Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
I've actually had the opposite experience. In career mode I would just shoot for a takedown and get it with almost no struggle. I'd say I managed to get 7/10 takedowns I went for, and I was playing on pro. I wasn't even setting them up. Perhaps this was just down to me making sure that I improved my takedown stat as often as I could. I maxed it out fairly early.
Thats was probably more because of stats.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Will the sliders be in the final version of the game, too, or is this pre release stuff only?
Old 01-27-2018, 06:04 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonVegaSuarez
Will the sliders be in the final version of the game, too, or is this pre release stuff only?
They're in the final. I've seen Millennium show them in his stream which is a full, non-limited copy.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:16 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Ive been able to pull of takedowns against the AI on Pro and Hard. You have to set them up this year though.
But you can't really set up shoots at all, clinch TDs are fine, and you can set them up well.

But the only time I could do something I'd consider a setup is shooting naked after an opponent whiffs a kick, trying to hide a TD behind a pumping jab or level change just gives you that awkward lack of response.

What kinda setups have you been having success with? For shoot TDs.

That said, I got the Pro and Legendary AI down probably.. six times per ten naked shots, so I wouldn't call the AI too good and denying TDs, in the beta, anyway.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:43 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
But you can't really set up shoots at all, clinch TDs are fine, and you can set them up well.

But the only time I could do something I'd consider a setup is shooting naked after an opponent whiffs a kick, trying to hide a TD behind a pumping jab or level change just gives you that awkward lack of response.

What kinda setups have you been having success with? For shoot TDs.

That said, I got the Pro and Legendary AI down probably.. six times per ten naked shots, so I wouldn't call the AI too good and denying TDs, in the beta, anyway.
You actually can setup takedowns against the AI. You gave an example of one. Shooting for a takedown after a blocked or whiffed kick. That has happened several times for me on pro.

The other is after significant hit reactions (not rocks).

You are absolutely right that it doesnt chain as smoothly as it should but like you said I wouldnt exactly call it hard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 08:52 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You actually can setup takedowns against the AI. You gave an example of one. Shooting for a takedown after a blocked or whiffed kick. That has happened several times for me on pro.

The other is after significant hit reactions (not rocks).

You are absolutely right that it doesnt chain as smoothly as it should but like you said I wouldnt exactly call it hard.
Ah. Cool cool, so I've been doing it right haha.

I do hope they work on adding hard combo TD setups and tightening up the transition from striking to grappling, and from the sounds of some of GPDs posts. They're both aware of the issues, and working on them, so I'm happy.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #23
Rookie

In CUSTOM MODE when you set sliders where you want them do they stay saved or you have to set them for every individual fight ?
Old 01-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
In CUSTOM MODE when you set sliders where you want them do they stay saved or you have to set them for every individual fight ?

They save to your profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »