Home

Body kick catch

This is a discussion on Body kick catch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Body kick catch

I agree the strike is OP, I like having the move in the game but I shouldn't be insta rocked and have my chin soft the rest of the fight off one errant kick. In my opinion it should be a different button to block than to catch the kick. Make my opponent choose to catch it rather than getting freebies for holding block the whole game. I think some people get them caught from being predictable but I think at least half of kick catches are pure luck just from holding block up and down often enough. Make it another button and the predictable get punished but no one gets freebies.

My other problem with it is the unrealistic nature of rocking people from the catch kick. It is extremely hard to generate power in a strike from that position because you can't move your hips with a leg pinned to one side. Your opponent can also either fall back to the ground to avoid the strike or easily block it. It's the kind of thing you see maybe once in a 1000 fights but it happens 4 times a game. Hurts the realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 01:17 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
How did you test it? Was this in a fight or did you just use two controllers or practice mode?

If its the latter, that isnt a proper experiment because vulnerability and other actions play into stamina.
Practice mode, and I know it's not a perfect test, but if you do the same thing with high kicks for example (which I feel are a similar risk strike) you're getting knockdowns with 2 or 3 rather than 31 for a health event. It'd be a nightmare to actually test in a fight because I'd have to keep track of body kicks in my head or just not throw any other strikes so I can use the in-game counter, which would make it real difficult to not lose immediately.

I do agree that I should've been clearer about the way I tested it though, and I'm very aware that it's not a super accurate test, it's just the only way I can reasonably do it without it taking forever.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Practice mode, and I know it's not a perfect test, but if you do the same thing with high kicks for example (which I feel are a similar risk strike) you're getting knockdowns with 2 or 3 rather than 31 for a health event. It'd be a nightmare to actually test in a fight because I'd have to keep track of body kicks in my head or just not throw any other strikes so I can use the in-game counter, which would make it real difficult to not lose immediately.

I do agree that I should've been clearer about the way I tested it though, and I'm very aware that it's not a super accurate test, it's just the only way I can reasonably do it without it taking forever.
They do drop the opponents stamina pretty fast in a fight. I stick with punches for now though. With the catch the kick is only for special occasions like the head kick
Old 02-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #28
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll agree to disagree with that. I'm not seeing many high level players complain about this. Low level players like me arent complaining either. If someone is focusing on body kicking, I can catch a few....if I focus on just catching those kicks or if someone is throwing the same combo over and over again.

Also, you arent rocked EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. In fact, I played 2 games on Wednesday, where my opponents were openly throwing body kicks (with no set up). So I just started waiting and I started catching them. It took me 3 before I rocked either one of them.
I was ranked in the top 30 as of lastnight. Not sure much more top i need to be.

Its not realistic. Dudes arent catching kicks and whipping counters at each other every second fight on a ppv are they?
Old 02-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #29
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

The damage should change, the lack of ability to block should just be changed though.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #30
Banned

Imo there was nothing wrong with the kicking speed in the beta just the catches were broken.

It was a great way to chase down runners who are now bird free in the cage again. Literally moving backwards all the time catching kicks all day long.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #31
Rookie

The fighter who has his leg caught should be able to throw a strike too, that's been happening a lot lately. If not then yeah some defensive options are needed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
The counter damage of this needs to be drastically changed and the window for catching kicks needs to be lowered as well.

Literally every fight i have me and my opponent are catching each others kicks and rocking each other atleast half a dozen times a match.

Its wildly unrealistic.
I agree 100%.

Lower window for catching and LESS damage from the punches (I've already said that after beta. I think they lowered, but not enough). Just watch real fights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »