Home

Too many health events/ rocks

This is a discussion on Too many health events/ rocks within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 05:23 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Too many health events/ rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
At what point did Diaz curl up in the fetal position in that fight? Not wanting to jump into someones guard is very different to not jumping on a dude who's flat on his back or curled up in a ball.

And my point is that complaining about this fight not being stopped, while opportunities to finish it were being passed up regularly is absurd to me. That fight wasn't stopped because Masvidal didn't finish it. Like, clean knockouts are possible, and there very well might be a dude who can survive 25 rocks if the guy he's fighting lets him, which is what happened in that fight to me.
The diaz example was just about conor behavior, not what really happend
I guess i cant get my point across and i dont see a point in fighting about it so i will just say this: if you get cracked hard enough for your legs to not be there completly, your hurt , and quite badly. I never seen a guy survive such a thing for 25 times. Mma, boxing,kickboxing,you name it
Hell take a guy in a lab and rock him just once every minute, he wouldnt be able to take it 25 times, guaranted, you simply dont recover so fast for so many times
If there is an example of a guy that survived so many times, show me, and i will never bring it up again. I just dont think this example exist
Old 01-27-2018, 05:25 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I think this is a very fair critique.

I feel the same, that the number of rocks in the game matches real life quite realistically.

The visual severity being the same across the board does not.

What are your thoughts on long-term sustained rocks? I understand that the long-term damage is intended to simulate these, but Joe Rogan will often say something along the line of "His opponent got rocked bad at the end of the round, lets see if hes aggressive at the start of the round to not let him recover"

I don't think we have a way of simulating that just yet except via the long-term damage+chin break, I guess it would be gamebreaking.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:27 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by port913
The diaz example was just about conor behavior, not what really happend
I guess i cant get my point across and i dont see a point in fighting about it so i will just say this: if you get cracked hard enough for your legs to not be there completly, your hurt , and quite badly. I never seen a guy survive such a thing for 25 times. Mma, boxing,kickboxing,you name it
Hell take a guy in a lab and rock him just once every minute, he wouldnt be able to take it 25 times, guaranted, you simply dont recover so fast for so many times
If there is an example of a guy that survived so many times, show me, and i will never bring it up again. I just dont think this example exist
I'm pretty sure they will die before they get up 25 times
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 05:39 PM   #52
MVP

Adding a longer health event solves this issue
Old 01-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #53
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Adding a longer health event solves this issue
There are very long health events. You just have to earn them by dealing a big enough blow.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There are very long health events. You just have to earn them by dealing a big enough blow.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
I noticed that today, i just mean i slightly longer one and having them more frequent due to rocks happening in quick succession, and maybe a major stsmima drain after uou get rocked.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:13 PM   #55
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
At what point did Diaz curl up in the fetal position in that fight? Not wanting to jump into someones guard is very different to not jumping on a dude who's flat on his back or curled up in a ball.

And my point is that complaining about this fight not being stopped, while opportunities to finish it were being passed up regularly is absurd to me. That fight wasn't stopped because Masvidal didn't finish it. Like, clean knockouts are possible, and there very well might be a dude who can survive 25 rocks if the guy he's fighting lets him, which is what happened in that fight to me.

Edit: And to talk more about that specific example fight, the Masvidal player stops throwing as soon as Diaz blocks half the time. I don't understand how you can watch that fight, see how the guy is playing and then think there's some massive issue with rocks/health system.
I've watched a bunch of that guys fights and somehow even though he's laying the beating on his opponent his stamina is somehow way lower. So I think that's why he lays off on some of those health events
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #56
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by port913
So i decided to count the health events in the masvidal diaz fight:
Total health events:26!!!
Rocks:18
Active knockdown:1
Knockdown:6
Ko:1

You cant look at this number and say there is no problem.
https://youtu.be/XJBv_C4izqU here is the link, first fight

If you play like this player, you should get KOd in the endindg of the first, maybe begining of the second
I dont have a problem with how the rocks work, and at the end of the beta i had fights with hardly any rocks,however it doesnt mean that you need to give this mich damage to stop a ******* player
Since you know how to post YouTube links here if you have time that sane guy has a fight using Gaethje. Completely different issue but his permanent stamina yo yo's all over the place despite him fighting somewhat conservatively. Definitely seemed like a glitch if you find the fight I mean

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »