Home

Damage needs fixed

This is a discussion on Damage needs fixed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2018, 06:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Angry Damage needs fixed

Well I have been looking forward to this game dropping for weeks and I took a day off work and to be honest I am absolutely gutted. I can't help but think something is wrong. This can't be what the developers intended. All of my fights go the same way. Both fighters cannot do any damage. Then suddenly one of the strikes randomly ends the fight.

Can someone tell me what is going on? Did I miss the day 1 patch, or is there a hotfix coming soon? This feels completely different than the beta and honestly I am regretting this purchase. If someone can tell me a fix is coming maybe I can get rid of this knot in my stomach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 07:06 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Damage needs fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebobbydana
Well I have been looking forward to this game dropping for weeks and I took a day off work and to be honest I am absolutely gutted. I can't help but think something is wrong. This can't be what the developers intended. All of my fights go the same way. Both fighters cannot do any damage. Then suddenly one of the strikes randomly ends the fight.

Can someone tell me what is going on? Did I miss the day 1 patch, or is there a hotfix coming soon? This feels completely different than the beta and honestly I am regretting this purchase. If someone can tell me a fix is coming maybe I can get rid of this knot in my stomach.
I can tell you it feels much better without the HUD. The HUD creates a false expectation of when you should "die" lol.
Frankly all games have tons of numbers crunching in the background and don't feel the need to display them. To me this shows an insecurity in the team's thoughts of how us fans will trust their damage algos.

What you are likely seeing is the risk reward system. Based on many factors you will likely go from looking almost completely healthy based on the bars, to dead. This is intended. What is not intended is us, the users , using the bars to detect how much "life" we have left. I would say it's completely normal for 80% + of fights to end this way. It's usually not about accumulated damage, but instead about many factors.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #3
Banned

There’s nothing random about the strikes

Strikes do extra damage when your opponent moves into one or if you catch them mid strike.

If you arent doing damage it’s because you arent catching them when they’re vulnerable
Old 01-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

combos are how you deal damage

playing online and there are a ton of first and second round KOs
Old 01-30-2018, 07:18 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
There’s nothing random about the strikes

Strikes do extra damage when your opponent moves into one or if you catch them mid strike.

If you arent doing damage it’s because you arent catching them when they’re vulnerable
This. If you fall into a routine of swinging wildly, sometimes all it takes is one missed punch and your opponent countering to put you on the ground. That's because all of your punches drained your stamina, then when you get hit you take more damage for already being low stamina PLUS the countering effect. It's absolutely devastating.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Agreed. I was just getting wailed on by what someone might consider a "pressure fighter" in UFC 2. However in UFC 2 that kind of pressure is totally un-realistic and un sustainable. Ultimately after he ran me down swinging wildly for the better part of the first round. I caught him with one nice head kick as he was winding up for a wild kick of his own and KO'd him.

I probably threw a totally of 8 strikes in that entire fight as opposed to his 100. The result seemed totally reasonable to me. Also just to be clear, had I been on the receiving end of that knockout it would have seemed reasonable to me too. Sometimes going after someone is a good strategy, just know it's not always going to be successful.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:33 PM   #7
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I was watching some streams yesterday and damage seems super wonky to me.

This 1 guy I was watching was just crushing dudes. Some of his opponents seemed like they spent the entire round in back to back to back rocked states.

My problem is health regenerates so incredibly fast. It feels like you get a rock, and it turns into some weird block break mini game for like 3 seconds, then health instantly regens, and the opponent is totally back to normal--- and you need to try and get a new rock state to play another block break mini game.

Seems super duper arcadey to me from the stream I was watching yesterday.

In the 1 fight, guy was just eating BOMBS from Mark Hunt for like 2 rounds straight and just wouldn't get KOd. Rock after rock after rock, but the KO felt like it took 20 unanswered BOMBS before it finally came.

Damage seems set up for 1 shot vulnerability wondow counters, -OR- Mortal Combat block break combos. If you are just picking your shots, pacing your striking, and not firing off huge combos, it seems very hard to do real damage.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 01-30-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:42 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
I was watching some streams yesterday and damage seems super wonky to me.

This 1 guy I was watching was just crushing dudes. Some of his opponents seemed like they spent the entire round in back to back to back rocked states.

My problem is health regenerates so incredibly fast. It feels like you get a rock, and it turns into some weird block break mini game for like 3 seconds, then health instantly regens, and the opponent is totally back to normal--- and you need to try and get a new rock state to play another block break mini game.

Seems super duper arcadey to me from the stream I was watching yesterday.

In the 1 fight, guy was just eating BOMBS from Mark Hunt for like 2 rounds straight and just wouldn't get KOd. Rock after rock after rock, but the KO felt like it took 20 unanswered BOMBS before it finally came.

Damage seems set up for 1 shot vulnerability wondow counters, -OR- Mortal Combat block break combos. If you are just picking your shots, pacing your striking, and not firing off huge combos, it seems very hard to do real damage.
I am going to post this idea again here. I agree with you.

A way they could fix this issue os consecutive rocks, lets say 2 or 3 rocks in 30 seconds causing a minute long health event or even a rock but a massive stamima drain. This would allow the person to finish the fight like irl. Theres very few people who can survive 3 rocks in a round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »