Home

Damage system idea: VIDEO INSIDE

This is a discussion on Damage system idea: VIDEO INSIDE within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2018, 06:19 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Damage system idea: VIDEO INSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
The damage needs to increase and health events before finish decrease (~5 in a round before finish)
Idk about the damage increasing that's one thing I would try not to do with the sliders you can decrease the damage by one or two slides but I honestly think the damage is really good where it's at. I need to try different weight classes too, to see the difference. As for health events, mann they're nearly perfect imo! Haha right now with these sliders there's not many health events if you get caught clean, no more exaggerated amount of knockdowns it truly is game changing.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:20 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel182x
Thanks for this post! Loving these sliders, just wish I could take em online and career mode.
You're welcome! THIS needs to happen! ^
Old 01-31-2018, 06:21 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassi
Great write up!
Thank you!!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:22 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
I really appreciate these words, thank you for that. You are correct UD3 had a SIM mode, which if I'm honest these sliders make it more dangerous than UD3 was in the stand up while in SIM mode. This should most definitely be a simulation mode for both offline and online, that would be the best choice so the casuals get to fight their fight and us hardcore fans get to fight ours. You're most welcome, I want to make this game as SIM as can get! As for the Alvarez vs McGregor, I have an hour left but I'll make it happen!
No problem man. Thanks for the clarification on the EA undisputed sim mode, i think my partial memory served me well in this case. Yes i also agree that in terms of realism, the slider settings that you applied are outputting the best simulation i have ever seen in an MMA game. Very dangerous like you said but in the long run would be insanely fun to learn to master for myself and other hardcore fans.

Really appreciate your offer on making the video as well. But if you only have 1 hour left then don't kill yourself to make the video , enjoy your limited time left (:

Your the man Stealthhh , thanks for your kind reply (:

Regards
AB541

Last edited by ab541; 01-31-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:37 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab541
No problem man. Thanks for the clarification on the EA undisputed sim mode, i think my partial memory served me well in this case. Yes i also agree that in terms of realism, the slider settings that you applied are outputting the best simulation i have ever seen in an MMA game. Very dangerous like you said but in the long run would be insanely fun to learn to master for myself and other hardcore fans.

Really appreciate your offer on making the video as well. But if you only have 1 hour left then don't kill yourself to make the video , enjoy your limited time left (:

Your the man Stealthhh , thanks for your kind reply (:

Regards
AB541
Thank you man! You're welcome! Yeah this game plays so real now it literally feels like a different game I'm kinda still shocked how good it plays now. I'll make that clip man haha I want to try out different weight classes anyway so it works for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 08:22 PM   #22
Rookie

Why even add sliders if we can't use them in our Single Player career mode experience.

Yes we need a Simulation mode with settings closer to this.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:14 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Why even add sliders if we can't use them in our Single Player career mode experience.

Yes we need a Simulation mode with settings closer to this.
Ikr that's the goal
Old 02-01-2018, 05:21 PM   #24
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Damage system idea: VIDEO INSIDE

This is a promising thread but i have 2 concerns regarding increasing damage and stamina.

1) damage slider up: not enough fights going the distance. I think we can tune this until we get a sweet spot of getting enough decisions but also keeping that feeling of danger in the fights which the OP alluded to.

2) stamina cost slider up: the cpu ai doesn’t alter its aggression and will get gassed by midfight.

Hopefully, the cpu ai is smart enough to realize the stamina cost being higher, but if this is not balanced, it will make the game artificially easier because the user will surely adjust to the stamina slider, but will the cpu do the same?

That’s why i’ve always wanted 3 sliders ( like fight night champion)

Stamina
Damage
Ai strike output

Because they all work in unison and can create very realistic fights. This output slider was asked by many people on the board but it was not included by the devs.

It is a shame, because If one of those 3 game aspects is not accurate, you really can’t edit sliders without running into massive problems gameplay wise.

I wonder if they can add ai strike output slider via patch.

Look at the last fight from the first video from the first page....the jones ( cpu) vs gustaffson ( user) fight. Jones fought recklessly and seemed like he didnt adjust at all to the stamina cost slider. The user was very cautious and by the MIDDLE of the first round, jones spent around 33 percent of all his stamina while the user maybe used only 5 percent.

And what happened? Jones was KOed because gustaffson caught him in a low stamina moment. THIS is why ai output slider is needed.

Now imagine if Jones were cautious after we decrease his ai strike output slider. He would be much less prone to counters which will result in more decisions. He would block more, less damage, more decisions. And that would make the user even less hesitant to over strike because he also doesnt want to get countered, less strikes total and more decisions and the striking gameplay will be great. Just in 3:30 minutes alone in that fight, jones got neearly KOed 3 times! Why? Because he was not mindful of the stamina sliders nor the damage sliders and the ai still fought as if their stamina and damage were on default sliders.

In real life, It would be a miracle in itself to get Jones seriously hurt ONCE in a fight....these sliders without ai output had him hurt 3 times in 3 minutes. Just not realistic whatsoever, and this is not because of the OPs sliders, its because the ai fights the same way regardless of any sliders we make....at least that’s what I saw in that video.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 02-01-2018 at 05:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »