Home

Finishing: Why is it so hard?

This is a discussion on Finishing: Why is it so hard? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #49
Rookie

hawksfan509's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Finishing: Why is it so hard?

They need to bring the stamina and damage back from the beta. Way too much combo spam now.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:32 PM   #50
Rookie

After playing a lot more, I'm gonna say some of my conclusions were a little short sighted.

It's not as hard to break the block as I originally thought, but I stand by the claim that it's way too hard to finish after some knockdowns. The stage 3 knockdowns often are unresponsive if you try to jump on the opponent too early and forces you to miss your finish.

Also, the other knockdown that forces you into your opponents guard just sucks. It really discourages people from following up on knockdowns, there's very little potential for finishing with head grab spam from the guard and how fast the block meter regenerates.

Last edited by Papadoc60; 02-05-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #51
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan509
They need to bring the stamina and damage back from the beta. Way too much combo spam now.
Stamina is harsher, now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
It's hard to finish IRL. As GSP once said, when a professional fighter is "fighting not to lose", they're nearly impossible to finish whereas a fighter who's "fighting to win" is easier to finish. It's so true.

If I abandon all my offense and just go full on defensive mode, it should be nearly impossible to finish me (assuming I'm a competent player).
The problem is that you don't have to go full defense. People have a hard time finishing people who are literally afk.

When a fighter is hurt in real life, it's an important event. The defensive fighter scrambles to recollect themselves while their opponent tries to play a delicate game of trying to finish them, without leaving themselves too open or gassing themselves out. Neither side can make a mistake or it'll have devastating consequences.

It's usually a pivotal moment in a fight and an extremely dangerous situation to find yourself in as a fighter. Look no further than Jones wobbling DC.

Right now in the game, it's not at all dangerous. When you get rocked or flashed KD with the automatic standups, all it means is that you're likely down on the scorecards. It has no real consequences beyond that.

The devs really need to take away the take away the wolverine-esque healing and/or quadruple the duration of health events or at least add duration tiers depending on how damaging the shot was.

3 second health events makes them effectively useless.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:32 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Stamina is harsher, now.
This

The beta was worse in terms of stamina

I just think there needs to be more stamina lost on landed/blocked strikes.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:58 PM   #54
Rookie

Finishing in the stand up is hard because the fighter movement is super slow. I can't begin to explain how frustrating it is when I have a huge stamina advantage over my opponent because I've kept my combinations tight and threw accurate shots, whereas they spammed combo after combo after combo. I can't catch up to them to unload and take advantage of their low stamina in the later rounds. Instead, I'm plodding forward like the living dead trying my best to catch up to my opponent who is moving backwards at the same speed I'm moving forward, like what the heck is that about? So many times I want to cut the cage and punish a hook spammer but I feel like I'm stuck in mud.

You can only chain your combinations in short 4-5 strike bursts, realistic I suppose but when I rock my opponent I want to unload a barrage of punches, instead I'm restricted to throwing a programmed 4-5 strike combination which ends up in my opponent countering with a 4-hook combo to the head and I get rocked. This game has so many rocks but no finishes it's pretty ridiculous.

The striking doesn't feel responsive or fluid at times, especially when you factor in lag. The whole hit detection is a disaster with lag too.

Last edited by Paledude45; 02-05-2018 at 06:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »