Home

input lag!!!

This is a discussion on input lag!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
input lag!!!

I really don't understand why it feels so laggy when striking. Does anyone else notice this? and is there anything that can be done to fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #2
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

Re: input lag!!!

Same here. Those are the benefits of P2P online gaming. There are still enough countrys with poor internet under 1mb upload. So it wont change for a few years.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
Rookie

But it was just fine on UFC1/2 , it's so annoying man.. so slow and laggy and not fun at all
Old 02-02-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
MVP

yeah input lag kill the game now.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:31 PM   #5
Banned

holyjesus's Arena

yeah someone should adress the input lag, it's really bad, 2 second delay or more sometimes it feels
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #6
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjesus
yeah someone should adress the input lag, it's really bad, 2 second delay or more sometimes it feels
Restart your game. If you had your game suspended while in rest mode, that’s the problem. It’s a bug I think, it causes crazy lag.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Restart your game. If you had your game suspended while in rest mode, that’s the problem. It’s a bug I think, it causes crazy lag.
I've been getting it in offline play too after a few hours and I don't use rest mode, I agree its probably a bug though.

For me its either an input not registering or a combo throwing like, 1-3 seconds after I dos yhe input, it could be intentional for all I know, but it doesn't feel like it.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:12 PM   #8
MVP

Agreed. I've played offline so far and it's very much a case of:
- Input a command
- Wait for animation to play out & hope it lands

I put the buttons in & the actual strikes come out quite a delayed while after, for my tastes anyway.

The whole game feels like there's a layer of input lag. It was the same with EA UFC 2. I feel like I have to predict what strikes to throw than actually react & throw stuff, which isn't fun.

With head movement, I'm a stage where I remember when the AI last threw an uppercut & plan my duck accordingly. Ok, AI throws uppercut, I have a window of a good 3-4 punches where he will be unlikely to throw another uppercut.

This predictive style of gameplay is exactly what we were trying to address in the head movement thread. I hate this style of gameplay. It works too. Let the CPU throw a hook or uppercut & you should be okay for a little while from that same strike being thrown again.

Reactive head movement, not a chance... not a chance of pulling that off. Reason: if you go the wrong way, you're stuck in dead centre for the rest of the time eating bombs OR dead on the floor. IRL, if you go the wrong way and eat a strike, you can still continue your head movement. It doesn't kill you. You might eat a hook but then roll the next punch and counter. It's dynamic. Not "Punch registers" > "Player stuck frozen in middle every time"

What is needed:
- A faster input to animation playing amount.
- Dead zones for head movement.
- Blocking with head movement.
- Throwing punches off blocks, EVEN mid combo of opponent.
- No stun locks. Absolutely kills the flow of gameplay.
- Less wobbling around all over the place.

I'm having more fun actually turning the damage sliders down a few ticks. The fight flows better. Less stumbling around, getting knocked down etc.

This is on PRO and granted it's my first day playing but I have a feel for the game already and have some combos down.

Why are the body hooks so hidious?

They need to chain off head movement the same way hooks do.

Also, what is this head movement evading kicks business about? Quite a few times, a head kick which should have connected whiffs even though it is inline with the head movement.

Head movement needs to be more responsive. At the moment, I can go full on Neo mode with head movement if I use those predictive patterns mentioned earlier. I have to make sure to strike immediately after head movement as slipping consecutive strikes James Toney style is a death sentence.

I find blocking then head movement in the same direction of the block to work well but it's just a last ditch effort to try & put some reactive head movement into practise.

Have you guys thought about trying 8 directional head movement?

Have you guys thought about adding head movement whilst blocking?

Have you guys thought about removing stun locks? You are able to block immediately after a stun lock (I think) but cannot move your head off centre. That sucks. It is the same damn thing as getting locked in place by a matrix parry from EA UFC 2.

These are my frustrations with the stand up and my excitement has dwindled heavily this evening.............. ffs!

I saved footage of me doing matrix Anderson movement and would happily record again, incase it's a case of "git gud". Predictive movement is NOT the only way. Dropping input lag & increasing fluidity of head movement should introduce reactive capacities. Grazing shots should be introduced. Stun locks need to go UNLESS heavily heavily stunned. Blocking whilst head movement needs to be a thing.

Solid may think otherwise but he's wrong. This is not how you do head movement IRL (not the only way) & strikes don't lock you in place & you CAN strike in between combos off blocking & off head movement.

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 02-02-2018 at 06:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »