Home

In the attempt to fix mount you've now made it more powerful than ever.

This is a discussion on In the attempt to fix mount you've now made it more powerful than ever. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2018, 01:30 PM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: In the attempt to fix mount you've now made it more powerful than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
My post is a direct quote (with two changed words) from a post Daisuk made on the first page of this thread. It was a joke, and really has nothing to do with Kinetic.
Ok, got it.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:33 PM   #50
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Plus to your point OP. If you didn't have stamina you shouldn't be getting out, that's kind of the point of risk/reward.

Back mount needs to be significantly beefed up, but if you get put into mount you should feel lucky to survive the round. It shouldn't be an annoyance, but you should be like "Oh **** I'm mounted , it's over!". Then the couple times you survive it will feel like an accomplishment.

Sorry that's my two cents anyways.
How often do you see guys get GnP finished in full mount if they weren't hurt previously now? Not a lot. Full mount shouldn't be an automatic death sentence at all. Quite a few fighters don't even really like taking full mount. Happier to sit in half guard. If a guy like Rockhold or Lee mounts you.... you should be pretty terrified. Not the case for everyone though.

Full mount was too powerful in UFC 2. Most finishes you see from full mount are because the guy was hurt on the feet prior.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:04 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
How often do you see guys get GnP finished in full mount if they weren't hurt previously now? Not a lot. Full mount shouldn't be an automatic death sentence at all. Quite a few fighters don't even really like taking full mount. Happier to sit in half guard. If a guy like Rockhold or Lee mounts you.... you should be pretty terrified. Not the case for everyone though.

Full mount was too powerful in UFC 2. Most finishes you see from full mount are because the guy was hurt on the feet prior.
I think you don't see the same results compared to real life because getting to full mount is much harder in real life than it is in the game. Fighters on the bottom know how much of a problem it can be so they do their best to make sure their opponent doesn't get full mount, many times even giving up their back as they feel they can defend that better than mount.

There has to be a at least one dominant position that is harder to get out of and more dangerous than all of the others or the entire ground game becomes a farce where everything is nerfed, underpowered, and not worth going for
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 02:08 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
I think you don't see the same results compared to real life because getting to full mount is much harder in real life than it is in the game. Fighters on the bottom know how much of a problem it can be so they do their best to make sure their opponent doesn't get full mount, many times even giving up their back as they feel they can defend that better than mount.

There has to be a at least one dominant position that is harder to get out of and more dangerous than all of the others or the entire ground game becomes a farce where everything is nerfed, underpowered, and not worth going for
There is. It's called crucifix. That is the official most dangerous position according to EA and reality.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:15 PM   #53
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Why because one dude who is a game changer and internalizes the whole “best in the world” gimmick thinks mount is too easy to escape? Get real. It’s hilarious how you have quotes saved from me too. I love my fanboys.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Well for one, you tried mounting me just the other night on my alternate account and I got out, then mount koed you later in the fight because you weren’t escaping properly.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:16 PM   #54
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok

Most ground finishes are submissions or GnP finishes after someone is hurt though. That's just how it is. GnP finishes happen but they're pretty rare these days. Often times an arm has to be trapped for them to get the finish.

Fighters have more control in half guard so a lot of them don't even go for the mount. It's not just that they can't get the position. Postured up full mount is normally escaped.

And giving their back is literally moving out of the position so I don't think that supports your argument. Back mount should be a position that is utilised more in the game and by the sounds of what some people are saying... It will be.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:17 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
There is. It's called crucifix. That is the official most dangerous position according to EA and reality.
True, I was going to mention that as well, though I think mount should be a slightly more prevalent/less dangerous position that is part of the entire ground progression.

Is crucifix available to all fighters in UFC 3? I don't think it was in UFC 2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2018, 02:18 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Well for one, you tried mounting me just the other night on my alternate account and I got out, then mount koed you later in the fight because you weren’t escaping properly.
You definitely didn't because you have an unmistakable style. I've fought you twice on two different accounts (which you wouldn't know) and both times you came forward throwing combos. On my third that I reached #1 with I never fought anyone that did that. I think I have three losses on that account one of them was a mount KO, but I was tooling that guy on the feet so I know it wasn't you.

Edit: And either way what you just said has no bearing on anything. Even if what you said happened, it does nothing to prove your point. In no way shape or form did I say mount was IMPOSSIBLE to escape from. You're just trying to flex and discredit my argument by saying you beat me.

Last edited by RetractedMonkey; 01-28-2018 at 02:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »