Home

Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

This is a discussion on Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Fighter AI Realism vs Difficulty

Tune down AI takedown spams, I played against Rashad on normal and made 26 takedown attempts by Round 4 @Skynet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 09:21 PM   #42
MVP

So after a good 15 hours split between Pro and Normal AI. I have a few things to contribute.

Normal AI:
* Surprisingly well paced, quite fun, AI only checks 65% of leg kicks roughly, can still light you up on the feet.

*Occasionally just stops blocking or engaging when in close quarters, and will eat up to 6-8 strikes or a KD before starting to engage again, is very jarring.

*Makes the occasional human error you can capitalise on.

*Aggressive AI types are a little too strike happy straight out the gate, after KDs and when gassed, example, Holloway throws Cartwheel kicks regularly fully gassed, also applies to Pro AI.

Pro AI:
*Ungodly ability to check leg kicks.

*Defence is otherwise quite good, fun to fight against.

*AI will capitalize on your mistakes regularly.

*AI rarely if ever makes mistakes of its own.

*Better on the ground than other difficulties, can be very effective on top, not so good off the back (or I've just put WAY to much time into grappling)

*AI output and pace on conservative fighters can be damn impressive on pro, I've had Woodly throw 65 strikes in 5 minutes on pro.
This doesn't quote apply to aggressive fighters. Who can go a bit overboard.

Overall. I am VERRRRY impressed and can't wait to see where the AI goes from here.
Thankyou Skynet and Team!
Old 01-31-2018, 12:08 AM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

For the first few days, I played on hard and saw the same ai tendencies as I did on pro. The only difference is on pro the combos are better and the ai is better at defending strikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-31-2018, 01:04 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
For the first few days, I played on hard and saw the same ai tendencies as I did on pro. The only difference is on pro the combos are better and the ai is better at defending strikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oooh thanks for mentioning this, I haven't really tried hard out yet, I've mainly been playing Pro, which I enjoy, but I wouldn't mind being able to land the odd leg kick and see fewer large combos, I'll check it out.

Do you know if AI tweaks (like lowering check % for example) something that can be done through tuners or requires a full patch?
Old 01-31-2018, 04:57 AM   #45
Rookie

I get my *** beat on pro by good AI fighters like Woodley. Mostly because my own defense still sucks. It will get better. Playing on hard for now. On the ground I never had a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 09:00 AM   #46
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Oooh thanks for mentioning this, I haven't really tried hard out yet, I've mainly been playing Pro, which I enjoy, but I wouldn't mind being able to land the odd leg kick and see fewer large combos, I'll check it out.

Do you know if AI tweaks (like lowering check % for example) something that can be done through tuners or requires a full patch?
Likely a patch but there are some changes I think Skynet can do through live update.

Last edited by aholbert32; 01-31-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:40 PM   #47
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27

This one is a bit heftier than tuners can handle, since it requires a logic change specific to legs. The change is already in, so should be coming in the next major patch.

Sadly, leg checks will remain a bit crazy until then. My apologies.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:15 PM   #48
Rookie

The main issue I encountered through my play yesterday was over-aggression from the A.I. (constantly moving forward into the pocket) on Normal mode. I didn't experience this on other modes. An example is playing as Jose Aldo against Frankie Edgar, and Conor against Michael Johnson; both Edgar and Johnson on Normal were constantly walking me down and staying glued to me in the pocket. On Pro difficulty, both of them completely changed up their styles, fighting off the backfoot, countering, throwing combinations, etc..

I see other people on this forum mentioning this issue on other difficulties as well, so I'm not sure what the issue is, if it's a bug, or due to playstyle or what. I'll keep playing and testing it out.

Playing on Hard difficulty gave me an experience closer to 'Pro', with the AI retaining much of it's tendencies from the Pro difficulty, but less difficult to deal with.

On Pro difficulty the A.I. is hyper-intelligent, dynamic, and makes few mistakes. I personally find it too difficult. The AI almost consistently predicts your attacks and punishes you badly for it.

Ideally, I'd like to see all the AI styles shown through at all difficulties above Easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »