Home

Body kick catch

This is a discussion on Body kick catch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Body kick catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The word “huge” is so overused in this forum.

The rocks don’t happen every time. Maybe they should be decreased but without the rocks there is no real deterrent to stop someone from spamming body kicks.

Given the stamina realism demands that this forum has asked for, body work and stamina are even more important in this game. I’ll take this unrealistic mechanic over vids of people throwing body kicks over and over and over again because there is no real punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The problem is that it is probably the single most damaging strike in the game and it is given as a free reward for holding block. I don't see why a less powerful punch that has like standard hook power wouldn't stop the body kick spam effectively. Even lowering the effectiveness of the kick would be a decent deterrent to spamming it. I know the realism complaints don't make a ton of sense because the way everyone plays is not realistic in any way. But this one really does feel unrealistic on a level that takes you out of the immersion of the game. It's a long animation of an ineffective move that has been arcaded into a super move. Might as well add a fireball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #42
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
I don't agree with a lot of the complaints on this forum, but I just think the risk-reward is off on body kicks. Like, it's an incredibly high risk technique for almost no reward unless you're landing like 10+ of them. So, as an example, the risk on a body kick isn't much lower than a high kick (it is slightly lower though) but if I land 2-3 high kicks I'll probably get a stoppage whereas if I'd have to land 15 or so body kicks to start getting any benefit.

However, I'm not advocating for big changes for a while, want the meta to settle a bit and for people to figure some stuff out before I can say "X strategy is overpowered and Y tactic needs a little buff" etc, I'm just saying right now body kicks don't feel very good to me.
They're literally the easiest way to set-up an uncontested head kick that's nearly always an instant rock? I don't get how they're underpowered. Throw them as your opponent is backing up and at proper range - they're lethal.

Throw them in clinch range they're not gonna interrupt strikes as they did on the last game so you're gonna get clocked.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
They're literally the easiest way to set-up an uncontested head kick that's nearly always an instant rock? I don't get how they're underpowered. Throw them as your opponent is backing up and at proper range - they're lethal.

Throw them in clinch range they're not gonna interrupt strikes as they did on the last game so you're gonna get clocked.
I def agree that body kicks overall feel like they’re in a good place. I just hate watching my player frozen when the kick is caught.

Heck i’d even be okay with us being allowed to block but it doing a lot of damage to your guard so you’d be put on the defensive.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:24 PM   #44
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I def agree that body kicks overall feel like they’re in a good place. I just hate watching my player frozen when the kick is caught.

Heck i’d even be okay with us being allowed to block but it doing a lot of damage to your guard so you’d be put on the defensive.
Then everyone would just block in that scenario.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
The damage would obviously add up. There’s a pretty big gap between damn near auto rock and “doesnt cause much damage”.

Hell i’d be okay with the current damage if we were given an option to defend.

Free hits shouldnt exist. The way the current body kick mechanic works it’s essentially an extension of parries from last year. You’re stuck watching your fighter take a free shot just because they reacted/guessed your attack.
I miss parries. I wish they would have taken out the free shot but kept it as a blocking mechanism. Have it freeze their combos and evade the shot without breaking your block. People just holding block is getting annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:

You know ducking counters both body kicks and high kicks right? It's just not an effective mix up in my opinion because as soon as someone figures out that's what you're doing, they'll just duck and step in. And I'm not throwing them in clinch range.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:30 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Then everyone would just block in that scenario.
Add the ability to try and defend the TD as well.

So if your kick gets caught you can defend the Td or block.

Or allow the one who catches the kick to let go and attack while the kicker is regaining balance.

You get to go on the offensive and it forces the kicker to defend.

I just know that allowing a free punch with that much damage is no different than parries of last year.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvioros
Lower window for catching and LESS damage from the punches (I've already said that after beta. I think they lowered, but not enough). Just watch real fights.
Not only should window for catching be lowered, but the counter-punch window as well. Player should have to catch and immediately (almost at same time) throw counter punch. Otherwise, kicker should be able to block their head; catcher could still attempt takedown/trip.

OR think Henderson/Lombard. Lombard caught the kick but didn't counter strike. Maybe kicker should have a window, if not counter-punched or tripped, to strike ala Henderson or roll-out like Sonnen did in his first fight with Silva.

Henderson kick caught, not counter-punched, delivers own elbow

Sonnen kick caught, not counter-punched, turns and rolls out @ 4:23 UFC clock (or 1:12 into the video)

Last edited by theonlywoj; 02-02-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: double vimeo

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »