Home

Francis Ngannou Stamina

This is a discussion on Francis Ngannou Stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #57
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Francis Ngannou Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandam8nium
the problem is stipe's 89 ground game when Overeem have 91 XD
Grappling encompasses clinch, ground work and submissions. Overeem should have higher submission ratings, and higher off the back ratings.

Stipe should have higher clinch grapple ratings, top game, ground and pound, and grapple stamina ratings.

Not sure if all ratings are equal in their weight but that's how I'd assess the two fighters.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #58
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Grappling encompasses clinch, ground work and submissions. Overeem should have higher submission ratings, and higher off the back ratings.

Stipe should have higher clinch grapple ratings, top game, ground and pound, and grapple stamina ratings.

Not sure if all ratings are equal in their weight but that's how I'd assess the two fighters.
Is Overeem decent off his back? I've only seen his UFC fights and maybe a LHW fight or to in different organization.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #59
MVP

Well the thing is, we should be able to gas Ngannou out with good wrestling. If he misses a lot, he should lose stamina fast as well. But yeah, if you wrestle the **** out of him with clinch and takedowns, he shouldn't be able to do much after say round 2. Now, regarding his particular stats, e.g. TD Defence - I agree that since we don't know what that is, we can't properly determine if it needs a nerf and if yes, how much. But yeah, he's got pretty bad stamina, whichever way you look at it. He was available for relatively easy takedowns by the end of Round 1. Recovery between rounds should be low, I agree. Plus, his corner did not ice him, just wrapped towels around him. Oh, and regarding his model - I would like it to be fixed, despite the loss. It doesn't look like Ngannou at all.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #60
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Is Overeem decent off his back? I've only seen his UFC fights and maybe a LHW fight or to in different organization.
He's not terrible, he has a pretty nasty guillotine that he often finishes from sprawl dominant and occasionally would attempt from Guard.

He's better off his back than Stipe. Though I suppose it depends on what you value though as one could be better at getting back to their feet (probably Stipe) as opposed to actually being a threat off their back with submissions (Overeem).
Old 01-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #61
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Well the thing is, we should be able to gas Ngannou out with good wrestling. If he misses a lot, he should lose stamina fast as well. But yeah, if you wrestle the **** out of him with clinch and takedowns, he shouldn't be able to do much after say round 2. Now, regarding his particular stats, e.g. TD Defence - I agree that since we don't know what that is, we can't properly determine if it needs a nerf and if yes, how much. But yeah, he's got pretty bad stamina, whichever way you look at it. He was available for relatively easy takedowns by the end of Round 1. Recovery between rounds should be low, I agree, his corner did not ice him, just wrapped towels around him. Oh, and regarding his model - I would like it to be fixed, despite the loss. It doesn't look like Ngannou at all.
Maybe his grapple stamina needs decreased as well. Not sure what either his striking stamina or grapple stamina are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Maybe his grapple stamina needs decreased as well. Not sure what either his striking stamina or grapple stamina are.
The guy has 4 submission wins though. Surely that indicates some competence on the ground?

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about his Ground Stamina - yeah he certainly didn't have any gas on the ground, but he also didn't while standing up. He had about one uppercut in him per round after he gassed.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #63
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
The guy has 4 submission wins though. Surely that indicates some competence on the ground?
So I think that Big Nog has an 86 Grapple Stamina

Francis should be lower than that

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 01-21-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #64
MVP

Quote:
So I think that Big Nog has an 86 Grapple Stamina

Should be lower than that
I'm not sure I understood that.

Anyway, the division between Stand-up Stamina and Ground Stamina is really, really weird... Ngannou gassed on the feet, and that same fatigue was obviously a factor on the ground. At least I think he gassed on the feet and Stipe capitalised.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 01-21-2018 at 12:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »