Home

I really appreciate the fighter individuality

This is a discussion on I really appreciate the fighter individuality within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #41
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I really appreciate the fighter individuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Here's the thing... I'm partly saying this because I've heard things from credible people.

One of them is Colby himself. Whether you think he's exaggerating about putting it on Tyron in sparring is another thing but has Tyron denied it? Tyron is ducking Colby imo. I'm not saying he's 'scared' or whatever but he'd rather avoid fighting him. The fight made sense at the time. Colby had attention. People wanted to see him get his *** beat. If it was such an easy fight... Tyron would have taken it. He'd be better off taking it than the RDA fight if it was easy.

I think it's quite obvious that Colby is as confident as he is for a reason. He knows something that a lot of people don't.

GenghisCon (a filmmaker who was situated at ATT for a long time) said that people would be surprised if they watched the different sparring footage he had of Tyron and Colby.

A guy who trained at ATT also told me how easily Colby would work guys in the gym all the time. Masvidal and Lawler included.

You don't have to believe me or these people about these things but I and these people have no reason to lie.

Tyron has a tendency to go into defensive mode and not do enough to keep a guy off him when someone initiates grappling with him. It's quite easy to force him to fight a defensive fight in general. I think Colby can exploit that and then some.

Again, I have no idea what would happen in this fight. I just think it's a far way away from being obvious.

I'd also rather see Usman and Colby fight Woodley than fight each other, personally. I don't really mind though. All of the fights are interesting. A bit like Khabib/Conor/Tony in a way.
I do believe it but like I’ve already said... that is only one aspect of MMA.

Anyone can make Woodley go into a “defensive shell” because that’s how he fights, with him backed against the cage he has the option to explode at any moment, with either a right hand or a takedown.. he’s fought like that his whole career. It’s only when he has you hurt that he comes forward.

Woodley hasn’t been at ATT in 3 years sparring Covington... this is a similar time period that TJ and Cody didn’t spar each other and look what happened there... Yes Cody had the success in the beginning with the same things he done in sparring but in the end, TJ finished him with the stuff that he added to his game since leaving.

I’m not saying Woodley is gunna blast Colby with some capoeira kick or something lol, but I do think he’s a much smarter fighter since moving to Roufusport. They have masterminded 3 very good wins against dangerous opponents and I don’t really see Colby in that bracket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 09:32 PM   #42
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

I really appreciate the fighter individuality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
I understand his personality and ranking but he’ll hardly be fun to use unless you’re Big Cee of course

Your username reminds me that I want James Krause in the game lol. I like that dude. And he lived in the same town (Lee’s Summit) as my aunt.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 01-31-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:37 PM   #43
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
I do believe it but like I’ve already said... that is only one aspect of MMA.

Anyone can make Woodley go into a “defensive shell” because that’s how he fights, with him backed against the cage he has the option to explode at any moment, with either a right hand or a takedown.. he’s fought like that his whole career. It’s only when he has you hurt that he comes forward.

Woodley hasn’t been at ATT in 3 years sparring Covington... this is a similar time period that TJ and Cody didn’t spar each other and look what happened there... Yes Cody had the success in the beginning with the same things he done in sparring but in the end, TJ finished him with the stuff that he added to his game since leaving.

I’m not saying Woodley is gunna blast Colby with some capoeira kick or something lol, but I do think he’s a much smarter fighter since moving to Roufusport. They have masterminded 3 very good wins against dangerous opponents and I don’t really see Colby in that bracket.
Yeah, that's true. It's part of his style. I just think Colby can exploit it.

I totally wonder how Colby would deal with the striking too. Don't get me wrong. It's a big question.

Look at the way he's tagging Kelvin. Kelvin is no slouch in the striking department.

I def need to rewatch that fight. I didn't remember Tyron tagging Kelvin like that. Wondering if I should get my FightPass subscription back right now lol.

But I've never doubted Tyron's striking. I was even asking for his striking stats to be increased. He has some seriously solid hands.

I'm just betting on Colby's ability to fight his fight.

Wanna point out that I said I see it as 60/40 in Tyron's favour and I'm not arguing that Colby would for sure win or anything. Just that he has a solid chance and shouldn't be written off. Jake Shields beat Woodley literally just by holding him against the cage, remember? Didn't even take him down.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:53 PM   #44
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Yeah, that's true. It's part of his style. I just think Colby can exploit it.

I totally wonder how Colby would deal with the striking too. Don't get me wrong. It's a big question.

Look at the way he's tagging Kelvin. Kelvin is no slouch in the striking department.

I def need to rewatch that fight. I didn't remember Tyron tagging Kelvin like that. Wondering if I should get my FightPass subscription back right now lol.

But I've never doubted Tyron's striking. I was even asking for his striking stats to be increased. He has some seriously solid hands.

I'm just betting on Colby's ability to fight his fight.

Wanna point out that I said I see it as 60/40 in Tyron's favour and I'm not arguing that Colby would for sure win or anything. Just that he has a solid chance and shouldn't be written off. Jake Shields beat Woodley literally just by holding him against the cage, remember? Didn't even take him down.

It would be interesting and I think Colby would generate hype with his **** talking.
I feel like Tyron needs a big KO win to get back some fans, although he’s masterminded some good wins he’s played it safe and they have been close fights.

The only person who shut down Woodleys striking is Rory MacDonald, which proves styles makes fights because he hasn’t looked great since lol.

If Colby had an exciting style and he was either mauling dudes or KOing them.. I would be a fan of his. But to me, he can talk the talk but can’t walk the walk and that’s my biggest issue.

Kinda like BJS although he redeemed himself by taking Lemieux to school.

Till vs Wonderboy will be booked, I’m just uncertain about the rest of the top guys.

They shouldn’t overlook RDA, his streak is way more impressive than Colbys but he doesn’t generate PPVs at all.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:01 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
It would be interesting and I think Colby would generate hype with his **** talking.
I feel like Tyron needs a big KO win to get back some fans, although he’s masterminded some good wins he’s played it safe and they have been close fights.

The only person who shut down Woodleys striking is Rory MacDonald, which proves styles makes fights because he hasn’t looked great since lol.

If Colby had an exciting style and he was either mauling dudes or KOing them.. I would be a fan of his. But to me, he can talk the talk but can’t walk the walk and that’s my biggest issue.

Kinda like BJS although he redeemed himself by taking Lemieux to school.

Till vs Wonderboy will be booked, I’m just uncertain about the rest of the top guys.

They shouldn’t overlook RDA, his streak is way more impressive than Colbys but he doesn’t generate PPVs at all.
FYI, rumor has it that Till is fighting Gunner Nelson next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 10:05 PM   #46
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
FYI, rumor has it that Till is fighting Gunner Nelson next.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SandhuMMA...29948403015680
Old 01-29-2018, 10:13 PM   #47
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

WW is the most interesting division right now overall imo.

LW has Tony/Khabib/Conor but beyond that there's a lot of old names that seem to never quite get where they need to go. Al Iaquinta is a dark horse tho. LW is the most interesting at the top.

If Woodley clears out this generation of WW's... He's going to be going in the direction of GSP territory.

That said, GSP dominated everyone. Like barely any of those guys were ever in the fight with him.

At the same time... Woodley is fighting better guys.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:46 PM   #48
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

btw everyone needs to sub to this channel. on the rise right now and all of the content is dope. lot of inside looks into many different fighters and footage of them training together and stuff. He really knows how to edit too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »