Home

This whole "Finish" issue

This is a discussion on This whole "Finish" issue within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 02:17 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: This whole "Finish" issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Didnt that happen in UD3 with really crazy KOs???
Yeah if you got a solid KO, sometimes they'd be too hurt for the hand-raising. It was pretty neat.

But stuff like that probably has zero chance to make it in, since apparently the UFC is now trying to hide anything that can be perceived as "brutal" and trying to convey that no one gets hurt in MMA.

Really sucks that the UFC is making the Devs work around, or completely remove, stuff like this.

Last edited by Reinfarcements; 01-25-2018 at 02:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:39 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Yeah if you got a solid KO, sometimes they'd be too hurt for the hand-raising. It was pretty neat.

But stuff like that probably has zero chance to make it in, since apparently the UFC is now trying to hide anything that can be perceived as "brutal" and trying to convey that no one gets hurt in MMA.

Really sucks that the UFC is making the Devs work around, or completely remove, stuff like this.
I don't think we know the UFC is making them hide things that are brutal, I think they wanted them to not have every stoppage be the worst stoppage in the history of the sport and this is how they went about doing that.

I don't like the finishes as much as the next guy, but Rogan and the UFC had a point with 2's finishes being horrifically late all the time.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:31 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I don't think we know the UFC is making them hide things that are brutal, I think they wanted them to not have every stoppage be the worst stoppage in the history of the sport and this is how they went about doing that.

I don't like the finishes as much as the next guy, but Rogan and the UFC had a point with 2's finishes being horrifically late all the time.
The finishes i saw during the Mighty Mouse Stream looked good , i especially liked the Max Holloway vs Edgar finish as it was a turned away finish. The biggest issue the presentation after landing a KO shot, because its firstly ending too quickly as most people agree and it does not represent realism to completely remove the follow up shots.

In EA UFC 2 and the undisputed series there were too many follow up shots allowed which i can fully agree upon. But either the Devs need to greatly decrease the cold KO's and greatly increase the severe knockdowns which allow follow up shots. Also additionally for cold KO's, what about just allowing 1 and maybe possibly in rarer circumstances 2 follow up shots in a limited time-frame. I personally think would look super good and alleviate the need for ref interaction which is the real solution but cannot be done for this release as stated.

Landing 1 and more rarely 2 follow up shots at most in the limited time-frame would also give the illusion of ref interaction as the refs usually call a fight off later than needed. It really does not have to look brutal or over the top , i mean the real issue in the last game was that you could pound on a guy 4+ times before anything happened.

I'm waiting to see what solution GPD is coming up for this because i tried really hard to like the KO's, but i honestly cant get into them as they really just being spoiled due to the given reasons ; hence why there are also multiple other threads and complaints on this forum for the same problem. I want to give you my money EA, but until then i'm keeping my fingers crossed that a good solution can be patched in as quickly as possible. Otherwise everyone will continue complaining and rightly so.

Last edited by ab541; 01-25-2018 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:44 AM   #20
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Gotta clean up
Old 01-25-2018, 06:08 AM   #21
Pro

LarsP's Arena

It's funny, I feel like the general opinion on ref interaction has changed here in the last few weeks. Before I saw a lot of people saying that it was far from a priority and they wanted the devs focused on more important things, which I didn't understood. The finish of the fight is a essential part of the gameplay, and not having ref interaction feels really off. But that has been said in this thread and a lot of others.

I think we just have to wait for UFC 4 for ref interactions, since it has been mentioned it is not in UFC 3 because of resources, and I'd imagine it's not something you can just fix with a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 06:11 AM   #22
Rookie

All MMA games had it as far as I can remember because... it's fun. It's extra satisfying if you were facing a cheeser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2jyB6q8n-w

I'll miss finishes like this. And this was nothing compared to EA MMA, you would face stomp people like 5 times after they're out LOL
Old 01-25-2018, 06:28 AM   #23
Rookie

Dzarek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
It's funny, I feel like the general opinion on ref interaction has changed here in the last few weeks. Before I saw a lot of people saying that it was far from a priority and they wanted the devs focused on more important things, which I didn't understood. The finish of the fight is a essential part of the gameplay, and not having ref interaction feels really off. But that has been said in this thread and a lot of others.

I think we just have to wait for UFC 4 for ref interactions, since it has been mentioned it is not in UFC 3 because of resources, and I'd imagine it's not something you can just fix with a patch.
For me ref was on the end of TODO list but when devs took away finish the fight after KO and said that is because lack of ref I change my mind... maybe others people think similarly.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #24
Rookie

This is something i've been talking about foooor a loooong moment, but it seems that devs dont want to hear what i'm saying

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »