Home

Body kick catch

This is a discussion on Body kick catch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 01:46 PM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Body kick catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
I was ranked in the top 30 as of lastnight. Not sure much more top i need to be.

Its not realistic. Dudes arent catching kicks and whipping counters at each other every second fight on a ppv are they?

And you are the only top 30 fighter I’ve seen complain about it.

My point is bums like me aren’t complaining and top players aren’t complaining so it doesn’t seem to be as big of a problem as you think it is. Look, we disagree. No big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
And you are the only top 30 fighter I’ve seen complain about it.

My point is bums like me aren’t complaining and top players aren’t complaining so it doesn’t seem to be as big of a problem as you think it is. Look, we disagree. No big deal.

If it’s about realism it’s a huge problem.

It’s okay in terms of balance but it is an unrealistic mechanic. We should be able to defend ourselves.
Old 02-02-2018, 01:57 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
If it’s about realism it’s a huge problem.

It’s okay in terms of balance but it is an unrealistic mechanic. We should be able to defend ourselves.

The word “huge” is so overused in this forum.

The rocks don’t happen every time. Maybe they should be decreased but without the rocks there is no real deterrent to stop someone from spamming body kicks.

Given the stamina realism demands that this forum has asked for, body work and stamina are even more important in this game. I’ll take this unrealistic mechanic over vids of people throwing body kicks over and over and over again because there is no real punishment.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:

The rocks don’t happen every time. Maybe they should be decreased but without the rocks there is no real deterrent to stop someone from spamming body kicks.

Given the stamina realism demands that this forum has asked for, body work and stamina are even more important in this game. I’ll take this unrealistic mechanic over vids of people throwing body kicks over and over and over again because there is no real punishment.

The rocks happen everytime later in fights. And I dont understand how rocks can be considered the only “real punishment”. Free damage and free takedowns are legit punishments.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 02-02-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
The rock happen everytime later in rights. And I dont understand how rocks can be considered the only “real punishment”. Free damage and free takedowns are legit punishments.

The free damage isn’t significant enough to keep people from spamming it. The takedown works for people who are using wrestlers.

Let’s say I have Ngannou and I don’t want to go to the ground. My only choice is to get one free strike that doesn’t cause much damage, take someone down when I don’t want to or just do nothing.

If I’m the opponent, I have no incentive to stop body kicking you because none of those 3 choices is much of a deterrent. I’ll just keep bodykicking as much as I can.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:

It's not like catching kicks is the only counter to them. It's just the most annoying one to be on the receiving end of because it takes control away, which is the same problem parries had in UFC 2 tbh. If you straight up removed the kick catching mechanic (which I don't want, to be clear), you could still back dash away from a kick and throw a counter kick or duck/lean into the kick to armour it and throw a counter combination. If they just make the counter punch on a caught kick do less damage it would encourage the takedowns from the caught kick more and the riskier counters for more damage.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
The free damage isn’t significant enough to keep people from spamming it. The takedown works for people who are using wrestlers.

Let’s say I have Ngannou and I don’t want to go to the ground. My only choice is to get one free strike that doesn’t cause much damage, take someone down when I don’t want to or just do nothing.

If I’m the opponent, I have no incentive to stop body kicking you because none of those 3 choices is much of a deterrent. I’ll just keep bodykicking as much as I can.

The damage would obviously add up. There’s a pretty big gap between damn near auto rock and “doesnt cause much damage”.

Hell i’d be okay with the current damage if we were given an option to defend.

Free hits shouldnt exist. The way the current body kick mechanic works it’s essentially an extension of parries from last year. You’re stuck watching your fighter take a free shot just because they reacted/guessed your attack.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #40
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:

Decrease how easy it is to catch and id be happy with it. Or increase the speed?idk.

I feel like kicks are easy to read now

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »