Home

Ai aggression/output is ridiculous

This is a discussion on Ai aggression/output is ridiculous within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ai aggression/output is ridiculous

https://youtu.be/u_-pgLY97to

So in this case I'm Breese. The ai barely backs up and is constantly throwing strikes. Over 300 in 3 rounds! I tried to circle away and he gets so close I can barely move. I tried to tag him, and succeeded multiple times but still he never backed off. The ai is more than willing to stand and bang. The aggression needs to be toned way down or we need a more viable way to deal with it.

I don't have a video of it but they also will constantly transition on the ground, burning through half their stamina bar within a round.

I'm ok with the occasional brawl but every fight has been this against the generic ai. The signature ai is better but they even have a tendency to brawl sometimes. I want a tactical battle, not a button masher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ai aggression/output is ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9

So in this case I'm Breese. The ai barely backs up and is constantly throwing strikes. Over 300 in 3 rounds! I tried to circle away and he gets so close I can barely move. I tried to tag him, and succeeded multiple times but still he never backed off. The ai is more than willing to stand and bang. The aggression needs to be toned way down or we need a more viable way to deal with it.

I don't have a video of it but they also will constantly transition on the ground, burning through half their stamina bar within a round.

I'm ok with the occasional brawl but every fight has been this against the generic ai. The signature ai is better but they even have a tendency to brawl sometimes. I want a tactical battle, not a button masher.

Getting you ready for those online pressure boiz
Old 01-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpdude9

So I played Breese v. Lim and I experienced the same thing you did. Lim was constantly moving forward and was aggressive. Breese's footwork is rather low so its difficult to circle out from the pressure. Then....

I played Marquardt v. Alvey. Nate doesnt have a signature AI. As you can see from this round. He isnt constantly pressuring. In fact if I lay back I think he would wait 10-15 seconds before he even advanced to strike.

So here is my theory (Skynet may disagree): Every generic template fighter isnt always aggressive. In fact, I fought two (Lentz and Marquardt) who werent overly agressive.

What you are running into is a number of fighters who's generic template is forward moving and aggressive. That plus the fact that you are new to the game and not skilled at circling off (and are using fighters who have low footwork that prevents them from circling off) is leading to what we see in the video.

Your point is still valid and maybe Skynet needs to tune the aggressive templates down a little. I just wanted to point out that not all of the gneric templates fight this way.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:25 PM   #4
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Hmm. I haven’t experienced this regularly. Sometimes the AI is very aggressive, primarily in the second and third rounds of they lost the first and/or second. Majority of the time, they’ve been more aggressive or not based on my performance. I just played an entire 11 fight card custom event and majority of the fights went pretty well. Usually averaged around 30-40 strikes thrown per round. About 15-25 landed. One round the AI only threw 19 strikes and landed 10 of them.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:41 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

It depends on the fighter. Nate pressures non-stop. Lawler, for instance, dosn't. He throw leather when he does engage, but he doesn't engage all the time.

I'd ike to hear from you again, after you play a wider selection of fighters. I, for one, like the variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2018, 10:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So I played Breese v. Lim and I experienced the same thing you did. Lim was constantly moving forward and was aggressive. Breese's footwork is rather low so its difficult to circle out from the pressure. Then....

I played Marquardt v. Alvey. Nate doesnt have a signature AI. As you can see from this round. He isnt constantly pressuring. In fact if I lay back I think he would wait 10-15 seconds before he even advanced to strike.

So here is my theory (Skynet may disagree): Every generic template fighter isnt always aggressive. In fact, I fought two (Lentz and Marquardt) who werent overly agressive.

What you are running into is a number of fighters who's generic template is forward moving and aggressive. That plus the fact that you are new to the game and not skilled at circling off (and are using fighters who have low footwork that prevents them from circling off) is leading to what we see in the video.

Your point is still valid and maybe Skynet needs to tune the aggressive templates down a little. I just wanted to point out that not all of the gneric templates fight this way.
Perhaps I have been unlucky in who I've fought. But the template still needs to be toned down, they should at least retreat occasionally, especially if getting caught. Or at least not charge into the pocket constantly. Also, the issue with them running through half their stamina within a round due to constant transitioning on the ground needs to be fixed.

I thought it might be useful to include what hyper aggressive AI's I've encountered so here goes...

Ray Borg
Jessica Eye
Joe Lauzon
Hyun Gyu Lim
Frankie Saenz
Tim Elliot
Thiago Alves
Marion Reneau
Myles Jury
Anderson Silva
Old 01-30-2018, 03:55 AM   #7
MVP

Woodleys AI is a little off.
The output is right, but he sticks in your face always within striking range, doesn't creates space and never ever puts his back to the fence.

He also hasn't throw a single overhand yet.
Basically, he just engages and sticks to you far more than he actually does, he's constantly in pressure mode, but he rarely set up counters when I engaged, so it feels off, he was just staying in my face without utilising any advantage that brought.

His output is niiiice though. 65 strikes in 5 minutes isn't bad at all.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:45 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
Woodleys AI is a little off.
The output is right, but he sticks in your face always within striking range, doesn't creates space and never ever puts his back to the fence.

He also hasn't throw a single overhand yet.
Basically, he just engages and sticks to you far more than he actually does, he's constantly in pressure mode, but he rarely set up counters when I engaged, so it feels off, he was just staying in my face without utilising any advantage that brought.

His output is niiiice though. 65 strikes in 5 minutes isn't bad at all.
I was happy with him but I think there are tweaks that could be made. He is set to actually give ground, so its strange to see that he isnt backing up. When I faced him last week he actually backed up a ton until I forced him to strike.

Regarding countering, Woodley doesnt counter a ton in real loife. The stats show that and film shows that. His blitzes usually dont come off counters. He's usually the one leading.

So its a question of realism vs. a video game. In the game if you offer counter opps, the expectation is that the AI will jump on it. That increases the difficulty and looks more natural. The problem is thats not what Woodley does.

I'd love to see a video of you playing him so I break it down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »