.. Crazy.

It was damn hard to avoid spoilers whilst surfing the MMA media in the following days, yech.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:01 AM   #44
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

....wait. so is Colby Covington seriously not in the game because.. He spoiled a movie? please tell that's a joke that I don't get

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 01-19-2018, 12:15 AM   #45
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
....wait. so is Colby Covington seriously not in the game because.. He spoiled a movie? please tell that's a joke that I don't get
It's hilarious. Even if it's just a mix up and has nothing to do with star wars.

This could be excellent publicity for EA and Cobly if done right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #46
Rookie

It's cool they are trying to squeeze in guys shortly after launch. This one is a pretty grand oversight as you said.

However as I said in the other Roster thread. I'd personally prefer more gameplay assets, especially Referees and Doctors, over any fighter on any list at this point.

They spend so much time tuning fighters every year. It's really making it unbearable that we don't have what are very critical aspects of the sport in yet. Let alone a number of other things that could be done with that time.

I wish the for the first (maybe second) release they would have made the game un-licensed and just focused on getting the core gameplay nailed. Then , and only then spending the time to make the real fighters proper. Start off as "EA's Sports Ultimate MMA" or something. Then they could have rebranded it to "EA Sports UFC" when they had the game finished.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:41 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
It's cool they are trying to squeeze in guys shortly after launch. This one is a pretty grand oversight as you said.

However as I said in the other Roster thread. I'd personally prefer more gameplay assets, especially Referees and Doctors, over any fighter on any list at this point.

They spend so much time tuning fighters every year. It's really making it unbearable that we don't have what are very critical aspects of the sport in yet. Let alone a number of other things that could be done with that time.

I wish the for the first (maybe second) release they would have made the game un-licensed and just focused on getting the core gameplay nailed. Then , and only then spending the time to make the real fighters proper. Start off as "EA's Sports Ultimate MMA" or something. Then they could have rebranded it to "EA Sports UFC" when they had the game finished.

Agreed.

There are certain very specific moves/attributes included in the game that we have only seen on very limited occasions (Pettis’ showtime kick, McGregor taunt with hands behind his back, Anderson Silva back elbow, Max Holloway pointing to the floor). Also, the fighters have unique walkouts and movements during introduction. All the effort that has gone into those animations to me a waste of time considering they do not really add to basic and realistic gameplay. This is the third instalment of the EA UFC series and there aren’t decent cage interactions, clinch work is still a mess (according to most people) and the roster is disappointing.

I can make a CAF Colby Covington, but so could EA.. and probably better than I can. There is no reason a top 15 fighter should not be in the game.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:15 AM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
He's just talking ****. He wasnt removed because he spoiled a movie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »