Home

Some Specific Career Questions

This is a discussion on Some Specific Career Questions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 06:10 AM   #17
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some Specific Career Questions

I watched Chris Smoove video and it looks like the opponent is a dummy punching bag. Won’t hit back with intent.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:19 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdBrown
I watched Chris Smoove video and it looks like the opponent is a dummy punching bag. Won’t hit back with intent.
I've not watched too much of career mode videos as it's the mode I'm most excited for and don't want to spoil it, however I've seen a couple of vids of people's first WFA fight and yeah, the AI literally just stands there and lets you unload on them. Like the first TUF fight in career in UFC2.

Is this for the same reason as it was in UFC2, that being to "test your skills" and then the next fight is more realistic? Or is every fight in WFA just vs a punchbag?
Old 01-27-2018, 06:01 AM   #19
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsoleBaddie
I've not watched too much of career mode videos as it's the mode I'm most excited for and don't want to spoil it, however I've seen a couple of vids of people's first WFA fight and yeah, the AI literally just stands there and lets you unload on them. Like the first TUF fight in career in UFC2.

Is this for the same reason as it was in UFC2, that being to "test your skills" and then the next fight is more realistic? Or is every fight in WFA just vs a punchbag?
You're in the WFA for like, long enough to read this sentence.

The AI is a little strange when fighting the CAF characters even into the UFC fights. I pointed out their unwillingness to fight during the beta using UT. It's not as bad as it was there, as I have gotten some CAF AI to give me a good fight. Each AI is different and that's cool. But I'm seeing enough consistency between different people's playthroughs to make me concerned. The AI either blocking too much (in the sense that the block doesn't break down correctly for them or that they just stand in your face blocking all shots high/low straight/round for a period of time) or not blocking at all seems to be an issue for more than just me actually.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9
In regards to your second question, I believe during the live stream today it was said you could never reach the UFC, provided you just don't do very well and take a lot of damage and losses. Not sure if you can reject the UFC contract or not once it comes up though.
This is really cool. After playing through career properly, I may put it on the hardest difficulty and play through just to see how I do. Even if I only make it to the UFC for 1 fight it'll be funny.

Just hope I don't get the annoying sorry you need to retire message.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #21
Rookie

I haven't seen much carreer mode gameplay but will there be the option to like headline a fight night card without being the champ. Like you couldn't do it in the past UFC games and it would be nice to have like the fight before a title shot be a 5 round title eliminator stuff like that. If not it won't kill me I understand there are more pressing issues the community wants but this is just an important thing in my mind because you don't see people getting title shots who haven't at least headlined one card unless it's off of a season of TUF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #22
Rookie

Does anyone know if they fixed it where everyone would retire as you went through career? It was super annoying. 200 fighters in the game, more than enough to have a ton of fights moving up and down in weight yet everyone would retire and I'd be stuck fighting no name CAFS.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:38 PM   #23
Pro

I've yet to see a youtube video showing TUF in career. I wonder if it's even in the game. No one has said a word about it, unless I missed some thread.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
I've yet to see a youtube video showing TUF in career. I wonder if it's even in the game. No one has said a word about it, unless I missed some thread.
Now that you mention it... me either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »