Home

EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 07:45 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Stat Change Request Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Is 100 a realistic stat though, ngannou hits harder so is he 101? We need the gap cause someone out therw will always be better or punch harder.
You’re comparing across weight classes.

Anthony Johnson hits way harder than any other LHW.

Ngannou doesnt really hit a lot harder than other HWs.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:16 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
You’re comparing across weight classes.

Anthony Johnson hits way harder than any other LHW.

Ngannou doesnt really hit a lot harder than other HWs.
Aj has fouth at heavyweight. Not a massive power difference between the two
Old 01-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Aj has fouth at heavyweight. Not a massive power difference between the two
That’s my point...

Except Anthony fights at LHW and the stats are based on the division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #12
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Think about a subjective margin, guys. And when you do, ask yourself if asking for a change of 1 point is reasonable.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:04 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Think about a subjective margin, guys. And when you do, ask yourself if asking for a change of 1 point is reasonable.
A scale of 80-100 means 1 point is significant.

Anthony Johnson is clearly the hardest hitting LHW ever.

Currently tied for 2nd in UFC history with 11 KOs

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 01-29-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #14
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

I think Ngannou hits really, really hard but I think the speed of the punches is maybe the reason people sometimes take them. Zoumana Cisse ate a few (Ngannou's only loss). Luis Henrique took quite a beating before getting KO'd. Blaydes ate some hard punches and never got KO'd. And Stipe too.

I think the fact that Arlovski and Overeem have awful chins helps a lot. They're probably the 2 most KO'd fighters in the UFC lol.

I'm not saying Ngannou doesn't hit hard as **** but I'd theorise that the KO doesn't always come as quick with him because people see his punches coming.

I don't know what his speed stat is tho.

I hope Rumble has a big speed stat. I think he hits very hard but the speed is a big part of it too. Remember DC saying he was surprised at how fast he was when he knocked him down with the overhand right?
Old 01-29-2018, 11:40 PM   #15
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Fighter: Big Nog

Stat change request(s):

Chin Strength 85 to 88
Reason being before his twilight years the man had a Mark Hunt-esque HW chin. There has to be some middle ground here as he at one point possessed one of the best chins of all-time. Even late it took Roy Nelson three clean bombs that would KO half the division to put him away.

Striking Stamina 86 to 89
Reason being that Nog possessed some of the best endurance on the feet or mat of any fighter ever. He was known for his durability and seemingly unlimited gas tank. I don't recall a fight where he gassed or even came close. Legendary gas tank.

Leg Strength 88 to 91
Reason being is that Nog always walked through leg kicks to the bitter end (Struve fight). Never once have I seen a leg kick phase the man. Heck watch the 2nd Werdum fight where Fabricio his just teeing off on his lead leg yet he walks forward unphased. He doesn't even so much as jump to initiate the clinch in panic due to pain.

I understand that you guys are giving kick boxers a high rating here, but if anyone else deserves it - it's Nog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 05:51 AM   #16
MVP

Okay, I've got a few

Welterweight RDA- RDA has 90 Endurance when Woodley has 92 and Lawler has 95. RDA generally fights at a consistent 60-70 strikes a round or 12-14 strikes per minute pace, whereas Woodley fights at roughly 6-8 strikes per minute or 30-50 strikes a round and Lawler fights at 7-10 strikes per minute pace. I don't understand why a significantly higher paced fighter like RDA doesn't have that represented. I'm pretty sure Endurance affects between round recovery, and having fighters who take rounds off recover more than a man who pushes a consistent and quite high pace doesn't make much sense to me. I'd probably just swap his and Woodley's stats, bring RDA up to 92 and Woodley down to 90, and maybe also drop Lawler down to 93-94.

I also think RDA's top game needs a buff from 89, which is 1 point lower than Cowboy, the same as Robbie Lawler, 2 points lower than Neil Magny and only 1 point higher than Wonderboy and Till, despite RDA's top game being arguably his best skillset and what's won him 2/3 of his welterweight fights as well as a bunch of his lightweight ones. His top game is also lower than both Magny and Cowboy's bottom game, both of whom he smushed when he got on top. I'd like to see it buffed to 91-92, which is still worse than the more proven welterweight grapplers like Usman, Woodley, Nelson and Maia, but does more to differentiate him for people like Lawler who don't really play on top all that much.

Featherweight José Aldo- Aldo has 91 footwork, which is 5 points lower than Frankie Edgars, a man he basically out-footworked for 5 rounds a year and a half ago. I don't understand how you come out with this rating, although I am not 100% sure what the footwork is derived from, so maybe I'll reconsider if informed that it just affects lateral movement speed or something. Provided I don't rescind this request on finding out what the stat does, perhaps bumping Aldo up to 93 to just close the gap slightly, since Frankie Edgar should have a speed/movement advantage.

Karolina Kowalkiewicz- her striking defence stats (both blocking and head movement). She has 11% worse striking defence than Joanna, but only 1 point lower block and equal head movement, whereas Claudia Gadelha who has 1% better striking defence than Karolina IRL has the same block as her but 4 points worse head movement. I'd probably leave KK's block alone but drop her head movement a point or 2 down to 91 or so as well as bump Gadelha up from 89 to 90 (I realise I snuck that in there)

Mickey Gall- his bottom game. We just saw him get held down and do nothing for 2 rounds by a 4-2 in the UFC striker, but his bottom game is the same as Carlos Condit's and 2 points better than RDA's, I don't even, like, what? How? Also, how does submitting CM Punk and Sage Northcutt get you better submission stats than GSP? I'd like to see his bottom game dropped 2 points to 88 (if you want to give those points to RDA, that'd be cool) and his submissions stats (both offense and defense) dropped to about 90-91, which is a 2-3 point drop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »