Home

This is EXACTLY what is killing me about takedowns right now

This is a discussion on This is EXACTLY what is killing me about takedowns right now within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: This is EXACTLY what is killing me about takedowns right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningxspirit
I have faith that this will be fixed almost immediately. It's a huge oversight that this game does not allow you to blend strikes with wrestling. Im sick of companies putting out games at full price that are full of bugs and flaws but we live in the age of patches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
They had 18 months to blend strikes with wrestling. What makes you think they will do it now?

Exactly. I never get this line of logic, why assume that something will be fixed "immediately" when it hasn't even been acknowledged as an issue? Takedowns haven't changed at all this year but I never had this problem in UFC 2.

I'd still like to know why that wasn't a takedown, if that's how the devs want it to be, and if not when will it be changed.

I've stopped playing the game completely after this and I'd just like to know if its something that is seen as an issue that will be addressed or if its just going to be this way going forward.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #50
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
The devs have already said they’re working on it

I'm talking about takedowns that should be successful not being successful. I'm not talking about the dropped inputs, I'm talking about successful inputs under the perfect circumstances still not being successful?

Have they said they are working on that? I havn't seen it addressed.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:30 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
I'm talking about takedowns that should be successful not being successful. I'm not talking about the dropped inputs, I'm talking about successful inputs under the perfect circumstances still not being successful?

Have they said they are working on that? I havn't seen it addressed.
Oh that’s different

I dunno if they want that changed. The majority of players want to stand so tuning TDs would mess with that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 02:17 AM   #52
Rookie

your back was against the fence and you where holding block, Ngannou probably had a fair chunk of grapple advantage, theres an actual animation if you catch someone in full rotation of throwing a kick for a guarenteed takedown.
Youtube
Twitch
Old 02-07-2018, 07:56 AM   #53
Banned

The ground game is killing the game for me, I don’t mind going to the ground but there is too much of a gap between top guys and mid to lower tier guys on the ground top guys are like Cael Sanderson on the ground you should be at least able to deny transitions if timed right, Biggest problem with the game

Last edited by BruceBanner; 02-07-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:09 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
your back was against the fence and you where holding block, Ngannou probably had a fair chunk of grapple advantage, theres an actual animation if you catch someone in full rotation of throwing a kick for a guarenteed takedown.

What does my back being against the cage have to do with it? Ngannou whiffed the kick before this and whiffed the leg kick so I should have grapple advantage. I connected with the takedown as soon as his leg cleared, there was no way I could have timed it better.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
What does my back being against the cage have to do with it? Ngannou whiffed the kick before this and whiffed the leg kick so I should have grapple advantage. I connected with the takedown as soon as his leg cleared, there was no way I could have timed it better.
He has a point regarding the game’s GA

Your opp gets significant GA when your back is to the fence

Imo that should be null on clinch and TD attempts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 04:44 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

i'm about to just quit playing until a patch comes out, takedowns are ****ing broken, no way guys throwing high kicks and whiffing should stuff my takedowns on one leg and take a dominant position

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »