Home

Thoughts after playing through career mode

This is a discussion on Thoughts after playing through career mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2018, 02:51 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts after playing through career mode

I played career mode and basically everything he said is spot on. I’ll still buy the game but after playing it I was wondering if it was worth me spending 65$ on because of the disappointment with career mode.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:52 AM   #18
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Upon a second try, playing heavyweight for the second time I got the exact same rivals, Travis Browne and then Alistair Overeem.

C'mon guys. That's just lazy.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:35 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Gratz!

Do you remember who was your second rival, the one in the UFC?

Also, you said you couldn't defend any submissions, but was that on Career? You also said you won every fight in career, so I guess not, unless you retried fights.
Yeah, I got Browne then Overeem. And yes, I retried any fight I was losing by submission because I felt like it was a cheap loss. If I had been knocked out I'd have not retried, but that never happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMeDrive
So does Career not have any replayability at all? Not even in a different weight class?
It might have. I'll certainly want to replay it on Legendary, and I'll do it at a lighter weight class, or as a female. If you like playing the game against non-online opponents then it's probably worth it whether the mode is super great or not.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:53 AM   #20
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchMeDrive

I've seen a few posts over on Reddit complaining about the Career having huge difficulty spikes later on in your career.
Sounds great! UFC 2 AI was just so damn easy, regardless of difficulty.

Obviously I hope it gets tuned and smoothed out, but for now I'm happy to have a challenge to look forward to.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:10 AM   #21
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Sounds great! UFC 2 AI was just so damn easy, regardless of difficulty.

Obviously I hope it gets tuned and smoothed out, but for now I'm happy to have a challenge to look forward to.
SOUNDS.

SOUNDS great.

It's not in actuality. Trust me. It's rather frustrating once you beat your first rival who's statistically better than you in every way, only to be given more fights with more people who also outmatch you in every way.

I just feel like the starting attributes should be slightly higher, it would prevent this whole issue if you started slightly higher than you do now. The way it is now, by the time you get the UFC you'll either have one really good stat (I had 84 striking and **** everything else) or you'll just be mediocre all over and struggle, having to win with player skill or exploiting AI mechanics. Had me out here getting submissions with my kickboxer just because I'm better at the ground game and I was LITERALLY facing Francis Ngannou with 79 striking and everything else under 75.

Not to mention I also had Travis then Reem as my rivals just like OP, and I played through the damn thing twice. That's ridiculous, makes me hate the inclusion of the rivalry system in the first place. Just let me fight through the ranks, or at least randomize the rivals up. Kills any semblance of replayability when I'm literally doing the same thing I did the first time.

Also taking in to factor what OP said about the game running terribly the longer you play. I had to restart multiple times just to get the thing to work right, making me feel like I was cheesing my way through because I would be quitting mid fight to reset the game so I could actually throw a strike when I wanted to instead of just getting nailed while the game lagged behind.

Last edited by YourFatZebra; 01-26-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 07:24 AM   #22
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
I basically just posted a similar thread, albeit mine was more just complaining.

The progression in career is awful. I'm fighting Ngannou and I don't even have a single stat that's higher than 80. What gives? There's no way I could have possibly trained myself to be comparable by this point.

That is not how **** works in real life. You don't just end up in the UFC and you're still terrible. Just like how I always hated the Madden games making you start off awful. How did I even get to the combine if I'm slow and can't throw? How did I make it to the UFC if I'm slow and can't fight?
Did you face Ngannou when you got to Top 5?

I find levelling up easy, since it’s all simulated and no mini games like past versions. You should have a stat over 80 by the time you face Ngannou unless he was your first rival in the UFC, but even then I think I had some stats over 80...

EDIT: If you get the same rivals all the time then that does in fact suck lol.

My rivals at LHW were: Villante, Jones, Cormier, Miocic

If anyone else has done a LHW career I’d be interested to see who you got and see if they are the same.

Last edited by TheJamesKraus; 01-26-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #23
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
Did you face Ngannou when you got to Top 5?

I find levelling up easy, since it’s all simulated and no mini games like past versions. You should have a stat over 80 by the time you face Ngannou unless he was your first rival in the UFC, but even then I think I had some stats over 80...

EDIT: If you get the same rivals all the time then that does in fact suck lol.

My rivals at LHW were: Villante, Jones, Cormier, Miocic

If anyone else has done a LHW career I’d be interested to see who you got and see if they are the same.
I fought Ngannou ranked 15.
He was like, 12.

I think I might have had one stat that was 80+ it was my striking and it was like, 84. At the cost of everything else being really really low. I don't even know for sure that I had that because I played through twice and got the same opponents in the same order, so I may be thinking of the second play.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:21 AM   #24
Pro

The words in OP's post ring entirely true.

I enjoyed the experience (while it lasted) but it's downright laughable that I got signed to the UFC at a pathetic 3-2 record only to go a respectable 8-2 in the company and got... forced into my retirement for my efforts? I don't mind as the trial's done now, but that's just idiotic. Dump me into the lower leagues or into TUF, but this?

I don't have a problem with the stats starting out so low, as it was the only challenge in EAUFC2's career. However, if career is just over after two losses than I'd like the option to refuse frickin' Ngannou if he comes around early, because I can scoop right there and then.

Subs are indeed an issue, but that's more of a comment about the game in general. I have a sub-based fighter and got submitted despite the stats (stamina, GA, skills) being all in my favor. It's good that it's harder, but I tried several strategies (there's only so much strategies in a simplistic minigame such as this) and none of them worked. Flipping the stick like a demon between two directions seemed like the best way, as waiting for the meter to stall (like a human would) isn't working for me. Against the most average career opponents: if I don't deny the sub, I'm done. I'm not frustrated as I like higher AI difficulty (it was on pro, mind you), but there has to be a way to overcome it (apart from learning the deny directions by heart). In PVP you can play mindgames during the minigame and anticipate, like rock-paper-scissors, but the AI just neutralizes you.

-----------------
Can someone tell me what the requirements for TUF are btw? How low do you have to go? 1-4? 1-5?

Last edited by Blackman316; 01-26-2018 at 08:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »