Home

Your go to (to's) @ WW

This is a discussion on Your go to (to's) @ WW within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your go to (to's) @ WW

Putting in work with Neil Magny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 06:16 PM   #26
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
I just want to come in here and say nick diaz again. My most used fighter in any weight division and it isnt even close

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
So after seeing this I finally gave him a try and he is sick. Definitely one of my favs now at WW and MW.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:54 AM   #27
Banned

Your go to (to's) @ WW

There's something about Stephen Thompson. Aside from maybe Matt Hughes, he's got the slowest footwork in the division. He just doesn't move fast, like the way Edgar or Gaethje trot around and jog. He's permanently in this slow moving, "ready" stance.

Last edited by The Relaxed Guy; 02-03-2018 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #28
Rookie

Wonderboy is really good. If you learn all those kicks it will really keep your opponent guessing.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
There's something about Stephen Thompson. Aside from maybe Matt Hughes, he's got the slowest footwork in the division. He just doesn't move fast, like the way Edgar or Gaethje trot around and jog. He's permanently in this slow moving, "ready" stance.
Except he has the highest footwork stat in the division, obviously it has something to do with signature animations?

Old 02-03-2018, 05:32 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
So after seeing this I finally gave him a try and he is sick. Definitely one of my favs now at WW and MW.
He is an absolute killer. I love using him

Old 02-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #31
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I was determined to learn how to use Wonderboy. Took me about an hour in practice but now I’m loving him. If I run into someone who likes to fight in a phone booth I’m screwed. Fighting at range with him is damn fun.

My favorite combos
Jab-Straight-question mark kick
Straight-jab-spinning heel kick
Lead high kick - spinning heel

The lead high kick to spinning kick is so awesome. People have become accustomed to watching a high kick miss, step in and try to counter. I throw the high kick as bait my opponent relaxes thinking he’s safe and then boom spinning kick KO lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #32
Rookie

Definitely my go to division so far. Bantamweight is pretty fun too, but mostly due to the three top guys. I also enjoy playing with Jones at LHW, and try to mimic his fighting style (which looked goofy in UFC 2, but is looks beautiful now in UFC 3), but WW has really fun players across the board!

I've had a few fights with Alan Jouban so far, and if you stick with basic kickboxing, he's pretty good. Also, it's fun to beat people up with lower rated characters, so whenever a lower rated guy can strike, which Jouban can, it's fun.

Woodley is fun too. I usually hang back, circle with my back against the cage, attack the legs a little bit and then attack in flurries - as he does IRL. I get some devastating KO's out of absolutely nowhere with him. Good fun.

I love using Conor, but it's probably unfair to use him at LW, so I play him at WW. Whenever I play with Conor, I just remain patient, do some smaller setups with the lead hand and try to land that Celtic Cross off the pull-counter. He's a beast at WW too if you can avoid the grappling exchanges. I do a little bit of the same with Kelvin Gastelum, but haven't been as effective so far.

Thiago Alves is good fun if you just want to get some good ol' brutal Muay Thai in every once in a while!

The Diaz bro's are beasts! Slick, slick boxing... Nick's really feeling much better this year, and Nate's animations just looks and feels soooo crisp (not to mentions his taunts).

If I want an easy submission, I obviously go for the human backpack, Demian Maia. Always fun to frustrate your opponent into giving up completely, either via rage-quit or just basically letting me submit them.

My go to guy at WW though - Jorge 'Gamebred' Masvidal. He is an absolute killer on this game! His striking feels goooorgeous and his boxing is oh so smooth. Love playing Masvidal. Definitely the fighter on this game with the best overall boxing to me so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »