Home

Ideas for using rest of controller buttons?

This is a discussion on Ideas for using rest of controller buttons? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ideas for using rest of controller buttons?

If they decided to go with only 1 (rotating) taunt button on the DPAD. Also leveraging R3, and even the back button. What kind of things would you like to see implmemented with these extra buttons?

For me I'd like to see a way to implement parries (minus the cheese) and hand fighting. Anderson Silva without his famous hand fighting is just hard to look at.

Also a button that allows you to trade stamina for "struggle" when in positions like bottom mount. By that I mean when holding this button plus directions on the joystick your fighter will move/struggle try to slap away or hold the opponents arms to prevent them from striking. This mechanic could also work in the clinch and a number of other areas as well.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to use up the rest of the un-used potential these controllers have?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 06:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ideas for using rest of controller buttons?

Would like some kind of modifier for quick/power strike just like FNC. Every strike would have a quick/power modifier. I miss being able to throw a flicking jab into a snapping jab. This would further add to the depth of different techniques and unique fighting styles they already have. They really need to incorporating the Fight Night EA MMA TSC control scheme. Best way to be as efficient as possible with control mapping
Old 01-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #3
MVP

Mqybe holding a button for longer could do a more powerful strike.

Havong our own control mapping would be good, as I absolutely hate the button layout for uppercuts.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
Rookie

I really feel like there’s so many ways they could be so much more efficient with the layout for more varied inputs but then people would complain it’s over complicated.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:48 PM   #5
Rookie

I love both of those modifier ideas, hopefully EA is thinking about things like this.

It can be complicated, but it's like NBA2k. There are TONS of buttons, techniques and combinations, but you can do just fine with only the basics. All the other buttons just add depth after you master the basics.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »