Home

Help me get better with side lean counters.

This is a discussion on Help me get better with side lean counters. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Help me get better with side lean counters.

I am getting the hang of this game and I’m fairly certain I’ve got a strong understanding of most of the new mechanics except side leans and their counters. Ducking is fine. I can crack the counter uppercut most of the time, but most of my losses have come from getting repeatedly cracked with side lean counters.

I’ve had much better success now that I’ve stopped moving when throwing the counter hook, but even if I pick the right side sometimes I’ll get cracked. And with the counters in this game if you get hit twice while exposed it’s almost always a rock. That starts a chain of events where I get rocked three times and now I can’t even trade shots because they have such a significant health advantage.

I also have an issue with the uppercut - uppercut off a lean counter that most people have realized is the best counter combo. It’s much more devastating than an uppercut - hook counter (my preferred). No one throws two uppercuts in a row. The classic combination is an uppercut to bump the head up high for the hook to knock off the head. It should be more powerful than a combo no one is using in real life.

Tl;dr: What do you do to stop and counter when you know counter side leans are coming and especially when they throw an uppercut - uppercut combination?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: Help me get better with side lean counters.

I would suggest prioritizing ducking specially from mid range. Use side leans when you opponent is throw a healthy about of uppers. Head kicks are a b**** against side leans. They're better up close, when head kicks can't reach your head and the opponent has the range for uppers.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Best thing to do is movement and sway back. If they like to side lean counter, time a back sway and counter but make sure you're out of their range when you do it. Like Solid said, head kicks can really mess up side leaners. If you don't have space to move then just block and reset. If you just stand in front of them you're risking getting countered yourself.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I would suggest prioritizing ducking specially from mid range. Use side leans when you opponent is throw a healthy about of uppers. Head kicks are a b**** against side leans. They're better up close, when head kicks can't reach your head and the opponent has the range for uppers.

That’s a good tip with the head kicks. Maybe try an overhand from distance but I could also get slapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-27-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

I'd say aswell lean to the outside of their lead hand and then throw the lead hook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I'd say aswell lean to the outside of their lead hand and then throw the lead hook.
Try that a lot. It always ends with me getting clocked.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:25 PM   #7
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Try that a lot. It always ends with me getting clocked.
Always ends up with me clocking them lol.

I feel like most of it is just instinct, to me anyway.

Although it sounds weird because its a ****ing video game, but yeah.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:27 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
Always ends up with me clocking them lol.

I feel like most of it is just instinct, to me anyway.

Although it sounds weird because its a ****ing video game, but yeah.
I've found that just avoiding the pocket entirely has been working for the most part. If the fighter has knees, I will put one in their gut but other than that I wait till they lean and then I'll close distance and counter. It's often not effective but at least I don't get clobbered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »