Home

Head movement up close = suicide

This is a discussion on Head movement up close = suicide within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2018, 05:51 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Head movement up close = suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Sure but there needs to be an option to fight conservatively. Currently there isn't. You can either get into these wild exchanges and hopefully rock your opponent, or you can spend the round running while your body or head occasionally gets tagged sapping your stamina overtime.

This is extremely frustrating. There's very little reason to not put your foot down on the gas pedal from go as of now.
I think it depends your fighter

You’re using Big Nog so your mobility is limited. I have plenty of footage of me moving just fine and making people whiff
Old 02-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Back sway should be the counter to a hook, right? I mean you can't sway back far enough if you're practically hugging the other guy, but if you have even a little seperation when you sway you shouldn't be getting hit.

Hook is a horizontal swing, so I don't why swaying to the left or right should do any good - you'll get clocked on either side regardless. Ducking can work, but it seems like a really small timing window.

If you're really in close and feel like you can't back sway, maybe try the quick backstep? (L1 + L stick back). Small stamina hit for that, but it's something at least.

I've tried back stepping a lot, but it doesn't really make a difference. Instead of eating 4 hooks, I eat 4 hooks PLUS lose more stamina.

It also makes no sense that trying to avoid strikes uses more stamina than throwing strikes...
Old 02-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #11
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I've tested all weight classes with a fighter with decent head movement and have found it to work fine.

You can let go of block I think 6 frames prior to contact and it stays locked in, which gives you a bit more time to input the slip.
Have you tried doing this online?

It seems we're not testing the same game against the same people. There must be some variable that is different between us, because I've been trying slips a lot, it just doesn't work as it should. Maybe ping? Longer input lag?
It seems to work slightly better when playing couch multiplayer.

You basically have to sway standing still several seconds before they even wind up to swing for it to work even remotely consistently. Otherwise, if someone is throwing a 3-4-3-4-3-4 combo, the ONLY thing you can do is either block or run away. Head movement will not help you whatsoever, in fact it'll get you knocked out basically instantly.

Last edited by Nekrotik; 02-01-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Sure but there needs to be an option to fight conservatively. Currently there isn't. You can either get into these wild exchanges and hopefully rock your opponent, or you can spend the round running while your body or head occasionally gets tagged sapping your stamina overtime.

This is extremely frustrating. There's very little reason to not put your foot down on the gas pedal from go as of now.
the problem is the foot speed, u cant manage distance cause the fighter walk pratically at the same speed... but you can just map they attacks and try to counter

Last edited by bmlimo; 02-01-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:18 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
I've tried back stepping a lot, but it doesn't really make a difference. Instead of eating 4 hooks, I eat 4 hooks PLUS lose more stamina.

It also makes no sense that trying to avoid strikes uses more stamina than throwing strikes...
Perhaps, but the other guy's losing even more stamina (a lot more) by whiffing hooks. And unless your back is up against the cage I'm not sure how the backstep isn't letting you escape from a flurry of hooks.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:19 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
the problem is the foot speed, u cant manage distance cause the fighter walk pratically at the same speed... but you can just map they attacks and try to counter
You have to dash
Old 02-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Perhaps, but the other guy's losing even more stamina (a lot more) by whiffing hooks. And unless your back is up against the cage I'm not sure how the backstep isn't letting you escape from a flurry of hooks.
Thing is, he isn't missing hooks, he's stunlocking me and landing combos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2018, 06:28 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Time ducking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »