Home

With EA Sports UFC 3 just around the corner, the EFC League draft sign ups are open.

This is a discussion on With EA Sports UFC 3 just around the corner, the EFC League draft sign ups are open. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 01:49 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: With EA Sports UFC 3 just around the corner, the EFC League draft sign ups are op

Sounds great
A few questions:
1)am i allowed to pick any fighter, or is there a limitation?
2)how does cards work? Is it possible to create an event mode online and people wait for their turn while seeing others fight? Or do you just fight against your opponent unranked and report the results to someone?
3)is there sort of rankings? Like the ufc where you got champion and contenders? Or is it just everyone vs everyone?
Old 01-27-2018, 02:04 AM   #10
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Re: With EA Sports UFC 3 just around the corner, the EFC League draft sign ups are op

Quote:
Originally Posted by port913
Sounds great
A few questions:
1)am i allowed to pick any fighter, or is there a limitation?
2)how does cards work? Is it possible to create an event mode online and people wait for their turn while seeing others fight? Or do you just fight against your opponent unranked and report the results to someone?
3)is there sort of rankings? Like the ufc where you got champion and contenders? Or is it just everyone vs everyone?
1 - There is a limitation. For the draft, you're allowed three fighters, one each round, as long as they've not been picked already. After that, I believe you get to choose two more if they're not taken. We call them 4ths and 5ths, they're usually not as good as base picks. When competition begins, you are able to trade any of your fighters at any time, providing they're not on more than a two or three win streak.

2 - Cards are every Friday usually, you'll invite your opponent to a Rivalries lobby and set the time and rounds appropriately (always accelerated clock, three rounds for all fights except main events and title fights). There is a results thread where you'll post the outcome of the fight, in text or with a video. Or both. But for the ease of access for things like Advanced Records (a full record of your fighter), text is preferred at the least.

3 - Yes, there is a rankings system. At each side of the screen, you can see the Top 5 for each division. It's structured much like the real thing. So, to your question, yep. We have champions and contenders.

Hope this helped!

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 01-27-2018 at 02:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:24 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
1 - There is a limitation. For the draft, you're allowed three fighters, one each round, as long as they've not been picked already. After that, I believe you get to choose two more if they're not taken. We call them 4ths and 5ths, they're usually not as good as base picks. When competition begins, you are able to trade any of your fighters at any time, providing they're not on more than a two or three win streak.

2 - Cards are every Friday usually, you'll invite your opponent to a Rivalries lobby and set the time and rounds appropriately (always accelerated clock, three rounds for all fights except main events and title fights). There is a results thread where you'll post the outcome of the fight, in text or with a video. Or both. But for the ease of access for things like Advanced Records (a full record of your fighter), text is preferred at the least.

3 - Yes, there is a rankings system. At each side of the screen, you can see the Top 5 for each division. It's structured much like the real thing. So, to your question, yep. We have champions and contenders.

Hope this helped!
What are the round you mentiond?
Also how do i chose a division?
Do i have to stick to one(bantamweight)or as many as i like?
Also what do you mean about switching fighters and win streak?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 02:35 AM   #12
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
What are the round you mentiond?
Also how do i chose a division?
Do i have to stick to one(bantamweight)or as many as i like?
Also what do you mean about switching fighters and win streak?
Three rounds for all fights except main events on cards and title fights. That's all there is to it.

Well you don't choose a division as much as you choose a fighter that's in a division you like.

You can have one fighter per weight class, so every fighter that you pick up will be in a different weight class. You can get one fight per card for each fighter (sometimes two if a match-up is available).

So in EFC you can trade your fighter. Say I see someone is trading Jon Jones. I'll go and put in, say Cormier or maybe GSP (if I have them of course). If they take the offer, I now have Jones, and they have whichever one I offered. Now you can sweeten the deal by throwing in other fighters, sometimes you'll see people trading two or three lower tier fighters for a top tier pick.

I'll take this rule from the site as it explains it a little better than I could.

"You cannot trade on a +2 win streak. This is self explanatory. If you have a guy on +2 and really, really want to trade, let me know. This can be up for discussion. But in general, trading on +2 is not allowed."

Did this help clear it up a bit for ya?
Old 01-27-2018, 03:59 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Three rounds for all fights except main events on cards and title fights. That's all there is to it.

Well you don't choose a division as much as you choose a fighter that's in a division you like.

You can have one fighter per weight class, so every fighter that you pick up will be in a different weight class. You can get one fight per card for each fighter (sometimes two if a match-up is available).

So in EFC you can trade your fighter. Say I see someone is trading Jon Jones. I'll go and put in, say Cormier or maybe GSP (if I have them of course). If they take the offer, I now have Jones, and they have whichever one I offered. Now you can sweeten the deal by throwing in other fighters, sometimes you'll see people trading two or three lower tier fighters for a top tier pick.

I'll take this rule from the site as it explains it a little better than I could.

"You cannot trade on a +2 win streak. This is self explanatory. If you have a guy on +2 and really, really want to trade, let me know. This can be up for discussion. But in general, trading on +2 is not allowed."

Did this help clear it up a bit for ya?
Yes it does! Thank you!
But you would think the best time for you to trade is when your fighter is on a win streak so you can get more fighters for him..... just a thought
Old 01-27-2018, 04:53 AM   #14
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Yes it does! Thank you!
But you would think the best time for you to trade is when your fighter is on a win streak so you can get more fighters for him..... just a thought
Glad it did! No problem!

Ah, so trade value isn’t really determined by win streaks more than it is actual stats. Base Picks are the first three picks that I mentioned, they usually fetch a higher price, so to speak. That’s because they are statistically among the best tier in the game, whereas the lower down you go, stats wise, the less attractive the fighter is going to be for trades (unless they’re a bit of a hidden gem or just work well considering their stats/perks). Plus, trading on +2 or higher is just eliminating potential contenders in most divisions.

Little bit muddy that explanation but I think you get it. If not just say
Old 01-27-2018, 06:01 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Glad it did! No problem!

Ah, so trade value isn’t really determined by win streaks more than it is actual stats. Base Picks are the first three picks that I mentioned, they usually fetch a higher price, so to speak. That’s because they are statistically among the best tier in the game, whereas the lower down you go, stats wise, the less attractive the fighter is going to be for trades (unless they’re a bit of a hidden gem or just work well considering their stats/perks). Plus, trading on +2 or higher is just eliminating potential contenders in most divisions.

Little bit muddy that explanation but I think you get it. If not just say
Got it
But how do you decide who gets which character?
Lets say lightweight where there are about 50 guys(i think?)
Lets say 100 people wanna play lightweight, how do you decide who is mcgregor and diaz, and who is felder or dariush? Of course there will be duplicates, so who are we gonna see more than once? The top guys or the lower ones?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 10:14 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Got it
But how do you decide who gets which character?
Lets say lightweight where there are about 50 guys(i think?)
Lets say 100 people wanna play lightweight, how do you decide who is mcgregor and diaz, and who is felder or dariush? Of course there will be duplicates, so who are we gonna see more than once? The top guys or the lower ones?
Hey bud, you should swing by the EFC Chat on the site. Itd be much easier to talk it all out in realtime.

To answer you though, there are no Mirror Matches. Meaning, two guys can't have Nate, or Khabib, etc. You won't see a Conor vs Conor fight.

Swing by the Chat man and it'll be much better! Also, I'd you haven't done so already and want to, sign up for the Draft today!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »