Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 01:12 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions

I like the differences between weightclasses. The pace, speed, and power definitely stood out for me. I was surprised I had a few fights go the distance where neither of us were rocked, or dropped to the ground.

I will say though I believe their is a bug with fighters. I noticed that sometimes before the ref says are you ready that both fighters would be facing the wrong direction, but the game would auto correct that.

I still haven't done too much with the game I'm trying to conserve my trial time.

I noticed the game has new Taunts even a moving taunt like we suggested, but what happened to some of the other unique taunts that fighters had in EA UFC 2?

Silva looks like he has some new taunts plus some taunts that are missing. And some fighters EA UFC 2 posture is not in the game such as Bobby Green's Philly Shell posture he previously had.

Diaz Brothers have some new taunts but what happened to the other taunts that were in EA UFC 2 such as putting the head towards your opponent taunt.

I'm only making noise about this because it's part of fighter's uniqueness, as well it's part of CAF's list of acessible animations.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:18 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Takedowns against a very aggressive player always coming forward are pretty much impossible.

Every single time u get hit you freeze up and can’t move. So frustrating trying to time strikes when one hit locks up my input and i can’t shoot.

Takedowns need a huge buff. GPD it’s really bad.
If takedowns aren't actually made possible I'm cancelling my pre order. This is stupid.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:06 AM   #19
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

UFC 3 feels like a kickboxing game.

Takedowns are broken and the clinch entry could even use a buff.

It’s pretty much impossible to grab anyone or take them down.

It’s sooooo easy to deny.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:19 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
UFC 3 feels like a kickboxing game.

Takedowns are broken and the clinch entry could even use a buff.

It’s pretty much impossible to grab anyone or take them down.

It’s sooooo easy to deny.
Yeah, it really sounds like they over-corrected from 2, where it was way too easy and anyone decent would be landing upwards of 80% of their takedowns, which is better than GSPs actual percentage (73.8) and a lot better than most wrestlers/grapplers (Khabib is 45%, DJ is 56%, Frankie Edgar is 35% and Maia lands 26%), they probably need to chain faster out of sways.

I don't really want people to be able to shoot effectively through punches that are landing, other than a jab, but clinching and shooting off sways and blocks should be way, way easier than it is.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:25 AM   #21
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Cruz looked interesting in the game, but when actually using him. Wow. So much fun. Those sidesteps are awesome.

And I'm happy I am not the only one that noticed the weird sound at HW. I thought it was just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 06:31 AM   #22
Rookie

emmdeekay's Arena

Initial impressions is i love it.

Submissions seems to be really strong though. I've been tapped from 5 gates a couple times with full stamina while trying to do the push out the 4 gates and go for 2 on the last one. 2 gates seem borderline impossible.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Takedowns against a very aggressive player always coming forward are pretty much impossible.

Every single time u get hit you freeze up and can’t move. So frustrating trying to time strikes when one hit locks up my input and i can’t shoot.

Takedowns need a huge buff. GPD it’s really bad.

you're literally moaning about this because all you do is run at people trying to grab them lmao, if you set your stuff up and stop being so straight forward with what youre trying to achieve you wouldnt find it so hard.

Also I have no idea why you're pure sweating for subs which are completely out of tune and almost certainly going to be toned down.
Youtube
Twitch
Old 01-25-2018, 06:59 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmdeekay
Submissions seems to be really strong though. I've been tapped from 5 gates a couple times with full stamina while trying to do the push out the 4 gates and go for 2 on the last one. 2 gates seem borderline impossible.
They said they nerfed the submissions in post-beta changes but I don't know if those perhaps come with the day-one patch. I would wait till the patch drops and then let's see if it's still that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »