Home

Is there any commentary for Grapplers?

This is a discussion on Is there any commentary for Grapplers? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is there any commentary for Grapplers?

Just had a fight where I was Gracie vs. Lawler. First round he stuffed my take down and picked at me with jabs.

Then in the second round I got him to the ground and put in quite a bit of good work. Then as soon as we are back to our feet the commentary says something to the effect of:

"He wasn't doing so hot in the first round, but he seems to have found the right range for striking in this round"...

I haven't heard anything geared towards "His best bet is to get him on the ground" or anything that would promote a grapplers abilities in the commentary. Maybe I just haven't played as grappler enough.

Is there grappler specific commentary in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2018, 10:29 PM   #2
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Re: Is there any commentary for Grapplers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Just had a fight where I was Gracie vs. Lawler. First round he stuffed my take down and picked at me with jabs.

Then in the second round I got him to the ground and put in quite a bit of good work. Then as soon as we are back to our feet the commentary says something to the effect of:

"He wasn't doing so hot in the first round, but he seems to have found the right range for striking in this round"...

I haven't heard anything geared towards "His best bet is to get him on the ground" or anything that would promote a grapplers abilities in the commentary. Maybe I just haven't played as grappler enough.

Is there grappler specific commentary in the game?

I’ve definitely heard them say things like ‘He’s gonna try and do everything it takes to get this fight to the ground.’ And ‘He had some unstoppable takedowns that round.’ Etc.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:34 PM   #3
Rookie

WatchMeDrive's Arena

The commentary is terrible this year. I can't stand it. I find the gameplay way better after I turned off Anik and Rogan's voices.

As for grappling specific commentary, it's basically the exact same as last year but even worse cause Anik sucks.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:01 PM   #4
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Yeah I’m not getting the right vibe from the commentating ,seems very generic to be honest I miss Goldberg!!
And it’s all over!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-01-2018, 12:58 AM   #5
Rookie

That's a bummer, but it is good to hear there is at least some commentary about the ground game. They put a lot of work into that last iteration. It's just hard to appreciate because in addition to limited commentary for it. You can't do much damage to people from any of those position (with exception of MT clinch and postured mount).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

The commentary is particularly bad and repetitive this year. I like Anik as a real life commentator but they just don't have enough lines recorded this year for it to be good.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:56 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The commentary is particularly bad and repetitive this year. I like Anik as a real life commentator but they just don't have enough lines recorded this year for it to be good.
The real ear sore this year is Rogan's generic commentary immediately after Anik's lively and fighter/moment specific comments.

I read that Rogan didn't want to record new lines this year; and because of it they just recycled as much stuff as possible.

Very noticeable during walkouts. Soon as Anik is done, Rogan chimes in with "THIS FIGHTER IS....."

Bleech. :/

I'm a huge Rogan fan too, but this just drags the immersive life out of the overall experience.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
The real ear sore this year is Rogan's generic commentary immediately after Anik's lively and fighter/moment specific comments.

I read that Rogan didn't want to record new lines this year; and because of it they just recycled as much stuff as possible.

Very noticeable during walkouts. Soon as Anik is done, Rogan chimes in with "THIS FIGHTER IS....."

Bleech. :/

I'm a huge Rogan fan too, but this just drags the immersive life out of the overall experience.
Yeah, I think Anik's lines are really good, it's just the contrast between them and Rogan's is rough. I doubt this will be an issue with the next installment (if there is one) because I expect Rogan to leave in the next 2 years. They have Jimmy Smith as a full time colour guy now, they'll have DC after March 2019 and possibly sooner and they have Felder, Cruz and the European crew of Hardy and Gooden. Rogan is less integral to the UFC's product than he's ever been, and he's said himself that he's kinda ready to move on from commentary. I'd honestly be shocked if he was still with the UFC in 2020.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »