Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 08:49 PM   #73
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

If increasing the stamina slider affects the cpu ai from the BEGINNING of the 1st round then yes , thats great news. But what i am worried about and what i have seen from gameplay with raised stamina slider is that in round 1 , the cpu still goes all out, depletes their stamina and THEN adjust and strike less.

But by this point, the user already is ahead of the stamina “8 ball” and has a clear advantage moving forward making the match easier artificially.

Just do a single test only for round 1. Fight against an agressive cpu opponenent using the same user player and same cpu player and play round 1 first with default stamina slider and then play another round 1 with stamina upped 5 clicks and check the strike output.

If both round 1 yields roughly the same amount of strikes, the cpu is not cognizant of the stamina slider and will only adjust when they are tired.

If after round 1 the cpu strikes are significantly different like going from 85 to 55, then we know the cpu is cognizant of the new stamina slider. It’s a simple test and hopefully some of you can do this and show me some concrete stats.

That is why an ai output slider is needed so we can adjust cpu aggression and make the fights more realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 02-01-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
So, Hard setting....with everything on default, except STAMINA RECOVERY OFF, and STAMINA COST turned up? I'll give it a try.

Like, 15 clicks instead of 10?

Also, should I do this to both myself and AI? Or just the AI?

Definitely do it for both you and the AI. I would recommend stamina recovery on but that’s just my opinion so that it doesn’t get too unrealistic in later rounds. And I have it on 13/14 clicks as well and have found it satisfying. (I would also adjust the grappling ones but that’s just me)
Old 02-01-2018, 08:52 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
If increasing the stamina slider affects the cpu ai from the BEGINNING of the 1st round then yes , thats great news. But what i am worried about and what i have seen from gameplay with raised stamina slider is that in round 1 , the cpu still goes all out, depletes their stamina and THEN adjust and strike less.

But by this point, the user already is ahead of the stamina “8 ball” and has a clear advantage moving forward making the match easier artificially.

Just do a single test only for round 1. Fight against an agressive cpu opponenent using the same user player and same cpu player and play round 1 first with default stamina slider and then play another round 1 with stamina upped 5 clicks and check the strike output.

If both round 1 yields roughly the same amount of strikes, the cpu is not cognizant of the stamina slider and will only adjust when they are tired.

If after round 1 the cpu strikes are significantly different like going from 85 to 55, then we know the cpu is cognizant of the new stamina slider. It’s a simple test and hopefully some of you can do this and show me some concrete stats.

That is why an ai output slider is needed so we can adjust cpu aggression and make the fights more realistic.

In response to this I have noticed a difference in output from adjusting the stamina slider up. Multiple styles of fighter have decreased their strike output. I am not saying this is 100% true for every fighter but there is definitely a noticeable difference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #76
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
In response to this I have noticed a difference in output from adjusting the stamina slider up. Multiple styles of fighter have decreased their strike output. I am not saying this is 100% true for every fighter but there is definitely a noticeable difference

Can you do that test i mentioned and report your round 1 cpu ai strike output? Use acc clock and see if there is a difference

Thanks

Old 02-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Can you do that test i mentioned and report your round 1 cpu ai strike output? Use acc clock and see if there is a difference

Thanks

Yeah no problem I’ll run that tonight when I get home from work. Any specific fighters you want me to test specifically? Do you want to see it specifically with more aggressive fighters or I can do it a few times with random fighters
Old 02-01-2018, 09:47 PM   #78
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

You can test with aggressive fighters and then test with medium fighters just please do it twice: once with default stamina and record the amount of cpu strikes in round 1 and then do one with stamina bumped up 5 with the same fighters and record cpu ai strikes amount in round 1 and compare

Then do another test with another set of fighters.

Thanks alot for doing this....it would really show how the cpu ai reacts to the stamina slider changes

Old 02-01-2018, 09:56 PM   #79
Pro

Quote:
You can test with aggressive fighters and then test with medium fighters just please do it twice: once with default stamina and record the amount of cpu strikes in round 1 and then do one with stamina bumped up 5 with the same fighters and record cpu ai strikes amount in round 1 and compare

Then do another test with another set of fighters.

Thanks alot for doing this....it would really show how the cpu ai reacts to the stamina slider changes

No problem. Two tests, 1 round only, stamina at default and then up 5 clicks. I’ll run a couple tests and get back to you either late tonight or tomorrow morning
Old 02-01-2018, 10:16 PM   #80
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
No problem. Two tests, 1 round only, stamina at default and then up 5 clicks. I’ll run a couple tests and get back to you either late tonight or tomorrow morning

Thanks a lot.....looking forward to your results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »