Home

fnf and ragdoll

This is a discussion on fnf and ragdoll within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 09:57 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: fnf and ragdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
I actually jumped on UFC 2 and played 20 fights, checking for ridiculous ragdolls.
I saw 4, including all knockdowns - of which there were several per fight. Realistically, I'd say there were a total of ~60 knockdowns. 4 of them were "unrealistic", one of them with a guy cartwheeling through the air from a head kick. The other 3 were marginally unrealistic, a guy's feet lifting a few inches off the ground from an uppercut being the most notable. In my 29 fights in UFC 3, all 26 that ended in KO's looked absolutely horrible. Every single one. There isn't even a comparison. In every single case, the opponent's head and body completely defy the laws of gravity. It's the same like 4-5 KO animations that were in Fight Night, EA MMA, and UFC 1.
I wouldn't be surprised if they just copy + pasted the UFC 1 engine to make UFC 3. Many of the bugs and behavior (KO zoom gave this away) is exactly the same as in UFC 1, whereas they had been modified/fixed in UFC 2.

Your position is completely indefensible.
I know what you are talking about. and said again, I never told pre-made ko animation looking good in ea ufc3. I just want that if they bring back ea ufc2's ragdoll kos, it should have more weight. Is that wrong? If you don't want more weight from ea ufc2's ragdoll, that mean you love arcade kos like float in the air. and I don't agree 1/10 ko are good on ea ufc2. because I have seen a ton of weightless ko in ea ufc2. to be clear, I never opposite bring back ragdoll itself but I just don't want weightless ragdoll. That's all.

just one question. Do you think this ragdoll looking good?

Last edited by tissues250; 02-01-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #26
Banned

Re: @gpd fnf and ragdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
Lol how is that possible? Not saying it happened all the time, but I didn't play the game on a daily basis and it happened a few dozen times with me.
Ive seen it happen just never happened to me. I have had it where an uppercut lifts him off his feet flying on to his back but honestly i would rather thst happen than my opponent falling to one knee then on to his face because realistically he would just ragdoll down to has face first rather than his knee

Sent from my SM-G950W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #27
Banned

Re: @gpd fnf and ragdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman192
Ive seen it happen just never happened to me. I have had it where an uppercut lifts him off his feet flying on to his back but honestly i would rather thst happen than my opponent falling to one knee then on to his face because realistically he would just ragdoll down to has face first rather than his knee

like the phil hawes vs julian marquez fight

Old 02-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #28
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

I agree, it'd be good for them to add more weight to UFC 2 ragdolls.
However, they could mess it up, and get sick of messing with it.

UFC 2 ragdolls were damn near perfect the vast majority of the time. If it's a choice between an exact copy + paste of UFC 2 or UFC 3's canned animations, I'd go with UFC 2 ragdolls 100%.

Funny thing about that ragdoll - I've knocked out ~20 people with uppercuts and haven't seen anything close to that. I have only seen canned animations so far. Not one ragdoll.
Yeah, that one you showed is from UFC and doesn't look amazing, but it's better than the canned animations I've seen so far (and that's several hundred - I watch a lot of twitch and youtube videos).
Old 02-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #29
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Why is this game so wonky. Kos are terrible and you cant even follow a guy to the ground for the finish.

Honestly, feels like a beta still.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I know what you are talking about. and said again, I never told pre-made ko animation looking good in ea ufc3. I just want that if they bring back ea ufc2's ragdoll kos, it should have more weight. Is that wrong? If you don't want more weight from ea ufc2's ragdoll, that mean you love arcade kos like float in the air. and I don't agree 1/10 ko are good on ea ufc2. because I have seen a ton of weightless ko in ea ufc2. to be clear, I never opposite bring back ragdoll itself but I just don't want weightless ragdoll. That's all.

just one question. Do you think this ragdoll looking good?
What would you rather have if we had to choose the ****ty pre made kos we have now or ufc 2 ragdoll i would say ufc 2 ragdoll looks better
Old 02-01-2018, 06:58 PM   #31
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

The straight up KOs are quite free. I'm liking them a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 09:08 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
The straight up KOs are quite free. I'm liking them a lot.
They need to remove the ko animation where the guy falls to one knee then his face it is the worst one by far they need to make him just fall flat on his face.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »