Home

The game reviews got it right: Great game. Much improved. Incomplete.

This is a discussion on The game reviews got it right: Great game. Much improved. Incomplete. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 08:59 AM   #17
Rookie

War Daddy Rambo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The game reviews got it right: Great game. Much improved. Incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebobbydana
I feel the same way. I spent $300 on Ultimate Team and it feels like someone stole it from me. We deserve better than this after 3+ years.

Yes, we deserve better than "Ultimate Team" features and BS.

People like you spending $300 on that crap is 99.9% of the dang problem man.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:51 AM   #18
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
it's on spot...
i don't like the deny contest that is grappling in EA UFC, the lack of good and fluid gnp is sad... in ea UFC who get the better conect is the better grappler, can deny even fakes
Yeah, and the stamina system is all kinds of wonky right now still. GPD said he didn't want standup to be a stamina battle (which it kind of should be), but I assume with that said, they will likely work out the kinks with these crazy stamina drains off the ground hopefully. I just hope it's not mainly a UT issue though.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2018, 10:57 AM   #19
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Did gpd say he didn't want a stamina battle? Because thats exactly what they did with this game
Old 02-01-2018, 11:50 AM   #20
Rookie

The game reviews got it right: Great game. Much improved. Incomplete.

I hope to hear gamedevs address the fact that the grappling mechanics will be the focus of major changes/improvements moving forward.

Stand up is all they talk about, and I get it, it’s the primary change that was made for this iteration, but if the game reviews reveal anything, it’s that the grapple mechanics are dragging the game down as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by iceberg3445; 02-01-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:08 PM   #21
MVP

EA UFC1 - 6.8

EA UFC2 - 6.4

EA UFC3 - 7.5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
I can't understand how this game can get a 7.5, with so many flaws, omissions, bugs and 'oversights'.

Yes, the striking looks better than ever, but feels more unresponsive than ever at times. Got really hyped for career mode this year, but having actually no influence at what will happen kills replayabillity for me.

I've spent at least €60 a year on EA games for the past 15 years (FIFA), but I'm definitely not going to pay full price for a unfinished product. I would have preferred that they took an extra year and just came up with a complete game. Probably the last time I was gonna get hyped for a new EA UFC game.

Just dissapointed.
This is how I'm feeling as well. I went into it with a lot of hesitation and haven't been impressed. Same thing happened with NBA 2K which I have a shot this year after playing it every year since the original 18 years ago, and finally have it up after being burned too many times.

I gave this one a shot after seeing how much the game is changing and how dedicated the dev team seems to be, but there just doesn't seem to enough change to justify a whole new game, career mode is a big disappointment and nothing near what people were led to believe it was, and Ultimate Team seems like a complete mess and letdown so far.

I still feel the way I did after the beta, UFC 3 is definitely better than UFC 2, I'm just not sure it's $60 better.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden

So many other games already came along and answered all the questions in regards to translating MMA into video game form, and while not all of their answers were perfect, it's as if EA just learnt nothing from them.
The worst part is they didnt learn from themselves. They are getting close to EA MMA level striking but EA MMA ground game was light years ahead of ea ufc 3.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #24
MVP

I bought ea ufc3, but it does not mean this game has worth the full price. this game is so much fun. that is why i paid the full price for ea ufc3 regardless to their rating. hopefully, they will revamp the clinch, takedown and ground for ea ufc4 like stand up at this year.

Last edited by tissues250; 02-01-2018 at 12:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »