Home

input lag!!!

This is a discussion on input lag!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: input lag!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
This thread concerns me. Considering striking was the big selling point of this game. I think I'm just going to pass on UFC 3 all together...
Wait for a few patches. The striking is great at times, other times it has you shouting at the screen.

I dislike the following:
- Getting stun locked by shots.
- The you go, I go, sort of meta.
- The head movement input frames. Needs less.
- The head movement damage multipliers.
- Dropped strikes after combos.
- The combo system itself somewhat. It needs some tweaking.

Relating this back to this thread, the input lag for head movement, not sure how to describe it, can be frustrating. I'll guess a direction, input it but still get beaten to the shot. Getting better though skill-wise and I'm finding the duck to be the most useful of the bunch vs the AI & I'm predicting their shots a lot better. I think if they tweaked the early frames slightly, to make head movement a little quicker or more responsive, we'll be able to do reactive head movement. I can nearly do it.

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 02-04-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2018, 04:15 PM   #42
Rookie

I really hope there can be a patch implemented to fix this issue. Right now this feels like a turn based game!! I input a series of buttons then my opponent inputs his and back and forth we go a mma game should not be like that.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenyc721
I really hope there can be a patch implemented to fix this issue. Right now this feels like a turn based game!! I input a series of buttons then my opponent inputs his and back and forth we go a mma game should not be like that.
What it seems like at the moment:
1) You catch him right before he starts his assault by slipping & ripping or beating him to the punch with a quicker shot & going into your combo.
2) You wait for him to finish his combo then take advantage of his lowered stamina and assault with a flurry of your own.

These are the two safe options.

Having a back and forth is really tricky I think because one punch from the opponent can make your character cancel his actions and wobble around / get stun locked.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #44
MVP

I hate input all combo button first and they out later. it feels not the real time. combo system needs to be more tweaked..... its really bad now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »