Home

GPD is there any chance of seated cage position being added?

This is a discussion on GPD is there any chance of seated cage position being added? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2018, 06:31 PM   #9
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GPD is there any chance of seated cage position being added?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Agreed.

I admire what they've done, but this strategy of working on one aspect of the fight every 24 months is not going to be sustainable. 2.5 years ago everyone was like "whoa this ground game is SO amazing", but now that the honey moon is over people want it retooled. Sadly I think the same will happen with striking eventually too.

Hopefully they can take a more holistic approach or move the release iteration to a 12 month cycle. UFC 2019 please.
12 month cycle might be doable, since UFC 3 is really the first game that they can build upon. If not UFC 4 then UFC 5 if the license gets renewed.

In any case, UFC 4 should knock it out of the park if we continue this trend of improvement (I think they'll be able to use that time in more areas now since the two main fighting systems have been improved dramatically). I'm fine going through another 2 year cycle this time though, since the striking is SOOOO much better.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #10
Pro

This definitely. Another thing that should be added is the ability to block on the ground for both DOM and SUB fighters. EA MMA had this so why remove this option? I get it, it's a new system since UFC 2, but not having the option to block on positions like full/half guard, side control, mount for both fighters either postured up or not looks a little dumb. If you're eating shots to the face on the ground common sense would be to put your hands up and try to avoid damage right? We shouldn't have to transition in order to try to avoid damage we should be able to do what any mma fighter would do in these situations which is "cover up." I brought this up before, but not having the ability to block on the ground in a mma game just looks silly. This should have been in the first game or at least second, it's the third and we still don't have this. The game in the stand up really does shine, but things like this make the ground game look unrealistic, not as entertaining as it should be, and sometimes just awkward. I really hope something can be done about this in maybe a future patch. I love the game but as I said things like this just kill immersion.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:52 PM   #11
Pro

I would agree seated cage positions are a must, but TBH I thought I seen wall walking done in a few of my fights without the seated cage positions, to go to over/under hooks.

But yes this would be awesome the Devs I'm pretty sure are aware of this I've made alot of noise about it in many threads and even posted these clips as examples.

It would take some work to add such positions though, it would need new strikes, new transitions, new reversals, new block animations, new Submission reversals, new deny animations, added to every fighter on the roster, stat, perk, stamina, and damage adjustments, and probably much more that we aren't aware of.

We can only hope we get such positions added to the game.

Cage Takedown To Seated Cage Guard
Spoiler

Cage Double Underhooks Transitions To Standing Double Leg Or Single Leg Cage Positions

Spoiler

Seated Cage Half Guard To Underhooks
Spoiler

Seated Cage Half Guard To Standing
Spoiler

Seated Cage Half Guard Offense
Spoiler

Seated Cage Guard To Underhooks
Spoiler

Seated Cage Guard To Standing
Spoiler

Cage Guard Offense
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 12:15 AM   #12
Pro

These new Cage Position's in EA UFC 3 need to happen more frequently as well, and actually needs to be a position that remains just as the other cage positions do. If they could make it so this position's can also go into a seated cage position it would make cage play mechanics have more depth.

EA UFC 3 Double Leg Cage Positions

Spoiler

EA UFC 3 Single Leg Position
Spoiler

And why not add Ground Crawling as a means of defense on the ground as well, that way you aren't forced to get up right in front of a opponent who just dropped you with a leg kick rocked event.

This would at least give the bottom fighter a chance to get some distance instead of being forced to get up, and get put right back down. I would rather they add this then to tweak the power of leg kicks.

Ground Game Bottom Locomotion VS Standing Opponent

Spoiler
Old 01-30-2018, 02:05 AM   #13
Rookie

We all been asking about this since ufc 1
Old 01-30-2018, 08:07 AM   #14
Rookie

I don't really understand how this isn't in the games yet.

UFC Undisputed 3 basically set the template for a quality fighting game. Why can't EA just start there? We should, by now, have a UFC game with ALL of the features of Undisputed 3 plus EA's own magic.

The games are getting better each time but to be on the 3rd one and still not have caged grappling positions is bizzare considering a game that game out 6 years ago had them, and people have been asking for them since the first EA game.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:20 AM   #15
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

It’s badly needed along with fight finishes

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #16
Rookie

The lack of gamedev interactions with these grappling-related threads is concerning.

I don’t think I’ve seen them respond to anything grappling related other than saying they are working on takedown inputs being incorporated with strikes.

Would feel better knowing they are aware that the community wants more depth added to the game’s grappling mechanics.

We love the new takedown against the cage animations and want more like it. Personally, I would love to see depth (and developer attention) added to takedowns, the clinch, and grappling on the feet in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »