Home

sound effects at heavyweight, punch ko audio

This is a discussion on sound effects at heavyweight, punch ko audio within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
sound effects at heavyweight, punch ko audio

they still have the clunky impact noises at heavier weight classes and alot of my punch ko's are called "WOWWWW, look at that headkick!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
MVP

Re: sound effects at heavyweight, punch ko audio

As in that super bad audio from the Stipe v Ngannou clip IGN posted? Aw man, that sucks.

That sounded comically awful.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
As in that super bad audio from the Stipe v Ngannou clip IGN posted? Aw man, that sucks.

That sounded comically awful.
I don't remember that clip but I kinda like the sound effects even if they're slightly exaggerated. It makes me feel more immersed in the fight. Seems to do the opposite for most other people tho lol.

I don't really care either way tho. I just remember the thud my speakers would make when I landed a body kick with Barboza. It was awesome.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I don't remember that clip but I kinda like the sound effects even if they're slightly exaggerated. It makes me feel more immersed into the fight. Seems to do the opposite for most other people tho lol.

I don't really care either way tho. I just remember the thud my speakers would make when I landed a body kick with Barboza. It was awesome.
I liked the impact in the beta too, it might be bad at heavyweights because their strikes are "heavier" or something though.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I don't remember that clip but I kinda like the sound effects even if they're slightly exaggerated. It makes me feel more immersed in the fight. Seems to do the opposite for most other people tho lol.

I had no issue with the beta sounds, I liked them if anything.

But check out the IGN clip, it sounds like Indiana Jones sound effects on almost every strike, and its so loud the actual audio clips sound like they're distorting which just makes it sound worse.

Comical thwacks and leathery thumps.. its waaaay over the top.

It's like each weight class has the sound effects turned up 4-8% from the last. So imagine Edsons kick thudding, but about 10x louder when a HW throws it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 04:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I had no issue with the beta sounds, I liked them if anything.

But check out the IGN clip, it sounds like Indiana Jones sound effects on almost every strike, and its so loud the actual audio clips sound like they're distorting which just makes it sound worse.

Comical thwacks and leathery thumps.. its waaaay over the top.

It's like each weight class has the sound effects turned up 4-8% from the last. So imagine Edsons kick thudding, but about 10x louder when a HW throws it.
I want to say it's 99% a bug or an oversight with the build the reviewers got to play at the time and recorded, it doesn't at all feel like a conscious decision to make the sound effects sound like they did.

If i'm wrong and it was decided the sound effects were a good idea, i'll be just as confused and disappointed as all you guys.

If I had to describe the sound effect of someone getting rocked I'd have to call it a "firework-in-the-distance punch"

Last edited by TheVirus; 01-26-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:11 PM   #7
Pro

I'm talking about on the ea access trail. It sounds like someone is hammering a nail into a 2x4 or something when any punch lands. sounds hilarious and totally doesn't fit .
Old 01-26-2018, 05:30 PM   #8
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Tbh I can't really tell from that video whether I dislike it or not. I don't know how it'd feel while playing.

The thing I like about it is you really feel it when a punch lands. It's a reminder that one punch at HW really matters and every time you hear that sound you've got to compose yourself and make sure 1 or 2 more doesn't land.

I understand that the sound itself isn't realistic tho. It does kinda sound like you're smacking someone with a 2 by 4 lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »