Home

EA UFC Missing/Wrong Moveset or Perk Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Missing/Wrong Moveset or Perk Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 01:07 PM   #65
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Missing/Wrong Moveset or Perk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
First, this isnt the ratings thread, guys. Lets create one and move these discussions there.

Second, Diaz is 4th in Sub O only behind Maia, Nelson and Cerrone in WW. Bottom game he is 2nd behind Maia. He has the best chin strength at WW. He also has the biggest heart rating.

His striking is actually pretty good given that he has the lowest you can get in switch stance.

Bottom line is: STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO THE OVR. They mean nothing and dont give an accurate account of the in game fighter.
TY... I love you. Music to my ears. Btw... pls add that the straight and jab animations he has needs to be changed. The jab should be the jab Barboza has. Not sure on the straight as I haven't looked into the different ones.

I'm done judging the overalls btw lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 01:18 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Bro. I'm mad.

First of all... Gomi was the number 1 ranked LW in the world when he beat him and is also a big puncher. Zaromskis was a hard hitter also.

Nick would beat Lawler in 2018. I'd bet you a lot on that. Lawler is a fighter. Nick is a fighter. Nick does not lose those kind of fights. Lawler can't box with Nick. Nick is a better boxer than Nate. People have just forgotten about Nick. He gets the better of every opponent when he boxes in MMA. Genuinely puts in good sessions with Andre Ward. Kicks and wrestling are what gets him.

KJ noons was also a big win at the time. I also believe he won the Condit fight... but whatever. Fickett was also a real big win.

And actually if you look at Condit's record you'll find he hasn't got the biggest names on his resume either. Rory, Hardy, Kampmann, Nick (1,2,5 Diaz tho). Everyone is fine with him having a real high striking rating tho.

Here's the thing tho... As I said... Nick shouldn't be too highly rated. He should just have the best boxing in the division (yes, the best). Def not in terms of speed and power, however. That said, his punches come relatively fast because there is not much wind up. Should have good BJJ off his back. Stamina, toughness, and chin rating should be high. I'd personally have his striking rating a little higher if 90 is average but I can live with 89 if the other things are right.
Honestly bro, I don't care too much about Diaz, I just enjoy messing with people when I figure out they're a big fan of a fighter, I did it to Haz in another thread when Anderson came up. I do disagree with your assessment of how Diaz should be rated, I just took it a little farther to be annoying.

The major reason I don't want Nick to be particularly highly rated is because he hasn't shown the ability to beat world class fighters in almost 7 years. Like, Max Holloway was 19 the last time Nick Diaz won a fight, we have no ability to say how he would stack up to modern welterweights because he hasn't fought any of them and I'm not sure I'd pick him over any ranked welterweight. But I understand that this is a philosophical difference on how ratings should be done. And we've had the conversation about reverse engineering stats from overalls before, I think that's backwards and why we ended up with things like McGregor's top game in 2.

Also, Nick never beat Gomi, that fights a No-Contest :P

But seriously, I'm done with this discussion because it's not the purpose of this thread.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:23 PM   #67
Rookie

Moves are fine. So much more moves than last year, so there isn't much to complain about.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:26 PM   #68
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

This thread started off with great intentions, but is really hard to follow with too much arguing to make any effective change.

I kind of want to re-boot it with some clear rules and mod enforcement.

My proposal, only 1 style of post allowed to this thread. Everything else gets deleted.

Post a gif of the fighter in question doing the move that you want added to his move set.

That's it.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #69
MVP

Lyoto Machida Blitz (same / similar to Wonderboy)

Vitor Belfort Blitz (same / similar to Wonderboy)

Anderson Silva (switch stance similar to TJ?)

Nick Diaz (Gaethje Block)

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 01-29-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #70
Pro

Nate Diaz flying kimura level 1. Attempted multiple times in the Clay Guida fight. Not gif savy to post one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #71
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
DC having a super man punch has got to go. lol 👎🏻
I'd like DC's superman punch added.

Oh no, wait...it's already in the game.

Disregard.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #72
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Nick should have complex boxing combinations and arguably all of them. They should be high level. I've heard there are a few absent from his character in the game and I'm not sure why that is. He throws all kinds of different body/head combos in fights.

The "what bitch?" taunt is essential. But seriously, would be cool.

His jabs and straights are not thrown the way Nate throws them. He uses far less torque in body movement. His head doesn't go with the straight punches like Nate.

Here's Nate -

They got this very right in game for Nate. Problem is it's nothing like Nick. The opposite almost.

Here's Nick throwing straight punches -

Officially done with Nick Diaz... But here's the evidence to support what I've been saying.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 01-29-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »