Home

EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 02:46 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 photo/video thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Trust me... Once everyone gets there hands on the game and more and more ppl figure out that if your an aggressive fighter always going forward throwing tons of strikes it’s gojng to be pretty much impossible to clinch or shoot for a takedown.

There is such a bad pause when getting hit it makes you freeze up and can’t do nothing. People think i’m complaining but just wait till everyone has there hands on it.

You will see how broken takedowns are.
I remember it being pretty bad from the beta (although I barely wrestled), it just always worries me when people ask for buffs or nerfs week 1, because that isn't enough time to really figure out anything. Obviously I don't have the game so I can't test things, I just think we should give it a little more time before saying it's broken, I've seen plenty of fighting games ruined because people don't want to learn the timing on something that's hard to do/stop.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, you're probably right, it's just always worrying to see calls for buffs/nerfs so quickly.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:51 PM   #34
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I remember it being pretty bad from the beta (although I barely wrestled), it just always worries me when people ask for buffs or nerfs week 1, because that isn't enough time to really figure out anything. Obviously I don't have the game so I can't test things, I just think we should give it a little more time before saying it's broken, I've seen plenty of fighting games ruined because people don't want to learn the timing on something that's hard to do/stop.

Again, to be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, you're probably right, it's just always worrying to see calls for buffs/nerfs so quickly.
It’s not rocket science. It’s the same ground game as UFC 2. You can tell after a few games against decent players how bad it is.

Just wait till you have the game. Your going to be pulling out your hair against someone who just comes forward throwing combos like mortal kombat with tons of energy in the following rounds never getting tired. lol

I can’t wait till ppl realize how this game is going to be a straight up kickboxing game if they don’t do something to fix takedowns in the next patch.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
It’s not rocket science. It’s the same ground game as UFC 2. You can tell after a few games against decent players how bad it is.

Just wait till you have the game. Your going to be pulling out your hair against someone who just comes forward throwing combos like mortal kombat with tons of energy in the following rounds never getting tired. lol

I can’t wait till ppl realize how this game is going to be a straight up kickboxing game if they don’t do something to fix takedowns in the next patch.
Meh, I like kickboxing ;P

In all seriousness, not being able to take people down if they're being aggressive won't affect my game too much, if I'm playing a wrestler I go forward and trying to Usman the **** out of people, if I'm playing a striker I circle on the outside and potshot.

If this is a big problem though, it obviously needs fixed, reactive takedowns off sways should be possible. Although, I don't want people to be shooting through clean, landed punches tbh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 05:02 PM   #36
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:

Sometimes I think the change takedown logic to force you to play the stand up more.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Sometimes I think the change takedown logic to force you to play the stand up more.
They honestly might have done that, Demian Maia-ing it should be real difficult and it wasn't in 2 tbh. Reactive takedowns were also way too easy in 2, like, how often do you see some get double legged in the middle of the cage under a straight?
Old 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
GPD has said there aren't hard combo TD setups due to time constraints and that the TD issue is caused by the striking running on a "New" system and the grappling on the "old" and they aren't "bridged" or thereabouts.

Which indeed sucks, as it does force you into a kickboxing match even with grapplers, unless TDs are harder to stuff than in the beta, it is really, reeeeally hard to get taken down.

I just hope these things are high on the patch list.

Last edited by AeroZeppelin27; 01-26-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:49 AM   #39
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Good fight of me vs Boiler showing how effective body work can be

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #40
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Good fight of me vs Boiler showing how effective body work can be
The lag though, hopefully it didn't effect you guys much during the match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »