Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #585
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmagame209
What's goin on fellas. ea ufc 3 is now 70% off in the ps store until the 26th, should i bite? how's the game currently? i've heard about the game having a steep learning curve but is it still fun, like more fun than ufc 2? i hit division 8 in ufc 2 but it stopped being fun because of the same old clinching and stalling on the ground. i haven't played a ufc game for a while so i'm gonna have a fresh start.

You'll probably like it then, because clinching is practically non existent now.
And takedowns that aren't near the cage are not very strong at all. The striking is a lot more fun, and much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #586
Rookie

Game is worth it at that price. It is indeed a steep learning curve, but I am about 7 months into it and really enjoying it just now. I just do ranked and quick fight.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-17-2018, 10:31 AM   #587
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmagame209
What's goin on fellas. ea ufc 3 is now 70% off in the ps store until the 26th, should i bite? how's the game currently? i've heard about the game having a steep learning curve but is it still fun, like more fun than ufc 2? i hit division 8 in ufc 2 but it stopped being fun because of the same old clinching and stalling on the ground. i haven't played a ufc game for a while so i'm gonna have a fresh start.
Good question. I'm looking at getting the game, too, but would only be playing offline, so curious how the CPU is in the game?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #588
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Good question. I'm looking at getting the game, too, but would only be playing offline, so curious how the CPU is in the game?
It´s pretty decent against most fighters, but the lack of offline modes just kills it for me.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #589
Rookie

its pretty cheap now. I think its worth the sale price. its a tough one to learn for sure. The standup is nothing like ufc 2, but the ai is much better than ufc 2 in every way possible. When it launched, the AI was literally impossible to beat by pressuring (and you couldn't escape AI subs at all, like literally even another AI couldn't lol) but its evolved significantly since then.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #590
MVP

The game is in a decent place for me. Have played a lot more of UFC 3 than 2 and 1 combined.

Haven't really done my usual paper league business. Usually just chuck on Custom Exhibition and mess around with different matchups vs Pro and Legendary AI.

Can get the better of both AIs so the game is quite easy now but enjoyable. Got the head movement down and my hands can make do with the controller scheme quite well now.

For longevity, a recovery between rounds custom slider would do wonders. Too many fights are ending in RD2 or RD3.

Going to eventually have a dig at career mode.

They patched this game really well since day one. Playing more often than I did when I bought it, although in shorter sessions like 5-10 matchups at most.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:14 AM   #591
MVP

One thing I'm noticing whenever I see a UD3 or EA MMA video (I've never played these) is how stiff and crisp the punches feel and I like it a lot. I feel this is kinda lacking in UFC 3, at least in comparison. It's not awful, jabs can be really stiff in UFC 3, most of the standing strikes too I guess, it's just kinda lacking in comparison. I also seem to like the way damage works in these games. I also saw this gif of Gustafsson piecing up Teixeira (not the KO sequence) and it looks so stiff and crisp, even the forward moving strikes. I also noticed Rob Font I think it was, landing a really stiff forward moving uppercut on Pettis the other day. I wonder if anything can be done to tighten that up (without any major overhauls). I do think the damage and health systems need a change of some sort, but right now I'm talking about the feel part of it. Does anyone share that sentiment in the first place?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 12:44 AM   #592
Rookie

jerseycityarod23's Arena

I like this game, a lot, but man, how is it a 1vs 1 game, where some matches are so lag filled. Lag, is one of the things I hate most in a game, cause you have no control whatsoever at what happens. I don’t undersntd how madden(which I like a lot also) can have 4 people in duos, but the game doesn’t lag as bad. It lags at times, but it’s mostly decent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »