Home

I really appreciate the fighter individuality

This is a discussion on I really appreciate the fighter individuality within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 08:17 PM   #33
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I really appreciate the fighter individuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
If we are having even semi serious conversations about whether or not someone could be champion of the division they probably belong in a game that has roughly 25 guys in that division.
There was no dispute over whether or not he should be in, of course he should.

I just wanted clarification on whether it was to do with his ranking or his wrassling.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

i really have noticed the fighters being a lot different. for some reason dos anjos and tony ferguson feel really slow, i cant win with them
Old 01-29-2018, 08:25 PM   #35
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I can’t remember specifics but I’m sure as **** about it. I know it’s easy to say in hindsight when all is said and done but I’m sure Rose was picked, it was only up until fight week when the whole “JJ is in her head” “Rose saying Lord’s Prayer because the ice queen will take her soul” narrative kicked in.

Tyron has outwrestled Koshcheck and Nathan Coy.. who was apart of ATT and was a coach I believe at ATT?? Well, Nathan Coy has influenced Colby Covington’s career.

In the Koshcheck fight, you could say he got rattled early and I would agree, it’s also how I see a fight between Colby and Woodley going... that striking against Maia cannot be overlooked.

Colbys best chance is wrestle ****, correct?
Well even if he manages to wrestle **** Tyrone.. and do so for 4 rounds? Woodley could still drop him in round 5 and possibly finish him. Just look at the 2nd Wonderboy fight.. you have to be on your game for the whole fight and I don’t see Colby pulling it off.
Koscheck was past his prime so I don't put much stock in that. GSP outwrestled Koscheck and he has no wrestling background so yeah. Wrestling credentials aren't everything anyway.

Good call on the Nathan Coy fight (worth noting that it was a split decision tho). Will have to rewatch. Tyron used his grappling way more offensively in Strikeforce. Not sure if that's what happened but will watch it later.

If Colby manages to grind Woodley out for 4 rounds... There's no way Woodley has the gas tank to put him out in round 5. Woodley was able to chill out a lot in the Thompson fight.

It's a tough fight.... But a tough fight for both men.

As far as Rose/JJ... people in that thread are breaking it down on a technical level and still not giving Rose a chance or a very slim one. JJ's antics aren't relevant. That was the common opinion on /r/mma. Not just that JJ would win... but that Rose had almost no shot at all.

I had it the same way. I know at this point that anything is possible in MMA but only gave Rose a slim chance.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 01-29-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #36
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Koscheck was past his prime so I don't put much stock in that. GSP outwrestled Koscheck and he has no wrestling background so yeah. Wrestling credentials aren't everything anyway.

Good call on the Nathan Coy fight. Will have to rewatch. Tyron used his grappling way more offensively in Strikeforce. Not sure if that's what happened but will watch it later.

If Colby manages to grind Woodley out for 4 rounds... There's no way Woodley has the gas tank to put him out in round 5. Woodley was able to chill out a lot in the Thompson fight.

It's a tough fight.... But a tough fight for both men.

As far as Rose/JJ... people in that thread are breaking it down on a technical level and still not giving Rose a chance or a very slim one. JJ's antics aren't relevant. That was the common opinion on /r/mma. Not just that JJ would win... but that Rose had almost no shot at all.

I had it the same way. I know at this point that anything is possible in MMA but only gave Rose a slim chance.
Come on now... how can you bring the G.O.A.T of MMA wrestling into it.. that is so unfair

I’m sure Nathan Coy was either a sparring partner or a coach for Colby.

I think Woodley still has the power. He looked shot in both Thompson fights, and was still very dangerous.. I know it’s a different type of cardio grappling v striking.. I don’t even think it would get to that point in all honestly, if I had to predict I would say RD 1/2 KO/TKO for Woodley.

If Colby can’t get the takedown he is screwed, Maia was lighting him up, it would take Tyron one shot to put Colby down. I think the fight would play out as Colby backing Tyron up against the fence, then initiating the takedown with Tyron fighting position and then Colby would realise he ****ed up lol.

I’d rather see Usman vs Covington, RDA vs Woodley, Till vs Wonderboy and Masvidal vs Ponz. These are the match ups to make, if Covington beats Usman then he could possibly talk himself into a fight with either RDA or Tyron, since he’s wanted them both for ages.

I don’t know about you but I’m way more interested in seeing who’s the superior wrestler/grappler between Usman and Covington than a fight between Colby and Woodley.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:09 PM   #37
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
Come on now... how can you bring the G.O.A.T of MMA wrestling into it.. that is so unfair

I’m sure Nathan Coy was either a sparring partner or a coach for Colby.

I think Woodley still has the power. He looked shot in both Thompson fights, and was still very dangerous.. I know it’s a different type of cardio grappling v striking.. I don’t even think it would get to that point in all honestly, if I had to predict I would say RD 1/2 KO/TKO for Woodley.

If Colby can’t get the takedown he is screwed, Maia was lighting him up, it would take Tyron one shot to put Colby down. I think the fight would play out as Colby backing Tyron up against the fence, then initiating the takedown with Tyron fighting position and then Colby would realise he ****ed up lol.

I’d rather see Usman vs Covington, RDA vs Woodley, Till vs Wonderboy and Masvidal vs Ponz. These are the match ups to make, if Covington beats Usman then he could possibly talk himself into a fight with either RDA or Tyron, since he’s wanted them both for ages.

I don’t know about you but I’m way more interested in seeing who’s the superior wrestler/grappler between Usman and Covington than a fight between Colby and Woodley.
Here's the thing... I'm partly saying this because I've heard things from credible people.

One of them is Colby himself. Whether you think he's exaggerating about putting it on Tyron in sparring is another thing but has Tyron denied it? Tyron is ducking Colby imo. I'm not saying he's 'scared' or whatever but he'd rather avoid fighting him. The fight made sense at the time. Colby had attention. People wanted to see him get his *** beat. If it was such an easy fight... Tyron would have taken it. He'd be better off taking it than the RDA fight if it was easy.

I think it's quite obvious that Colby is as confident as he is for a reason. He knows something that a lot of people don't.

GenghisCon (a filmmaker who was situated at ATT for a long time) said that people would be surprised if they watched the different sparring footage he had of Tyron and Colby.

A guy who trained at ATT also told me how easily Colby would work guys in the gym all the time. Masvidal and Lawler included.

You don't have to believe me or these people about these things but I and these people have no reason to lie.

Tyron has a tendency to go into defensive mode and not do enough to keep a guy off him when someone initiates grappling with him. It's quite easy to force him to fight a defensive fight in general. I think Colby can exploit that and then some.

Again, I have no idea what would happen in this fight. I just think it's a far way away from being obvious.

I'd also rather see Usman and Colby fight Woodley than fight each other, personally. I don't really mind though. All of the fights are interesting. A bit like Khabib/Conor/Tony in a way.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:12 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Here's the thing... I'm partly saying this because I've heard things from credible people.

One of them is Colby himself. Whether you think he's exaggerating about putting it on Tyron in sparring is another thing but has Tyron denied it? Tyron is ducking Colby imo. I'm not saying he's 'scared' or whatever but he'd rather avoid fighting him. The fight made sense at the time. Colby had attention. People wanted to see him get his *** beat. If it was such an easy fight... Tyron would have taken it. He'd be better off taking it than the RDA fight if it was easy.

I think it's quite obvious that Colby is as confident as he is for a reason. He knows something that a lot of people don't.

GenghisCon (a filmmaker who was situated at ATT for a long time) said that people would be surprised if they watched the different sparring footage he had of Tyron and Colby.

A guy who trained at ATT also told me how easily Colby would work guys in the gym all the time. Masvidal and Lawler included.

You don't have to believe me or these people about these things but I and these people have no reason to lie.

Tyron has a tendency to go into defensive mode and not do enough to keep a guy off him when someone initiates grappling with him. It's quite easy to force him to fight a defensive fight in general. I think Colby can exploit that and then some.

Again, I have no idea what would happen in this fight. I just think it's a far way away from being obvious.

I'd also rather see Usman and Colby fight Woodley than fight each other, personally. I don't really mind though. All of the fights are interesting. A bit like Khabib/Conor/Tony in a way.
cody was also confident from sparring
Old 01-29-2018, 09:18 PM   #39
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
cody was also confident from sparring
Totally. The idea that sparring means nothing is a myth tho. It depends on the circumstances of the sparring. How hard you're going. What kind of shape you're in. What you're trying to work in sparring.

If an untrained guy goes in and spars Tyron... they're getting destroyed because Tyron is a better fighter. You wouldn't say the sparring means nothing then lol (I'm not saying you said that but I see that said a lot).

Cody and TJ are also very competitive with each other and that fight goes either way a lot of the time. Which is what I'm arguing here. I'm arguing the fight would be competitive and Colby has a solid shot of winning.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:20 PM   #40
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunna2006
i really have noticed the fighters being a lot different. for some reason dos anjos and tony ferguson feel really slow, i cant win with them

Really? I’ve done well with both of them. And against the AI I cannot beat Tony. I fought against him with Khabib and I’d be battering him on the ground and then he just randomly submits me by guillotine like 3 times and even got me with a twister once. (I restarted the fight 4 times before I finally got him lmao.) His submissions are insane. I can’t seem to escape them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »