Home

Old 01-25-2018, 01:46 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Parries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I super-duper-trupper disagree with this. It's a total deal breaker in design for a simulation fight game. I can't stress this enough.
I can respect that, and to be completely honest, I don't like that idea at all either. I didn't like the "gamey" sound of the "attempts/limit" approach. I just felt that I would like them back in the game, but I know parries have been a sore spot for many and on a whim I couldn't think of a good way to get them back in while stopping the abuse ya know?

Like I said before, I have never really used it myself, but would like to see the AI use it in career mode. Maybe that's the answer until they come up with something better? Just add it to career mode only?

I'm up for anything, but again... I knew if I created a thread that simply requested they "re-add parries". I could expect to see people coming for me with pitchforks and torches

That said, please get them into this game for Single Player at least. It would really be a big win for me in the authenticity department, and add a bit of (potential) depth.

Last edited by iHazCode; 01-25-2018 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:54 AM   #18
Rookie

Oh I should add, I hope that if they add it for a mode other than career/single player. It is implemented in a way that makes it so you cant just mash on the parry button until the opponent strikes. That's where the stupid "attempts" idea came from in the first place.

Though there must be a better way to prevent people from doing that. At least I'd like to think there would be? Ya know, so they actually have to use skill and tact to pull one off.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:10 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
I don't see the need to limit them as long as they are realistic. Besides avoiding strikes, the only other advantage should be that it doesn't drain your block. I think the parries should have to be properly timed just like they originally were and they can be real useful against combo spam, which I'm sure is gonna be a thing in this game.

We need all the defensive measures we can get, we just don't need them also giving us some random offensive/countering benefits in most cases. I just want different ways to protect myself.
Yeah eating straights all night long even after blocking,using slips and lunges.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:16 AM   #20
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

If they can get a parry system that doesn't feel like a gimmick, then I'm all for it.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:19 AM   #21
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I don't know how they would work with hard combos. Deflect first strike but have the next strikes in the hard combo still come at the same speed somehow?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 02:22 AM   #22
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

I think parries that don’t freeze you in place, only for certain fighters, and take a certain level of skill and timing to pull off would be a nice addition to go along with the vulnerability system.

It could be like the current head movement... where there is a risk/reward to doing it.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:23 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I don't know how they would work with hard combos. Deflect first strike but have the next strikes in the hard combo still come at the same speed somehow?
That was where mind went when I started thinking about it. I think they will eventually re-add it, but I was hoping for a simpler solution that we might be able to see as a patch to this game since the animation already exists. Maybe I'm wrong and they can find a cool way to incorporate it in with the cool new combo system they have.

Though if we could get something as a patch for UFC 3 , even if it only covered leading strikes I'd prefer that over no ability for parry at all if that's all that is possible without dedicating multiple development sprints/cycles to it.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:29 AM   #24
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Oh I should add, I hope that if they add it for a mode other than career/single player. It is implemented in a way that makes it so you cant just mash on the parry button until the opponent strikes. That's where the stupid "attempts" idea came from in the first place.

Though there must be a better way to prevent people from doing that. At least I'd like to think there would be? Ya know, so they actually have to use skill and tact to pull one off.
People just didn't like the counter window and power behind those counters, it was unrealistic. If you want all that back, no offense, but then it doesn't need to come back at all tbh. They won't add a move like that and just put it offline or what-not, that would cause an uproar in the community and fans that do like it but can't use it online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bram
Yeah eating straights all night long even after blocking,using slips and lunges.
Yeah, that's the main reason for it I'd think. People will spam the same combos/jabs all day and if you can start anticipating their continuous combo pattern, you can avoid it without killing your block at least. Maybe it could also take away as much stamina as missed strikes from the opponent too...do missed strikes take more stamina away than blocked strikes?

But it's main purpose would be to help avoid combo spam and another way to evade kicks while not using your block strength.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »