Home

Does Everyone Fight the Same Style On UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Does Everyone Fight the Same Style On UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2018, 08:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does Everyone Fight the Same Style On UFC 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
That's probably because most videos are of online fights, and people haven't played enough to truly get the hang of everything so they're just sticking to simple combos across various fighters.

95% of Stephen Thompson users I've seen didn't realize he had a unique blitz, not utilized his whiffless rear roundhouse kicks or footwork advantages at all, but he has them..

In a few weeks once people properly stop and practice and get their styles down, I think we are going to see most players have their own unique traits and styles.

I play offline mainly, and I've had a blast emulating most fighters I've used successfully, using their real life strengths and avoiding the weaknesses and the AI has been mostly similar at Pro level, its 10x better than UFC 2 was at individuality and fighter styles.
Funny you mention Wonderboy because he was the main guy I seen people using him wonky guys getting in the pocket and trading with him. Even when I’ve seen people kick with him it’s not effective because they don’t set it up with feints or distance management. As soon as guys throw kicks with him, he’s countered and rocked with a straight.

Same with gameplans, I imagine most guys who are streaming this game would watch MMA or train themselves so they would try to employ real life tactics and gameplans but nothing to this effect yet.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I understand what your concerned but i dont think head movement is OP now. If they would nerfed the head movement from now that would be breaks the game mechanic and l'd rather head movement is totally not satisfying now.
I don’t mind the head movement at all I just feel as though people aren’t thinking when they fight, for me my goal is for my opponent to miss every strike so I try to read them and make that possible but everyone is willing to just stand and wobble each other. Feint the jab to get a counter reaction from them you know?
Old 01-31-2018, 09:42 AM   #11
Banned

The rock paper scissors head movement has a part in this.

But also the low skill level. You can kill dudes that rely on ducking with a timed uppercut/knee.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 AM   #12
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

It seems nearly impossible to keep distance at the moment if you are using a slower fighter against a higher end guy.

Fought a cain velasquez lastnight when i was reem,typically on ufc 2 i could keep my distance and work straights and teep kick.

Not this time,guy was on me like white on rice throwing non stop body uppcercuts.

Went like this for 4 rounds until i finally managed tp ko him.

It was insane! He had full stamina after 4 rounds of throwing.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:10 AM   #13
Rookie

It is the changes to defense that cause this. Everyone plays the same defense and this style is the only offense to it. People just hold block unless they are striking so you get stuck using block breakers and quick counter combos. With the parry in the past it was risk reward, you had to open up to play good defense now they dont have to open up defense is all reward, hold block and they will gas before they break through. Hold body block get an auto kick catch and auto rock them off it. They give no incentive for doing anything strategic on defense.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:10 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
It seems nearly impossible to keep distance at the moment if you are using a slower fighter against a higher end guy.

Fought a cain velasquez lastnight when i was reem,typically on ufc 2 i could keep my distance and work straights and teep kick.

Not this time,guy was on me like white on rice throwing non stop body uppcercuts.

Went like this for 4 rounds until i finally managed tp ko him.

It was insane! He had full stamina after 4 rounds of throwing.
That’s ridiculous I understand the whole working the body and making your opponent miss mechanic but that is dumb
Old 01-31-2018, 10:14 AM   #15
Banned

There are some stamina concerns worth addressing and discussing, but honestly, if a guy like Cain spends four rounds landing a majority of the strikes hes throwing hes not gonna gas much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 10:33 AM   #16
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleEvil
There are some stamina concerns worth addressing and discussing, but honestly, if a guy like Cain spends four rounds landing a majority of the strikes hes throwing hes not gonna gas much.
True, but if you block them and he still isn't gassing because you haven't punched him in the stomach there is something wrong

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »