Home

EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials

They have similar threads on OS for Madden, 2K and other sports games and I've always found them helpful. This thread will be for everyone to post any tips, help with gameplay mechanics, fight strategies, controls, and anything that will be helpful to the community. The more the community understands how the game works, the better fights we will have.

I'll start off with a few things and continue to post as I spend more time with the game:

- Dipping before shooting for a TD gives you more Grapple Advantage and makes the TD easier to land. If you go into practice mode or any offline/quick fight, you will see the GA meter go all the way in your favor when you dip.

- Shooting for a TD after a missed kick also gives you a lot of GA which makes TDs easier

- If someone is throwing a lot of hooks, you want to dip instead of slip left to right. If they are spamming uppercuts, slip left/right then counter.

- If someone is dipping alot, catch them with uppercuts....the damage will be more. If they are slipping left to right alot.....catch them with hooks or head kicks to that side.

- You can throw a sidestep hook by flicking the left stick up or down and then throwing a hook. It's pretty useful from what i've seen so far because it helps evade counter strikes.

- Working the body drains your opponent's stamina and is a good way to slow down aggressive opponents

- If your opponent is spamming leg kicks, check them. After about 2 or 3 checks, they will get a health event on their legs

- The higher your striking level(Boxing, Kickboxing, MT) the faster and more effective the combos will be. You will also have access to more combos the higher your level is.

That's all i can think of for now. I'm not much of a grappler so if anyone could post more grappling tips that would be good. Will post more as i learn new things.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials

Anyone got any tips to defend against hooks coming in rapid succession from both sides... no matter which way I sway/lean I always get cracked.

Edit - Even if I duck I still get caught :S
Old 01-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
Anyone got any tips to defend against hooks coming in rapid succession from both sides... no matter which way I sway/lean I always get cracked.

Edit - Even if I duck I still get caught :S

You have to preemptively duck. Anticipate the hooks, duck, rear uppercut, hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-29-2018, 02:55 PM   #4
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
You have to preemptively duck. Anticipate the hooks, duck, rear uppercut, hook.

It only started happening today. I felt like no matter what, I was always beaten to the punch :S

What I was doing in the beta was catching the shot(s) on my block, and then ducking out of the way... is that wrong? Should I just go straight up Matrix Silva on them lol
Old 01-29-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
It only started happening today. I felt like no matter what, I was always beaten to the punch :S

What I was doing in the beta was catching the shot(s) on my block, and then ducking out of the way... is that wrong? Should I just go straight up Matrix Silva on them lol

You can still catch on the guard first but it’s not as reliable.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

Quote:

If they are dipping/swaying before throwing the hook, then blocking the strike would work. This is one of the changes they made from the beta.

If guys come in dipping/swaying to initiate offense and you block their first strike, they are opened up more for counters and more damage so you can make them pay.

What i like to do against these kinds of guys is just kick them in the body and maintain some distance until they stop that nonsense lol
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-29-2018, 09:16 PM   #7
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-29-2018, 09:44 PM   #8
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

You can also block and quickly duck. If you make the input fast enough, it will be guaranteed to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »