Home

Career strategy

This is a discussion on Career strategy within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Career strategy

Curious to how you all go thru career mode ( gym and training wise ) trying to branch out this time around instead of just ripping thru it quick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Career strategy

Good idea for a thread tbh. I'm mostly interested in the career mode and I know a bunch of other players are too. Some of us have to wait until friday

So yeah tell us some tips for getting the most out of career mode. Good ways to get your stats up early in preperation for the top opponents (have heard a lot of people say their stats are way too low by the time they reach the top)
Old 01-31-2018, 12:58 PM   #3
EA UFC Producer

Bassi's Arena

My ideal training camp is using Learn when I am at 60-71% fitness. Then going into Spar when i am 71% to 90%, and then Training my attributes from 90% to 100% fitness since you get the most out of Training when you are near peak fitness
Old 01-31-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

I love the layout of career, wfa, DW, the gyms and training are excellent but the difficulty is strange. Playing on normal, my striker and brawler guys both had trouble getting a KO. I was hitting my opponent with clean 3x combos but i would be lucky to rock him once a fight where as they would rock me with one clean shot. Ended up mostly being 29-28 decision wins in wfa and TUF, not exactly GOAT worthy beginnings. I might start again as a balanced fighter as 2 of my 3 finishes were by armbar.

Bassi, any tips for early GOATness?
Old 01-31-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
EA UFC Producer

Bassi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehy83
I love the layout of career, wfa, DW, the gyms and training are excellent but the difficulty is strange. Playing on normal, my striker and brawler guys both had trouble getting a KO. I was hitting my opponent with clean 3x combos but i would be lucky to rock him once a fight where as they would rock me with one clean shot. Ended up mostly being 29-28 decision wins in wfa and TUF, not exactly GOAT worthy beginnings. I might start again as a balanced fighter as 2 of my 3 finishes were by armbar.

Bassi, any tips for early GOATness?
Early in your career, GOAT shouldnt be the priority. You will start accumulating records no matter how you fight. The focus should be on Train, Learn, and Spar. But mostly Train, since you are early in your career. The mistake I see a lot on streams is that people think Promotion is important when you are in WFA, Rookie, or Prospect. But really, you should focus on Train to get your attributes at a level where you can compete when the big fight comes. You know you only have 3-4 fights until then, so focus on your training.

When you get to Contender and Superstar, that is when Promote comes into play. If you didn't focus on Train early in your career, this is where it will bite you in the *** and you always feel behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 05:07 PM   #6
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

Great stuff thanks man!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Allzo's Arena

Finished it and became GOAT after a day. I enjoyed it at first working on different areas of my fighter (I focused on stand up, chin, power and good takedown defence) and once I hit the UFC it was extremely enjoyable. It was decent fighting guys with way better stats than me as it was a good challenge. Eventually as I got nearer to the title shot, my guy was more well rounded, and eventually once I was champion my fighter ended up with 90+ stats everywhere. It kinda made the game a bit boring as I just walked through opponents as a result!

I started off with training mostly until I got to the UFC, and even when I was on the prelims I would not worry about promotion too much. Realistically, you're not gonna be a superstar overnight so I figured by getting some good fights and finishes that it would make people want to watch my fights (e.g. Ngannou) rather than doing a few promotional things. Once I hit the top 15, I tried to market my fighter a bit more as well as training. Eventually, I was able to do both quite easily.

Make sure to spar however each camp as it's the best way to boost your sharpness before a fight.

Last edited by Allzo; 01-31-2018 at 07:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »